It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License to have children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ive always been in support of this and I personally think it will be the 1st step to getting humanity on track again.

Yea you can give me all the spiel about 'human rights' and that its our 'right' to breed etc. But TBH we havent EARNED the right to have these rights anymore, to many people having kids to get houses, to many people having accidental kids. Producing a drain on our resources, introducing criminals into society.

Dont get me wrong im not blaming the kids for this, they turn out this way because of bad parenting and the environment they grow up in. I mean even to adopt a stray dog in the UK you have to pass an inspection. But your aloud to bang out little human beings willy nilly?

What I think should happen is (for example) temporary castration at birth. Then if you want kids later in life you apply for a license to have your castration reversed. To have a baby (weather rich, poor, black, white or whatever) you must prove your home is a stable loving environment that has the means to support, love and raise a child.

I know pretty much everyone will get on their do gooder high horse and disagree with me and thats fair enough. But IMO this needs to happen and soon. Until we as a race can prove we can be trusted with bringing up a new life and shaping the future of the planet, without being checked up on, then we should need to be granted a license to have a child.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I agree.

It should not be a 'right' to have children.

And the worst kinds of people seem to breed the most. You get devolution.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sounds kinda "Big Government-ey" to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Excellant post mate, I have always thought this would be a massive problem solver for our country. Some may argue that it is a human right, but surely it is not a right if they cannot support their offspring. I mean look at the situation here in the UK, mothers quite literally 'punting' kids out without a care in the world that they don't have a place to live or no money to support them.

The situation here literally slaps honest hard working people in the face. Me and my girlfriend spoke how we do not want kids, therefore why should I fund someone elses? I am all for this system, and have always said you should have to meet a minimum income requirement to prove your eligibility. Its against human rights to not implement this

If you have a child YOU and only YOU should be responsible for funding it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If someone is collecting welfare it may be a good idea to require the birth-control shot?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoyTheEarthTalksTo
If someone is collecting welfare it may be a good idea to require the birth-control shot?

Good idea, it would be a good start if people who already cannot afford kids, are stopped from having more.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I agree with that as well. There's so many god awful "parents" out there; it's ridiculous. It'd be more of a violation of human rights to raise children in a non-suitable environment.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Here is something we often overlook!

Paul say's it perfectly, "are you Serious! Whaaaaat!!" I tend to agree on this subject!

this is current News and was posted June 15.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I totally agree.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Period.

Or, at least go through some type thingy to prove that they can be parents.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Here we go again, attacking the poor!

We dont need castration, we just need better education.
TPTB have deliberately dumbed people down so that we end up with the problems we see today, then everyone begs them to CASTRATE THEM.

Wake up, what we see today is EXACTLY what they want us to see.

All you that want castration lets start with your children fisrt shall we?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I dont have children, and never want children so why do I have to pay for other peoples? The poor should be attacked because if they cannot afford kids then why do they have them? They are the problem. Its a no brainer really...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
What I think should happen is (for example) temporary castration at birth. Then if you want kids later in life you apply for a license to have your castration reversed.

They will never do this for one simple reason. Children are a very important tool for TPTB to control people.

It's sort of like an economic version of holding a gun at someone to threaten them, but they don't care if you shoot them. You can then aim it at their kids instead.

A single person can always bug out and be free, but if you want to see your kids eat three meals a day, you better be good and do as you're told...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I was just going to say that I wasnt meaning to concentrate on finacial side so much. Poor people can provide just as much love and guidance as a wealthy family. It needs to be more concentrated on the lifestyle side of things. Drug abusing adults who maybe are suspected of or been convicted of criminal behaviour etc should not be allowed to have kids. Only those who can provide a stable family life for the child.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sure, let's "license" children, cause the government is always the BEST at making decisisions about your lives.

I'm just foaming at the mouth to let bureacrats decide who and who can't raise kids.

ARE YOU CRAZY?!

I mean, I know plenty of people that I think should not have had children, but to make so that people must be licensed? That's insanity.

