It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

lol!

I am sure whatever it is has some scientific value be it Geological or Biological, i am still holding out hope that it is some kind of ancient crashed UFO in which case it may just be covered in all kinds of rubbish. I can't help but think, it is a crashed alien ship and the 'little fire places' were made while attempting survival after the crash. Alas its probably just some other easily explainable and random thing.
I wonder what happens if they drill into it?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think these guys are straight up hucksters (divers).... and this will probably end up much like the Sasquatch in the freezer fraud story a couple years ago.

I'm confident the OP didn't bring this story with the intention of any nonsense, but these things have a way of capturing the reading audience, whether true or contrived.

And on to the next 'cool' story.......

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
#1 - Extraterrestrials with that type pf space-technology would not crash into a sea and leave evidence.. they are much more intelligent and aware of what would happen if future-dumbed down humans found evidence of an alien craft..they do a great job staying hidden from human attention

#2 - The term "UFO".. literally means unidentified FLYING OBJECT... this thing is lying in the bottom of the sea.. understand people? Starship/spaceship, UFO, and circle thing under the sea are all different .. we are brighter then this people come on

#3 - If this WAS by ANY chance proven to be ET space technology .. you think the media would be allowed to advertise it globally ? Again.. come one people -_-

Thanks for sharing OP

~ Love is an art

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by gortex
Its stone ( maybe sandstone) that's mushroom shaped in appearance , it is not a giant mushroom .
Once again they release nondescript pictures of the thing to keep you all sucked in and retain an air of mystery over what is at the end of the day a rock or a collection of rocks .

What I can't work out is why this is still being posted in the Aliens and UFOs forum as we now know its neither Alien or a UFO .

I was unaware you're on the dive team that investigated this! Are you in the video above? Which one are you? You mentioned in any of the articles? I only ask because you speak as though you were on board and know these interesting details as fact. Do you?

They think it is something like a mushroom formation clinging TO the under laying rock. I think it might even be coral. I don't pretend to know though. I could be wrong.

edit on 16-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

When they say "The object appeared more as a huge mushroom" , they mean in shape. I don't think they believe it's some kind of fungus.
edit on 17-6-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Mushroom "shape" does not mean mushroom.

I really would love this to be something like a UFO or ancient city, but I'm not seeing this yet.

Some people may not know this, but there is a second anomaly a few hundred meters away from the first one:

If they had only showed us the second anomaly, would we be excited at all?

Also, many people are saying there is a glide path or ramp leading to the first anomaly:

But what about all the other lighter material present in the image above, conveniently ignored, highlighted by the green boxes?

truthfall.com...
doubtfulnews.com...
www.disclose.tv...

edit on 17-6-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"They hacked a chunk off for analysis anyway...." What I read in the subtitles was they took a SLEDGEHAMMER down and knocked a piece off for analysis. That sounds more like breaking off a piece of rock/sandstone as they repeatedly referred to it in the video. Not taking a slice of an organic mushroom.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Did you read the story? They are already fairly sure it is a colony of mushroom and open to the possibility it is resting on a rock formation. I think the scientific team are familiar with a rock if not a gigantic 'shroom. I am not sure why no one is guessing coral?

Why couldn't it be a mushroom colony resting on a crashed UFO?

I want to believe.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

I didn't change a thing. Maybe I should have edited the news story myself...?

No. But you could have change the thread title. You are the OP, are you not? The article is taking an analogy from the source and re-writing it as fact when it is completely unproven. The OP should reflect this.

Just look at the many posts going "Oh so it was a mushroom? Awesome!" just because of this article. Breeding ignorance at its finest.
edit on 17-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

So you think I should have edited the Title of the story I am quoting? Why would I change it? I do not know more than the writers and neither do you. You also "assume" the researchers meant "mushroom shaped" You could easily be wrong. People can read and decide for themselves. I am not charged with holding any ones hand here. Anything to bitch.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by mainidh

No need to be a wiener about it.

This kind of crap is why ATS has become a shadow of its former self.

There aren't enough mods.

This was a joke right? There are TOO many mods with absolutely nothing to do apparently than go through every thread and edit peoples posts taking off the jokes and humorous responses. I had a lot of funny comments regarding this mushroom or sandstone rock or whatever it is and they were censored. I posted the story here to generate discussion about it - whatever it is. Would be nice to view those answers and decide for myself if they are on topic. I think it is possible the entire thread is in the wrong forum but what do I know?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You also "assume" the researchers meant "mushroom shaped" You could easily be wrong. People can read and decide for themselves.

