It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foundation found in Wales, Pre Dating the Pyramids?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Or the entire premise is wrong, however that is another subject and off topic here
edit on 16/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Or the entire premise is wrong, however that is another subject and off topic here
edit on 16/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

I still starred and flagged you but did like to point out the difficulty and controversy even among respected circles of the difficulty involved in dating things. Not trying to rain on your parade.

edit on 16/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Fixed tags

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I still starred and flagged you but did like to point out the difficulty and controversy even among respected circles of the difficulty involved in dating things. Not trying to rain on your parade. :up

Yes it is difficult but no impossible. I would suggest we start up another thread and we can discuss it in detail there, thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
But still begs the question why the builders are building on a flood plain?

Surprisingly common. Developers can snap up the land cheap because the locals know it is not suitabe. Houses are built and sold at a premium to people who aren't local. Developer pays upfront premium to escape further liability and can leave the buyer to sort out the mess.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the notations, but the Find is Carbon Based Materials, (WOOD), so testing should be a lot easier than "Finding Your Glass Shards" some millennium in the future.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by thedoctorswife

think citty got banned,more on topic this is amazing and i hope that they do get relable readings as to when it was built too much of our history is unknown to us at this time its staggering

Doesnt suprise me city got banned, things went a bit far there, on topic, i agree, this is really exciting, and extra nice cos not many things happen in wales

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Shane

A very cool discovery but as reported on ATS previously, a starmap left in the pyramids dates them to 9200BC.

I separated your thoughts since they bring forth considerations which are vastly polar in respects to the topic.

Listen my friend. If it maybe news to you, of some of the things I consider in regards to the Pyramids, then let me just make a passing statement of fact.

Your thoughts are certainly understood.

If I was to date the Great Pyramid and Sphinx for example and make an estimate time of completion, I would, with an obscure means of calculations, based on the Procession of the Equinox, date the Great Pyramid and Sphinx to 12000 BC.

But we live in a real world, where the edicts of
Hawass, and those who follow this malcontent
lay forth a ruse of deception that dismisses facts like you note, as some mystic fictional lore of the drug crazed hippie culture.

Your thought is duly noted and clearly understood.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

peace

Love the picture.. I'm stealing it

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
lol where did you get your information. The wear patterns on the sphinx indicate that its presumed to be at least 10 thousand years old, possibly older.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
lol where did you get your information. The wear patterns on the sphinx indicate that its presumed to be at least 10 thousand years old, possibly older.

Nope, the guy who proposed that, Dr Shoch later recanted and came back with 6-5,000 BCE, Colin Readers thinks a few hundreds years older than the pyramids, Coxill says around 3100 BCE

The 10,000 from Shoch was done in over a decade ago

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Some additional related blurbs on the Monmouth Find.

Prehistoric Longhouse found in Monmouth

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

One of Monmouth’s most important archaeological discoveries has been made on the banks of a long-lost lake on the Parc Glyndwr development site off Rockfield Road, says Steve Clarke, the archaeologist with a watching brief on the site.

“The international aspect is rolling and it’s being said that there’s nothing as structurally huge in the rest of Europe,” he told the Beacon this week.

Monmouth archaeologists have discovered the remains of “huge prehistoric foundations” on the development site off Rockfield Road. The developers, Charles Church East Wales, have reorganised their work in the area to accommodate the excavation of the remains which came to light during the digging of an attenuation pond.
Monmouth Archaeology, a professional wing of Monmouth Archaeological Society, has been employed by Charles Church since work began in order to safeguard any archaeological discoveries.

Managing director Steve Williams, said that the discovery was very exciting and that his company was pleased to be able to support the archaeologists in their work to preserve by record such nationally important remains.
For the full story, see this week's Monmouthshire Beacon (13th June).

And......

BBC Related Story

I like this.

"We're not really sure what it is, it's a mystery, but it's the foundation for something.

"It's unique. We haven't seen anything like it. Various experts and professors are equally mystified."

Sounds like a line out of Laura Croft.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Fantastic find,and great links-one half of my family are from that area of Wales.
I will be following this discovery closely.
It may be an early/pre neolithic gem-and I hope the construction company realize its value to our heritage,and save it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
it seems like every week they find something pre-dating the pyramids

i have a concept of what 4,500 years are.....i doubt man-made objects in wales are that old...maybe a cave...thats about it me thinks

peace
edit on 17-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

peace

...WTF was the point on your post. Besides to waste peoples time glancing over it.

Minus 3 stars...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Good post, flagged. Will be interesting to find out more about the foundation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

A bit harsh that post of yours-is that picture not at least a possible outcome of our story?

Maybe it says something about the theory that we or other hominids have cyclically striven for war technology to save us,only to find it has done the opposite?
Something to consider on a thread such as this maybe?

Silo13 +100 stars IMO.

edit on 17/6/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So it is appearing, not everything is working out as expected, at this site. Some confrontation seems to be in the days ahead.