Who gets to decide what a fit parent is huh? Who develops the tests? Who gets to approve folk? What happens to people who have kids, who aren't licensed?

Yeah, 1984 welcome to it.

This is the MOST ludicrous and ridiculous idea ever proposed by humanity. Procreation is a right, an inherent right, and regardless of my feelings on who should be allowed to do so, everybody has the right to procreate.

~Tenth
edit on 6/16/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well actually, your argument here is the fundamental problem with our world. Its fascist. You don't give me my rights, which are infinite inealieable rights, nor does any politician.

Not only do I not have to agree with you, but if anyone with a fascist opinion gets a political ear, and tries to make another stand under them, and tries to force an unlawful legislation (note, it cannot ever be considered legal, as a lot of the legislations already passed are illegal for they violate the infinite rights guaranteed to exist to all people and their free will and thus common law. It is SLAVERY and highly illegal, to think you can use arms and weapons to bully others and make them stand under you), then it is the duty of all who know the law and have a conscience, to oppose you and them if necessary.

I would never stand under anyone. And I'm someone who is known to speak up to police officers and would perform a citizens arrest and get a lot of publicity and willingly work to overturn and expose all of them, should anyone with guns show up to bully me.

So you are one of those armchair dictators who thinks others stand under you. They don't.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
Some may argue that it is a human right, but surely it is not a right if they cannot support their offspring.

Why are we the only creatures alive on this planet that needs to "afford" our offspring anyway?

The reason is that we have a small group of rich men that dictate what our kids "need" and then set a price on it, forcing parents to play "fetch".

But because we are a domesticated species who are unable to look after ourselves in our natural environment, we see it as normal.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Some may argue that it is a human right, but surely it is not a right if they cannot support their offspring.

Why are we the only creatures alive on this planet that needs to "afford" our offspring anyway?

The reason is that we have a small group of rich men that dictate what our kids "need" and then set a price on it, forcing parents to play "fetch".

But because we are a domesticated species who are unable to look after ourselves in our natural environment, we see it as normal.

Yeah I agree with that, but that is a problem on a much much grander scale. Yes unfortunately it is the elite who set the prices, but why do those without kids have to pay for them?

I personally loathe children. I do not find them cute or 'funny' when they harass you at restaurants, or let off deafening screeches every few minutes, and why do people with kids think they have priority over others?

What I am saying is on a smaller more localised scale why should I pay for something that I despise so much?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
TBH that the first thing i would do if i was in charge, have the people psycho analysed check they are healthy understand hygiene and healthy food and also have a steady job and are in a healthy relationship.

I think it the reason we have some many little chavs and rats around

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You all realize that being in favor of such a idea is pretty much to be in favor of the collapse of the human race?

I believe Hitler had an idea similar to this, something about feeling that only certain people should be able to breed, yeah that's not the kinda world I think we live in anymore, and thank you for it. So please don't try to bring it back, not only would this turn into someone's Eugenics thing, racist agenda, utopian dream where everyone is raised the same taught the same and fed the same under one man's idea of how it all should be. that's scary, really scary.

Humanity is meant to procreate, child abuse and idiotic parents / parenting has been around since cavemen times I am sure, people mess up, people aren't always taught / shown / learn the correct things, but most of them learn from such. There is no handbook for parenting, there is no signin sheet to give birth, and we will all manage somehow regardless.

Giving tests to determine parental eligibility is one step away from taking tests every 10 years to stay alive ( as to make sure you are bettering this planet and it's people and not committing the illegal act of non-productivity. )

edit on 16-6-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I dont have children, and never want children so why do I have to pay for other peoples? The poor should be attacked because if they cannot afford kids then why do they have them? They are the problem. Its a no brainer really...

Something you dont seem to realise. Think about this.
Who is going to do all those LOW PAID JOBS!!! If the poor cant have children then YOU'LL be doin those low paid jobs and then I'll say CASTRATE HIM!!

SEEMS TO ME THOSE THAT ADVOCATE THIS REDICULOUS IDEA ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD HAVE THEIR NUTS REMOVED.
edit on 16-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join