I dont assume. I listened to what the diver said in the video. He was talking about stone the entire time. I can read the source article in Swedish, thus avoiding any silly Google translate shennanigans. Some of the stones appeared mushroom shaped.

Could I easily be wrong? Why yes I can. I can always be wrong.

It still doesnt change the fact that they never said it was a giant mushroom in any of the source material. Which make the article in the OP a hoax. So the thread title should be... "Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom [HOAX]".

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm all for discovering something other than some sort of "uso" because I don't really believe it is anything other than rocks. However, with that said, how does this

Turn into this?

Am I missing something?

And what exactly is this?

Just a close up of the the lower rounded rock in the second picture? If that is the case, then the lower rock must be at least 25 feet across. Isn't the entire size of the anomaly 60 meters? Which would mean you could only fit 7-8 rocks of the same size in the diameter.

Eyeballing 7 of those rocks across in the second picture kinda fits which would make it roughly 60 meters, but then again something seems off about this. What exactly is "rising" 10-13 off the seafloor? Certainly nothing in the second picture other than the rocks on the outer circumference.

ETA: where is the mushroom shape?
edit on 17-6-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I wonder if this giant mushroom is of the 'magic' variety... 'Baltica Cubensis'
#

Man, I will happily be a test subject for that beast!
edit on 17-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: spelt majic wrong

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is from a news source 12 hours ago. Trying to post information as it comes in.

Baltic "UFO" New Dive, New Details (PHOTOS)

Ocean Explorer - The Swedish Dive team investigating
This site should provide new information as it comes in.

Another thread popped up that focus on a fireplace and soot - when the story simply states what they found "resembles" soot and a fireplace. Funny how things are taken literally in some instances and then in others not. There is little consistency. Consistency is necessary in scientific observation since they are your controls. You cannot arrive at true conclusions unless all factors are duplicated exactly.
edit on 17-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well it could be many things. I have three views on what it could be.

1) A new type of coral. Perhaps not even new, but an ancient species that has survived until today.

2) Biological EBE spaceship. If a species was advanced enough to mess around with bio-engineering who's to say they can't GROW their own ships?

3) The top dome of Cthulu's head. Keep picking chunks at it and he will awaken.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

You also "assume" the researchers meant "mushroom shaped" You could easily be wrong. People can read and decide for themselves.

I dont assume. I listened to what the diver said in the video. He was talking about stone the entire time. I can read the source article in Swedish, thus avoiding any silly Google translate shennanigans. Some of the stones appeared mushroom shaped.

Could I easily be wrong? Why yes I can. I can always be wrong.

It still doesnt change the fact that they never said it was a giant mushroom in any of the source material. Which make the article in the OP a hoax. So the thread title should be... "Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom [HOAX]".

LOL WITH A FIREPLACE AND SOOT!

Which is the claim of another thread started on this topic. Again the researchers said it resembled a "fireplace" and "soot." Perhaps they are in need of your expertise to clear up the misunderstanding. If we are to deny ignorance ...I mean.. get over there man! LOL

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
LOL

Since you obviously dont care about your thread spreading misinformation, I wont bother anymore.

LOL (extra added for effect)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A giant mushroom, huh? We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
#1 - Extraterrestrials with that type pf space-technology would not crash into a sea and leave evidence.. they are much more intelligent and aware of what would happen if future-dumbed down humans found evidence of an alien craft..they do a great job staying hidden from human attention

#2 - The term "UFO".. literally means unidentified FLYING OBJECT... this thing is lying in the bottom of the sea.. understand people? Starship/spaceship, UFO, and circle thing under the sea are all different .. we are brighter then this people come on

#3 - If this WAS by ANY chance proven to be ET space technology .. you think the media would be allowed to advertise it globally ? Again.. come one people -_-

Thanks for sharing OP

~ Love is an art

Well they didn't...they disguised it as a ROCK!

I thought UFO meant Under Far Ocean?

Thats why they went to the media in Sweden...
edit on 17-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Incredible stuff. Exploration is so exciting to watch. And yes I am sure quite sure actually that experts are studying the pieces they brought up. But as more information becomes available we will know more. The stone circle fire pits would certainly lead one to believe that it was archaeological in nature.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Everyone is excited and focused on the mushroom. All the while the other anomoly is actually an ancient alien spacecraft crash site that we will never investigate because it does not look like a star wars spaceship on sonar lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join