It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License to have children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by deepankarm

There are some women without the mental power to balance a checkbook, and yet they are trusted to raise kids properly? It's absurd.

And what's 'cheque balancing' got to do with parenting???

If you can't see the connection between lack of mental power and raising kids, please go get fixed. That's even dumber.
Are you telling me when there when there were no cheques to balance, good parents were absent in this world??
Furthermore, by your theory, the more educated and intelligent people make better parents.
That's not right at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Like any socio-anthropological hierarchy, breeding is the most coveted prize of the dominant male. In tyrannical tribes, states, nations and unions, the despot decides ultimately what is allowed in the bedroom and the ovaries.

The question is simple, who is the dominant male and do we want to adhere to that paradigm while calling ourselves evolved.

I believe in humanity helping one another, and if that means seeking out capabilities that empower all children of this Earth instead of repressing or aborting them, then that must be an important direction to travel as a species.

Are you willing to sit at the bottom of the pecking order and let unelected bureaucrats decide if you shall be fertile or desolate?

In America, it doesn't matter if you do or not, because I have the right to choose and I can protect it with another right.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Furthermore, by your theory, the more educated and intelligent people make better parents.
That's not right at all.

Whhhhhhhaaaat?

That right there is the scariest thing I've ever heard.

Edit: To add my personal opinion, at my core, I think that so long as a kid is in a loving family, has parents who are employed, has a warm bed, and has something to eat, then they are OK. But, In this day and age, love doesn't pay the bills. I think that kids should grow up in a two parent household (same sex or different sex, I don't see why it should matter), the parents should have been in a relationship for at least five years, be older than 25, and be making at least 80-100K a year total. There's no way to enforce that, but when people are living in a constant state of fear and chaos because they can't pay this or that bill, or need to bail this or that "uncle daddy" out of jail again, it's not a good environment for a kid.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

"castration at birth" and "license to have children" sounds completely absurd and is a clear breach of freedoms.

Having said that, something needs to be done about our ever growing population. Placing a limit on how many children a couple can have seems much more rational to me. And I know it's still a breach of freedoms to place limits on that, but I honestly can't see any other more reasonable option. Two children for each couple would keep the population at a stable level, and I can't see any reason why anyone should want more than two children.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Has anyone actually ever looked at studies about overpopulation?

It seems the current thinking is that the human population will plateau at 9 billion.
And the world can support that infact food supply is getting higher its just not going where it is needed.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
And who would run such a thing? The hospitals? the government? Are any of them trustworthy to run people's lives anymore than people are? I think not.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

There are some women without the mental power to balance a checkbook, and yet they are trusted to raise kids properly? It's absurd.

And what's 'cheque balancing' got to do with parenting???

If you can't see the connection between lack of mental power and raising kids, please go get fixed.
That's even dumber.
Are you telling me when there when there were no cheques to balance, good parents were absent in this world??
That's not right at all.

Aw right, why are the slow people following me? Here, deep, I have a special I.Q. test designed just for you. Please tell us
which
ones
are
i's or q's

qqqiiiiiiiiqiqiqiiiqqqq

Okay, answer this 2 part question only if you passed the I.Q. test.
Part 1
A child has a better chance of becoming a doctor if the parents are:
1. Doctors
2. Uneducated, beer guzzling slum dwellers working as manual laborers
Part 2
A child has a better chance of becoming an uneducated, beer guzzling slum dweller working as a manual laborer if his parents are:
1. Doctors
2. Uneducated, beer guzzling slum dwellers working as manual laborers

edit on 6/17/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

They tried that in the 1930's. It failed.

No government entity has a right to tell anyone who can and cannot procreate.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

They tried that in the 1930's. It failed.

hurr durr Hitler

They tried it all over the world and even today, they have it in China.

No government entity has a right to tell anyone who can and cannot procreate.

I disagree, and I have yet to see any good argument to justify the amount of condescending attitude some people express towards this idea in this thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Right now people who can't afford kids are having them and it's encouraged for the most part. The responsible people lose as they decide not to start a family because it's not feasible.
Then, indoctrinated people move in and offer another "solution" to the problem (more bureaucracy)
You do realize the nazis were on the same page? I know you're probably young but this idea is ludicrous in any fashion.
This is what the nazis were working towards, is it not?

