It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Yes, the reference got confused in translation. They describe it as looking like a giant mushroom - they don't mean that they think it actually IS a giant mushroom (which would make it a completely new lifeform - fungi do not live in the sea!)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I didn't change a thing. Maybe I should have edited the news story myself...?

No. But you could have change the thread title. You are the OP, are you not? The article is taking an analogy from the source and re-writing it as fact when it is completely unproven. The OP should reflect this.

Just look at the many posts going "Oh so it was a mushroom? Awesome!" just because of this article. Breeding ignorance at its finest.
edit on 17-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You know what? Ok look at the image, the relief of this spaceship-like object does not look bulged like a mushroom or even flat, it looks concaved downward. So is the YouTube video an actual video of the mushroom or is it a montage to imagine how it looks like? ... I'm tired of my time wasted with this game of nerves.

I don't know if you have seen all sorts of mushrooms in the forests but this does not look like a mushroom at all,

the whole name 'giant mushroom' sounds like completely bogus. Hey it's the entrance to the Inner Earth! You know like these:

LOL
edit on 17-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
here's my theory..

i think that a ufo did indeed crash there as indicated by the skid marks, and due to the radiation and who knows what else coming off of the ship this growth began to form on the outside.

maybe its a kind of fail-safe for the ship to avoid contaminating our atmosphere if it crashed because mushrooms are known absorb a lot of radiation..?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
One thing is for sure. If this mystery is solved to quickly all theses guys will be out of a job.
It could get played out into next year

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The symmetry of the notch is what intrigues me. It looks manmade.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
A giant mushroom my butt. They found something and don't want to tell us the truth about what it is.

edit on 6/16/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

Damn right! Those swines will never tell us the truth. They're swines I tell you. They found something. A big fancy ship I know it. And it probably runs on farts too, and is chock full of beans.

It only makes sense they would never tell us poor fools. We're not ready for this sort of new fangled technology. We'd reverse engineer it and try to make it run on petrol, or some other terrible thing.

They found the future I tell you. The future, man. And they're keeping us lowly fiends in the past.

I hate those guys..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

On this website and you don't know Alice in Wonderland? Why do you think people are always going on about how deep the rabbit hole is.

Lol

Wait, you were pulling my leg... I know it!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Its stone ( maybe sandstone) that's mushroom shaped in appearance , it is not a giant mushroom .
Once again they release nondescript pictures of the thing to keep you all sucked in and retain an air of mystery over what is at the end of the day a rock or a collection of rocks .

What I can't work out is why this is still being posted in the Aliens and UFOs forum as we now know its neither Alien or a UFO .

No, we don't. You are begging the question whether the object is natural, i.e. a geological formation, or an artifact. Pretending that reality is what you want to believe does not cut it at ATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

You are aware that mushrooms, the fruit you see above, is only the fruit and the entire organism is under ground, right?

for instance

The largest living organism ever found has been discovered in an ancient American forest.

The Armillaria ostoyae, popularly known as the honey mushroom, started from a single spore too small to see without a microscope. It has been spreading its black shoestring filaments, called rhizomorphs, through the forest for an estimated 2,400 years, killing trees as it grows. It now covers 2,200 acres (880 hectares) of the Malheur National Forest, in eastern Oregon.

The outline of the giant fungus stretches 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometres) across, and it extends an average of three feet (one metre) into the ground. It covers an area as big as 1,665 football fields.

www.independent.co.uk...

It's not like it's one big giant cap.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well I'm sad for a few reasons.

It's not a UFO.. so it wont take me to their planet..
It's not the worlds largest psilocybin so I can't get there myself..

and we'll never hear the end of it being a UFO now.

whew, least it's taken the focus off those sky noises... maybe thats their intention... oO

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

post by merka
Just look at the many posts going "Oh so it was a mushroom? Awesome!" just because of this article. Breeding ignorance at its finest.

Plus the fact they couldn't be bothered to read other posts in the thread before registering their amazement , your right in what you say about the title of the thread but that doesn't absolve people of their ignorance in just taking the OP as fact .

post by newcovenant
Finally you reveal yourself. I knew you were part of the investigative team by the detail in your responses. And actually a lot better looking than I pegged you.

Wow more personal attacks

Sadder and sadder .

edit on 17-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by IIILoserIII

Originally posted by merka
Where have the divers ever said that it is a giant mushroom?

The articles and the main source (ie ocean explorer webpage) say that it appeared more like a mushroom. That the stone was mushroom shaped.

Finally someone with a brain in this thread.

They said it was likely mushrooms connected to each other. This is what they have come up with so far. You wouldn't know that if you didn't watch the video or read the story's. Everyone posting has a brain here and many of them can read. Unlike recent posters others also have manners and common sense.

You might be right about my manners. But nothing more.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Hacked a chunk off for analysis my butt.
They is gonna make a BIG bowl of cream of mushroom soup!

Actually, now that I think of it, that might sell well considering what some common truffles go for.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
These Baltic Mushroom / Lance Armstrong threads are messing with my head.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's not a mushroom. That was a decriptive word to explain what it looked like. If you looked into mushroom growth and conditions viable for growth you'd realise it's not a mushroom/s.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No worries mate and thanks very much
looks like there is more disscussion going on here anyway so i'll let you take it from here

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

No need to be a wiener about it.

This kind of crap is why ATS has become a shadow of its former self.

There aren't enough mods.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join