It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ZOINKS...A big shroom!
...I honestly was hoping it was Gamera laying dormant all these years ready to be awaken to take on Godzilla and Mothra for the battle of the century.
...seriously though,I think its just a sandstone growth from methane escaping from beneath the seabed.We'll have to wait for the lab reports I guess.

cheers

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
hi op
wow
its almost like...
Journey to the center of the earth
(remember the shroom scene

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why are the pictures so bad unless they are trying to stretch the publicity as long as they can, btw just as they wrote in the document that was leaked from their website. I'm with Gortex on that it will probably just end up being some rocks, and they probably know it even now, that's why we get these bad pictures.
edit on 16-6-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I was unaware you're on the dive team that investigated this. Are you in the video above? Which one is you? Are you mentioned in any of the articles? I only ask because you speak as though you were on board and know something as a fact. Do you?

Oh dear .. personal attacks now .. how sad

I speak as someone who's followed this BS story from the start and has realized that that's all it is ..a BS story .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Somehow I knew it wouldn't turn out to be a UFO.
However, it is still a great find. Can't wait until they get the results from the piece they took to study.
Maybe it will cure cancer! or athletes feet.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MerkabaMeditation
Why are the pictures so bad unless they are trying to stretch the publicity as long as they can, btw just as they wrote in the document that was leaked from their website. I'm with Gortex on that it will probably just end up being some rocks, and they probably know it even now, that's why we get these bad pictures.

It would be quite normal that the photos are poor quality if they are on a seabed covered by fine silt. They did state that the visibility is only a few feet. That might also explain why they aren't using an ROV to take photos (I presume).

It would be interesting if it turned out to be microbialites. That is a type of rock formation which actually involves bacteria in its deposition. The "rock deposit" actually "grows" somewhat like a coral reef might.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I was unaware you're on the dive team that investigated this. Are you in the video above? Which one is you? Are you mentioned in any of the articles? I only ask because you speak as though you were on board and know something as a fact. Do you?

Oh dear .. personal attacks now .. how sad

I speak as someone who's followed this BS story from the start and has realized that that's all it is ..a BS story .

Questions are not attacks.
It is a BS story that captivated the world
but listen I am going to remove the entire thread so it doesn't offend you...oh that's right I can't.
Just know that to please you - I want to. Is that sad too?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
Maybe its some huge kind of (calcified) sponge. But what about the sandstone rock they are talking about?
I dont get it: is it organic or is it rock?

Can it be a meteorite?

It might be a "rock formation" formed by deposition by bacteria. The formation "grows" like a reef, but the bacteria dies and just leaves behind the solid minerals deposits.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts...well I mean gortex's thoughts rehashed.
Much appreciated and exactly why I posted the information.
To be ridiculed for bothering to. lol

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by ahamarlin
Maybe its some huge kind of (calcified) sponge. But what about the sandstone rock they are talking about?
I dont get it: is it organic or is it rock?

Can it be a meteorite?

It might be a "rock formation" formed by deposition by bacteria. The formation "grows" like a reef, but the bacteria dies and just leaves behind the solid minerals deposits.

This sounds more than likely to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
It would be quite normal that the photos are poor quality if they are on a seabed covered by fine silt.

Oh, come on. A bunch of new dives and all we get is three new photos of very poor quality? If they took some more one could at least make a collage.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Please do remove or redirect if there is already a thread. Like I said I did use the best search engine on the internet and came up with nada.
Redirect to this thread that i started the other day. Cant blame you though, the ATS search engine never does me any favours

But at the end of the day its up to the mods what happens

edit on 16-6-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

freakin aliens keeping all the good stuff to themselves.
they need to pass along the magic mushrooms.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have a suggestion for all the people desperately waiting for UFOs and Aliens. I know something you can do in order to practice communicating to non human entities.

Go hang out with some animals. Doggies are just so damn adorable and socialable.

What if... aliens came down and they were just a really advanced race of cute canines? And we made peace by giving them belly rubs and bacon.... Awww sooo cute!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Where have the divers ever said that it is a giant mushroom?

The articles and the main source (ie ocean explorer webpage) say that it appeared more like a mushroom. That the stone was mushroom shaped.

The article in the OP seems to be jumping to conclusions over words of analogy and is just plain wrong - until we actually get information that it may well be a giant mushroom.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Of course not what a stupid and ridiculous idea dogs can't say a damned thing.......besides my cats would be intolerable with their pouting.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Sandstone you can, limestone you can. (However lime stone cant persist under water, but sandstone can.) Clay deposites may also have the illusion of fleshyness of organic life. Like I said, more testing, video and analyse is needed before I side on anything other than rock formation.

The fact its still under a UFO title is why I claim not to know.

Well if it is a living organism...depending on the piece they "hacked" off of it, they may want to go back there and get some free dinner...because hacking a piece of a possible newly discovered organism, might just kill it. If the other one is 200 meters away, may as well kill that one too. Kill the male and female, you kill them all.
edit on 16-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Even thou I am still on the fence if this is something other than a rock formation I have to take a bite at this .

Have You ever dived lower than a few meters ? If yes , have You ever dived in the baltic sea ? If no, let me explain . The Baltic sea has horrible visibility underwater (yes I dive in the Baltic ) , and I really mean horrible, as in 10 meter of visibility is actually pretty great . Those pictures are actually pretty decent for the conditions that are down there, so do not expect HD graphics or pictures like from the Mediterranean or red sea, its a completely different level.
edit on 16/6/12 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
could be a fake video made for us like the moon landing ,what proof have we got that it is the same place as the where the ufo is ......just a thought

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Where have the divers ever said that it is a giant mushroom?

The articles and the main source (ie ocean explorer webpage) say that it appeared more like a mushroom. That the stone was mushroom shaped.

Finally someone with a brain in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join