Doubts raised over Monmouth ‘Bronze-age’ house seem to be causing some issues between the one's Running the dig, and others.

Doubts raised over Monmouth ‘Bronze-age’ house

DOUBTS have been raised over an excavation in Monmouth that was said to have possibly unearthed a bronze-age longhouse.

Welsh heritage minister Huw Lewis said remains at the Rockfield Road site are now thought to be from a later period, and are unlikely to represent the foundations of a house.

But his comments in a letter to Monmouth AM Nick Ramsay have sparked anger from Steve Clarke of Monmouth Archaeology, which has spearheaded work at the site.

Earlier this year archaeologists working at a dig at the Parc Glyndwr housing development said they may have found the remains of a "longhouse" dating back to at least the Bronze Age and possibly as far back as the New Stone Age.

But Mr Lewis said: "The three, parallel clay-filled trenches are cut from a higher, and therefore more recent level, than the Bronze Age surface in which they were first recognised. This means that they are later than that period."

No finds are associated with the fill of the trenches, and the absence of any finds or food waste makes it unlikely they represent the foundations of a house, Mr Lewis wrote.

"The actual date and function of this site remains a mystery, which may not be solved within the confines of the current excavation," he said.

He added that Cadw, in the absence of any certainty about the date or function of features on the site, couldn't consider the site for scheduling as an ancient monument.

Mr Lewis said Cadw officials were in regular contact with archaeologist in charge, Steve Clarke from Monmouth Archaeology.

Mr Ramsay said he's asked the minister to intervene to protect the site until it is known what is there: "It will be tragic if something of possibly unique importance was lost before we really knew what it was."

Developers Charles Church East Wales had rearranged work to allow for a full archaeological exploration of the remains, which were found during the digging of an attenuation pond.

PANEL THE man who has spearheaded work at the dig Steve Clarke of Monmouth Archaeology, said the site is Bronze Age and a burnt mound from the era had been found.

He said foundation slots had also been discovered that may represent a "massive" structure which may be a longhouse.

Mr Clarke said: "I'm very concerned that an officer from Cadw should go on a site for five minutes and decide that our reading of everything is wrong.

"I think it’s silly and its damaging to our professional reputation. This is one of the most important sites I've seen in 30 years."

A Cadw spokesperson said: "Differences in interpretation as investigations continue are not unusual amongst archaeologists and it is no reflection on Mr Clarke's professional expertise or integrity that his interpretation differs from other archaeologists who have seen the site."

She added that Cadw was satisfied Monmouthshire council and the Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust can continue to ensure the condition of planning that required the archaeological work is properly discharged.

So, we''ll need to watch and see how this progresses. Some Denying evidence (ie the located Burn Pit) and dismissing what is found onsite, while apparently never going to the site to view this find, suggests to me, pressure is being placed on the "Minister" to either cancel or expedite this matter, so the Developer can finish his planned job. That's my humble opinion, but we'll have to wait for more, which I am sure will come.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To anyone interested, all the latest information about the dig can be seen here: sites.google.com...

Alternatively, you can follow on Twitter: twitter.com...

Many thanks,
Steve

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Or, we can keep bringing the info here.
Monmouth site is Bronze Age - archaeologist in row with minister

A MAN who is leading a dig at a site in Monmouth says he's found evidence to dispute claims by a minister who claimed remains there were not Bronze Age.

Steve Clarke of Monmouth Archaeology says latest scientific results from the Parc Glyndwr site shows the area was teeming with prehistoric activity, especially during the bronze ages.

Mr Clarke claims the development refutes comments by heritage minister Huw Lewis that what had been found at the Rockfield Road site was from a later period

The archaeologist said the claims had been damaging to his reputation. He has said the site, which was thought could have been a longhouse, was one of the most important he had seen in 30 years.

Mr Clarke said a charcoal sample from one of the slots thought to be a setting for a tree laid across a Bronze Age burnt mound - a drift of pebbles burned to boil water - had been found to date back to 1,750BC.

Early bronze age pottery from the site has produced a date of 1,680BC, while a hearth on the site produced a date of 2,795BC, from the new stone age.

The group has used radiocarbon technology to find the dates, which were produced by the Scottish Universities Environmental Research Centre.

Mr Clarke said there was now evidence that the foundations of the huge structure discovered by the team are also Bronze Age.

The article goes on to express the Ministers Departments view on these details.

So, it appears the matter is back on a more positive track. Hopefully it will remain that way, and they do/can identify the nature of the find in more detail.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
still no updates ?
ive checked the site and the posts seem to go dry couple weeks back ,
it wouldent suprise me that it was legit , wales is full of ancient culture , just the fragments of what once was have been lost and forgoten about over the ages , i have concepts of time also and whos to say that wales wasent prospering at the bronze age , yes i supose there is lack of evidence , but whos to say the next site like this they discover pre dates this one ... an open mind is key in a matter such as this untill the results are is layed out on the table for all to see
hopefully we will be informed soon

nice thread and thanks

rascal

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join