It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License to have children

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
really you want government agents to come inspect your house to let you know if you can get license to procreate too hell with that i say. because you know what would happen only rich would be allowed to have children . if this ever became law i would be first in line for new revolutionary war rifle in hand. china has tried that one child only bull crap how well is it working

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
you really want to put the power of reproduction in the hands of government beaurocrats ?

there would still be bad parents, and rotten seeds

this may be the worst idea I've read here, and that's saying something !!!
edit on 17-6-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by kaylaluv

Not much prone to hyperbole, are you?

So you think that because I believe in the power of Nature that I cannot hang laundry. Hmm. I wonder how our forebears ever got a thing done. But at least they had control over their natural functions.

You go right along with your wildly exaggerated and strangely imbalanced viewpoints and I'll go my "the way Nature intends it to be" way of mine. Let our worlds never again meet. With any luck, yours will be off-planet.

Well, it depends on which forebears you are talking about. The ones who learned how to manipulate nature to manufacture cloth? Or the ones who just wrapped the skin of a dead animal around their loins?

No, I'm serious now. The more I think about it , the more I realize that nature intends for most offspring to die before reaching maturity. Look at the wild salmon swimming upstream. Look at those baby turtles that have to cross the beach to get to the ocean. We have screwed up nature by our advancements in technology, health and agriculture. We are allowing most children to live to adulthood.

A large percentage of children born should die before reaching the age of two. That's the way it is in nature. That way, people are free to have as many children as they want, because the majority of them will die anyway. It was the way of life for our forebears - it should be good enough for us.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Are you out of your mind? Do you seriously want to have to pay for the privilege to stand before some appointed committee with your partner and both your medical histories, financial histories, political and educational histories...be subjected to home visits from a social worker for some ludicrous amount of time and be forced to use birth control until approved? Have you been that brainwashed to hate and blame the poor that you would welcome this kind of governmental theft of liberty?

THIS is what psychopathic journalism creates.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I'm not sure a procreation license could ever be enforced or a benefit of any kind. What about the consequences of sterilization? What about the mindset of people that are not afraid of pregnancy? I'm sure that it will result in people having multiple sex partners because there is little risk of pregnancy. How much disease will that unleash?
The only people this will benefit will be the people who's pockets are getting lined.

Social Security would have been a good idea, but it is being abused. You must think of the consequences before enforcing Licensed sterilization, how could that be abused?

In the end, with politicians it's all about the money. Laws are for lawful citizens, criminals don't consider themselves under any laws.

If it's illegal for somebody to drive without a license, why does it still happen?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I saw the OP title and I said to myself "this guy is crazy" after reading the OP post I realize society and our economy is down because of this.

I moved from Puerto Rico to Florida 5 years ago, my wife had a job offer but for the first 3 months here we had no job or income we lived with a relative, we applied for "Govt Help" and I was surprised that we qualified for:

1) $400 in food stamp a month (debit card)
2) Full Healthcare for Me, Wife and my 2 month old baby girl, (no deductible)
3) Free Good Start milk for my daughter and other baby related stuff

4 months later we both got jobs and stopped receiving help.

I now own a home, have a 8 month old daughter and a 5 year old daughter, I got laid off 10 months ago but my wife has a good job, so I babysit during the day and work from home.

We do ok now, but when I got laid off I lost my healthcare and we got into a bad financial situation, because we were paying CASH for our medical bills with my wife been pregnant we got HUGE bills after birth. We end up filing for Chapter 13 Bankrupcy a few months back. Oh yeah, the goverment could not help us because of my wife income, we didnt qualify for any healthcare help.

Babies are EXPENSIVE, me and my wife cant afford a third one even tough we now make good income. I for the first time Im planing to do a vasectomy to be on the safe side.

NOW in the other hand lets talk about the parasites of wellfare, why the goverment still allows families in wellfare to still have more childrens? a few weeks back I was at walmart doing a small grocery shopping and I see this family in front of me with 2 carts and full of good stuff from steaks, ribs, good brand items etc. They had 5 children and a new born, their total was around $670 and what did she use to pay?......... The nice food stamp debit card. In other words "we people that work and pay taxes" were paying for her food.

Im from Puerto Rico and even there the goverment helps you the same way or even better in some cases. In PR they give a place to live pay you food stamps, water/electricity bill (yes you can have A/C) they pay your internet and cellphone too......... to qualify you cant be working ...........soooooooooo WTF is that all about?

They should castrate those wellfare parasites or cut their food stamp help if you are not working and still keep poping out kids.

YES THEY SHOULD give you a license to have kids, just like when you go to adopt a kid, you need to prove you have a stable home, income etc.

We need a reset on our government hopefully Dec 21, 2012 give us that.

edit on 17-6-2012 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

But it also allows us to choose not to have children with every menstrual cycle when we exercise our right of free will. Naturally there will always be children who never see their first breath. So be it. I would only have had one child myself were it not for the Rhogam. But perhaps we would be different altogether if we had followed Nature's path. We might be a lot stronger, a lot smarter, and a lot kinder. We're pretty horrible to our own kind and to everyone and everything else on the planet. If we had had to consider our existence more, we might have done a better job of moving forward. I'm not at all impressed with us at this juncture in history. We can't get much worse from here.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
OH, the inhumanity in this is just astounding. As all the posters here know what government puts into law is always bastardized and misapplied. This eugenics program is just BS. It would never be allowed in todays USA but in the early to mid 1900s this was used as a social engineering tool...

should a all C students be denied parenthood?