Q: Has the UN cried out for a 1 child policy yet? I can't believe the things I read on this site.
Surely some of this idiotic rhetoric is trolling.. I hope
edit on 17-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree that having children should not be categorized as a "right." How about we just stop rewarding people for having them? No more tax deductions- instead you pay more. The tax deductions should go to the people who don't breed. They cost us less. In the U.S. the main reason property taxes are so high is the cost for schools. If you don't have children you shouldn't have to pay the taxes that sponsor that. Let the people who have kids absorb the cost, stop rewarding welfare families for breeding thoughtlessly and we will see a big shift in how this choice is made.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This idea would have one big benefit... It would put an end to half the programs on MTV!
edit on 17/6/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Who are any of you to decide what kinds of rights people should and shouldn't have?

Every society determines what rights their people have- people need to stop pretending that that isn't part of humanity, it's misleading and false.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
ABSOLUTELY!!! I have been saying this for years. There is going to be only two options a) We mandate a child license. Or b) we no longer offer aid to people in poverty.

Which do you think is more likely to occur? Which would be the most beneficial?

The answer is both. If we start requiring people to get a license it will help our economy and population. Does it make sense that felons and drug addicts are allowed to birth children when those people can not get a license to drive, vote, purchase a house, etc. ? If a license was implemented those weak beings will not be allowed to dilute the future of our gene pool. If we no longer offered aid to impoverished people then their children will likely die of malnutrition or disease etc. I don't like to think about it that way but that's the entire idea behind natural selection.

Humans have been making progress with fine tuning their genetic makeup by allowing intelligence to be the defining factor in survival and flourishing of our offspring... until recently. Somewhere along the line we started to feel sorry for the genetic failures and let them tag along. What is the effect of this? Well just watch the movie Idiocracy.

Hopefully one day people wont care what happens to the runts of our litters and we will continue our endeavor to become a more intelligent species.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The noun 'licence' is spelled with a 'c' - unless you are American OP.
It's bad enough that the UK has been taken over by 'cup cakes'. Sheesh...

edit on 17-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
All of this "proving to be fit to be a parent" garbage are things that eugenicists previously implemented. It led to forced sterilizations in the US and the Nazi regime.

Since poverty was associated with prostitution and “mental idiocy,” women of the lower classes were the first to be deemed “unfit” and “promiscuous.”[25] These women, who were predominately immigrants or women of color, were discouraged from bearing children, and were encouraged to use birth control.

For example, in 1972, United States Senate committee testimony brought to light that at least 2,000 involuntary sterilizations had been performed on poor black women without their consent or knowledge. An investigation revealed that the surgeries were all performed in the South, and were all performed on black welfare mothers with multiple children. Testimony revealed that many of these women were threatened with an end to their welfare benefits until they consented to sterilization.[55]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

My sentiments exactly.

It's always the intellectually backward and morally bankrupt people who advocate for measures that would fit right into the nazi eugenics agenda.

License to have children...what the hell is wrong with some people.

Next thread is about a license to drink, then eat, then breathe.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Think like this? Like what?

When a person makes a family (mother or father, it doesnt matter) they ultimately come to a point where they say, "how many children shall we have?" And the answer is generally based upon reasoning between their income and time management, etc.

We as a country are now for the first time in history coming to this point. Shall we just let whatever happens happen just because you "feel" it is wrong to do something about it? What is a right? What it a liberty? What is a right that gives one person freedom to commit an act that, when applied to every single person in a population, will ultimately become the most fatal act in the history of human kind?

Let me tell you what is going to happen if we do not begin to attempt to change what is occurring. You and everyone you know who works and attempts to create a successful happy family will become overburdened. At one point there will be more people not working, uneducated, unruly, and without the same moral codes which you hold than people like you.

Those people will realize that the economy has collapsed. That there will be no more money coming to them via the government from your hard earned wages. So they will bypass the government and take it directly from you. What I am telling you is going to happen. Its only a matter of time and when it comes, maybe you will remember this. But even if you do you will not understand. You will believe there has got to be some good outcome. Something will change on its own. Something will work itself out.

Well guess what? Nothing changes if everyone changes nothing. It only takes one person. That person will not be you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So the answer to humanity's problems is to.... castrate all children.. Sounds like a brilliant idea.

No seriously, this is one of the most heinous and ridiculous things I've read on ATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Sounds kinda "Big Government-ey" to me.

For a change, I agree with you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join