It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas teacher reportedly lines kindergartners up to hit bully

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

A Texas teacher will lose her job after ordering more than 20 kindergartners to line up and hit a classmate accused of being a bully, a district spokesman said Friday. The teacher at a suburban San Antonio school is accused of orchestrating the slugfest after a younger teaching colleague went to her last month seeking suggestions on how to discipline the 6-year-old, according to a police report from the Judson Independent School District. Both teachers at Salinas Elementary were placed on paid administrative leave, though the one who allegedly arranged the punishment will not work for the district next school year, said district spokesman Steve Linscomb. Prosecutors are reviewing the allegations and will determine whether formal charges will be filed in 30 to 60 days. The police report alleges the teacher chose to show the child "why bullying is bad" by instructing his peers to "Hit him!" and "Hit him harder!" It also states that the second teacher intervened only after one of the children hit the boy hard on his upper back. "Twenty-four of those kids hit him and he said that most of them hit him twice," Amy Neely, the mother of 6-year-old Aiden, told KENS-TV. She did not specify what injuries her son may have received. Neely said her son is not a problem child and that this was the first she'd heard of teachers having issues with him. She said she wants to make sure the teacher who ordered the hitting does not work in a classroom again. "She doesn't need to be around any children," Neely told the television station. The mother added -- and the police report confirmed -- that some of Aiden's classroom friends told him they didn't want to hit the boy but did so because they were afraid not to. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This is getting stupid I mean how can someone who is suppose to be an educated individual think that # like this will fly? I think there is something going on with these cases and that these are false flag events pushing toward furthering an agenda. I mean these people can not be THIS stupid. What do ya'll think tptb are up to with all these crazy school teachers doing this crap?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would think that having the entire class ignore this problem child and not play with him during recess would send the message just as strongly.

Having said that, a 6 year old that is that much of a problem at that age, is most likely due to bad and neglectful parenting. Of course the mother says that her little darling is "not a problem child". Bull-pucky. He's probably a nasty little beastie who gets away with all sorts of crap.

If you offered me a hundred thousand dollars a year, I wouldn't teach in today's schools. Can't use corporal punishment, can't do or say anything for fear of upsetting little Jane or Johnny, but you have to put up with the products of poor parenting, neglect, abuse, and undeserved attitudes of entitlement and brattyness.

I don't necessarily agree with what the teacher did, but I can understand that it came from frustration over having a disruptive problem child in her class. She couldn't smack the little bastard so she had the kids do it. Creative, but totally misguided.

And please, before y'all come unglued about my harsh language, understand that I have worked with children with autism and disabilities, as well as some that had behavioral problems, and it is foolish to have the delusion that all kids are sweet angels. They aren't. Yes they deserve to have their problems addressed, but some kids are just horrible. That's life. You can always see why too, by meeting the parents.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Not for nothing, but if the child was an actual full on bully and treated his peers this way, I wouldnt have minded what the teacher did. Parents these days do not discipline their kids, instead they want to be your friend.

This is why we have so many a** stains running around causing trouble in society. Parents don't want to teach their children accountability.

Now if the child was innocent from being a bully and had no good reason to be treated in such a way....then yes, the reaction was wrong.

Yet I cannot stand bullies, and with most of them, violence is the only language they understand.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I would have to agree with your assessment, if a 6 year old is acting out in such a fashion, there is indeed a problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I applaud the teacher. Bullies should never be tolerated period.

You really can't reason with a bully.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Silly government and do-gooders taking away the cane and banning smacking your child
Is what has messed this world up.I remember when the teacher was in control
You would not try what they try today as you would get the cane then when you
got home the old man would give you an hiding...you soon learnt to behave.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
If you offered me a hundred thousand dollars a year, I wouldn't teach in today's schools. Can't use corporal punishment, can't do or say anything for fear of upsetting little Jane or Johnny, but you have to put up with the products of poor parenting, neglect, abuse, and undeserved attitudes of entitlement and brattyness.