I am just shocked and appaled at some of the people who support this. I understand their economic viewpoint but licenseing babies...

Is the Christian answer to limiting abortions?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Overpopulation is a BIG problem, I agree. But a temporary castration is not the answer. I find it disrespectful that it is even brought up as a rational solution! What your perspective of a fun and loving home atmosphere might be different from someone else's. To give someone the right to decide wether or not your are qualified to raise a human being is absurd. I do believe we as a species need to find a solution to the problem of overpopulation. But this is definitely not the answer.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Ive always been in support of this and I personally think it will be the 1st step to getting humanity on track again.

Yea you can give me all the spiel about 'human rights' and that its our 'right' to breed etc. But TBH we havent EARNED the right to have these rights anymore, to many people having kids to get houses, to many people having accidental kids. Producing a drain on our resources, introducing criminals into society.

Dont get me wrong im not blaming the kids for this, they turn out this way because of bad parenting and the environment they grow up in. I mean even to adopt a stray dog in the UK you have to pass an inspection. But your aloud to bang out little human beings willy nilly?

What I think should happen is (for example) temporary castration at birth. Then if you want kids later in life you apply for a license to have your castration reversed. To have a baby (weather rich, poor, black, white or whatever) you must prove your home is a stable loving environment that has the means to support, love and raise a child.

I know pretty much everyone will get on their do gooder high horse and disagree with me and thats fair enough. But IMO this needs to happen and soon. Until we as a race can prove we can be trusted with bringing up a new life and shaping the future of the planet, without being checked up on, then we should need to be granted a license to have a child.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Good idea and I agree with it. But I do not believe that just because a family had their house perfect and such should allow them. They should also have behavioral analysis, psychological tests, etc done to see if they have the personality for it. I think giving a couple who believes the answer to any problem is assault is wise to raise a child, also people who are immensely prejudice should not be allowed.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Saw the title and YES
this should be manditory,. also how about after age 14 the females are put on a bitrh control and must be required to pass an IQ exam before being allowed to come off of it for child birth, and if they cant pass it they become steril. Far to many Dumb people having babies the same would apply to males
edit on 17-6-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I couldn't disagree more.
Who do you think you are?
A very rude person I say.

Most pregnancies are " accidental". Realistically if we're being honest, the majority of parents aren't really plotting out their future. That tends to not go as planned where conception is involved.

My three children were not "planned".
How dare you say they aren't good enough to be in society and should never have been born.
How dare you say I don't deserve them or I did it wrong. FU
Come a little closer so I can slap you in the face.

I dare say it is your parents who raised a brat! Is that the values they taught? Is that nice to hear? I certainly don't feel nice saying that. You reduce me to your level.
Where you planned? Ask your mother to tell you the truth about that while you're poking your nose into others affairs.
I take it you don't have kids yourself but like to preach about bad parenting.
Temporary castration? UNF
edit on 17-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
A friend of mine, single with no kids, was always complaining how unfair it was that he was having to pay taxes for the education of other people's children. I finally got tired of hearing his wining and asked him, who paid for your education. He stopped complaining.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Hmmm,
one could speculate a great deal from this comment

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There are countries where they limit the number of children you may have. There are countries where you may kill your baby if you don't like it's gender.

Please move to one of them.

Thanks in Advance.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Theoretically, a beneficial idea for society at large, while stripping away obe of the most basic of all human desires - heck not just human, but really a basic urge and purpose of every living thing in existence.

If it was going to happen, going with castration as the method and drastically altering horomone levels probably wouldn't be the best way to go about it...

One of the biggest problems is - who defines where the line is? If "God" were the decision-maker, it would be fine, but my guess is it would be politicians who would set the policies as to who gets a license to breed. You might as well have an expert In gardening rebuild your car's engine with that kind of misassignment of responsibilities.

Now, I could see requiring birth control for those who want to receive government assistance beyond a reasonable lifetime limit (allowing ea h person say 6 months of food stamps, unemployment, etc.) that makes it that person's choice - you don't have to take the taxpayer money, but if you do, you can't breed.

If there were some benevolent force who was going to make right andnwise decisions as to who gets a license, I would like to see certain pairings banned. If you can't conceive without drastic intervention, you probably shouldn't breed, for example. While I believe we should always help the living survive and thrive, I don't think we should purposely pass on traits which continue to add more and more "sterile" genes to the gene pool. That's every bit as important as keeping the alcoholic crack smoker from conceiving.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BuffDaddy

Funny, that. "No man is an island." People might like to think they did everything in their lives themselves but that is some serious arrogance. It's precisely those people who need the visitation of the Ghost of Xmas Past to show them just what it took for them to have that delusion. NO man is an island.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by violet

Hmmm,
one could speculate a great deal from this comment

Speculate all you want.
Let me know what you came up with
edit on 17-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
There are countries where they limit the number of children you may have. There are countries where you may kill your baby if you don't like it's gender.

Please move to one of them.

Thanks in Advance.

well said.

ats is full of so many ignorant threads anymore, its a shame.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join