And of course anyone can make "allegations" about you at any time, and your career is over.
Done.
Finished.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Years ago I had a friend with kids that lived near this boy who liked to bully the whole neighborhood. He was much larger than all the other kids and close to my size as a grown man.
One day he noticed that I liked to box and had a background in Martial Arts. He thought it was a good idea to challenge me to a boxing match in front of a bunch of onlookers. I smiled and with my usual quiet demeanor accepted.
I didn't hurt him at all but I make a mockery of him and really embarrassed him in front of everyone. It wasn't long after that he started to change. He stopped picking on others and became the guy everyone wanted to be around.

Humility is what some people need.
edit on 16-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Yes i do like to give out humility lessons to bullies too..
I grew up in one of the toughest places in britain and dealt with many a bully
Like i say the problem is now they have taken away the parents right to punish
the children, and the children no their rights and boundaries and milk it.
Also most parents just seem to let their kids run riot and set bad examples
Anyway.Get them in brat camps painting the coals white like when they
used to in the army etc get them and the parents in line!.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Can a six year old be a bully?

At six a child is still learning how to get along with others. What they did was wrong, he should have been isolated and educated.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree that something's not going right on the home-front.

Bullies are not born, they are made..

Usually by parents who spoil their kids with anything they ask for, while not giving a hell about their emotional well-being or showing them any sense of real love.

"Here, just take whatever you want and leave me alone!"

Bullies learn this behavior from others, they aren't born that way.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Isabelx

I agree with most you say however you can have genetic traits of ancestors
that need conditioning, and It is up to the parents to break the cycle and set examples per se.
Instead of messing about on silly facebook. and mobile phones.Also start paying attention
stop buying them mcdonalds because they cant be bothered to cook as it takes up to much
valuble face book time and cook a decent meal don't give in to them
Be firm and show rewards for good behaviour when needed etc.
edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When the mom is saying its the first time she is hearing of his behaviour, its obvious the kid has no interaction with his mother. A broken home, she is either working all the time or has a problem of sorts. I know these types of kids, I was one of them for a short while till counselling helped. They dont ever move on, they are the steroid abusing d-bags riding big trucks and swearing MMA as a legitamite sport.

It was wrong how the teacher handled it, plain wrong. Counselling would have worked better as it would also get out the problems the kid most likely has at home. Home is where most problems stem when you're a child.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow a lot of assumptions being thrown out their. I do agree with what most of you are saying but I was wondering how a teacher could be this stupid in real life knowing how things are these days. I do believe some kids are born unstable and act out because of imbalances in their head but most are doing it because of the parent. I dont really think anyone could actually see this is a viable way to discipline children in public schools without an uproar from parents and loss of their career. What were they thinking? I dont think that these people are actually stupid enough to see the consequence of their actions when it is blatantly obvious what will happen if they do anything considered abusive to children. I think these situations may be concocted on purpose for some agenda or the other

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wish the students of today were sent back in time to when I went to school, even for a day, in the 60's and 70's. Students would never think about back-talking or bad mouthing a teacher. If two students, male, had a problem we were sent to the gym and we put boxing gloves on and had it out and the problem was finished at that time.

If a student acted stupid the teachers did not have in-school suspension or call the police for help, oh no, they just went to the closet and got a bigger board to whack your butt with. Some of those "paddles" were the two-handed variety and had holes drilled into them for that extra sting.

God I miss school.

edit on 6/16/2012 by mikelkhall because: to add something .

Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you got in trouble at school you could damn well bet you were going to be in a heap of trouble when you got home too
edit on 6/16/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
I wish the students of today were sent back in time to when I went to school, even for a day, in the 60's and 70's.

Its weird really. The conditions people lived in while civilisations were being built and countries were being made great are being taken away because it might harm people.
Now, under these new "safer" conditions, countries are falling apart.

new topics

top topics

join