It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foundation found in Wales, Pre Dating the Pyramids?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It seems they have located some evidence of a rather large structure in Wales which may be older than the Pyramids.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ?ito=feeds-newsxml

I guess the testing will confirm this with some certainty. It may even be Neolithic, which would be interesting.

It is the size of the Materials found and the suggested size of the Dwelling that I found interesting.

We'll see what the testing indicates.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is very interesting S@F, more from the article..

A large prehistoric building older than Egypt’s pyramids has been discovered in Wales.
The foundations of a meeting house which was at least 50ft long were uncovered as builders worked on a new housing estate in Monmouth.
Archaeologists are mystified by the 'unique' find and say that nothing like it has ever been found in Britain.

After studying the foundations, made up of 3ft-wide tree trunks, experts believe the building was a long house constructed on the edge of a long-lost lake which has silted up over time.
Monmouth Archaeology has dated the find to at least the Bronze Age - but it could be early Neolithic about 6,500 years ago.
The pyramids in Egypt were built about 4,500 years ago.

PS: Why are they building houses in a lake??

edit on 16-6-2012 by CrimsonKapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

A large prehistoric building older than Egypt’s pyramids has been discovered in Wales.
The foundations of a meeting house which was at least 50ft long were uncovered as builders worked on a new housing estate in Monmouth.
Archaeologists are mystified by the 'unique' find and say that nothing like it has ever been found in Britain.

After studying the foundations, made up of 3ft-wide tree trunks, experts believe the building was a long house constructed on the edge of a long-lost lake which has silted up over time.
Monmouth Archaeology has dated the find to at least the Bronze Age - but it could be early Neolithic about 6,500 years ago.

The whole of the UK is a lake at the moment! it hasnt stopped raining here in Wales for days. So i suspect the areas just flooded.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

The whole of the UK is a lake at the moment! it hasnt stopped raining here in Wales for days. So i suspect the areas just flooded.

Good to know!
But still begs the question why the builders are building on a flood plain?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Interesting, i love these kind of finds!!.

Thanks OP for the thread, I would Flag but not able to yet.
So Star for now & imaginary flag. ( Till i can)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

They haven't.

If you dig a hole and it rains for 7 days straight said hole is going to fill with water.

Will be interesting to see how this develops although I am sceptical of the dating, sounds a bit too like headline making to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 303inMyBrain

Il flag it for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good to know!
But still begs the question why the builders are building on a flood plain?

I dont know. Im sure Citybig will be alone shortly to explain why the welsh build on flood plains!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

peace

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
From the looks of things it is not a house at all. It is probably the remains of an Ark.
edit on 6-16-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to add a letter.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

nice! my sediments exactly! we've been here before!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 303inMyBrain

Il flag it for you.

Thank youuuuuuuuu

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My guess is that would be an excarnation platform foundation, were they laid out the deceased for the birds.

Good to see the long lost lake has returned...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
An excellent little find

It might be associated with the Nab head find or the Mesolithic hunter-gatherers who were centered for a time around Pembrokeshire...however as this is Monmouth.... more investigation will be needed, but based on their use of wooden piles I would think this site was over water or marshy land, for defense and using the fishing resources. Similar perhaps to the finds of the Swiss 'lake' dwelling.

Those Confederation of Helvetian 'lake' dwellings

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

In Ireland there is an ancient Temple that is older then the pyramids in Egypt…many people don’t even know it exists, it is one of the oldest temples on Earth!

“Newgrange was constructed over 5,000 years ago (about 3,200 B.C.), making it older than Stonehenge in England and the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt. Newgrange was built during the Neolithic or New Stone Age by a farming community that prospered on the rich lands of the Boyne Valley. Knowth and Dowth are similar mounds that together with Newgrange have been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Archaeologists classified Newgrange as a passage tomb, however Newgrange is now recognised to be much more than a passage tomb. Ancient Temple is a more fitting classification”
www.newgrange.com...

edit on 16-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Yes Newgrange is well worth the visit, it's considered the fifth oldest building in the world. If you go there be sure to see the Brú na Bóinne complex also.

The list

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

think citty got banned,more on topic this is amazing and i hope that they do get relable readings as to when it was built too much of our history is unknown to us at this time its staggering

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
great find OP
hopefully find out more after this terrential (spelling
) rain
its not stopped here for atleast 36 hours

also check out this place
(same vid in my signature)

realy fantastic place
its most probably the first place where homo sapiens stopped the hunter gaverer and starting growing and farming

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by groingrinder

I'm not picking on you or anything like that, because your theory would be more interesting lol but why an "ark" why not just a big wooden boat?

Though regardless who would have been living in that area at the time to have built it, and why would they need it?...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

A very cool discovery but as reported on ATS previously, a starmap left in the pyramids dates them to 9200BC. Unless of course we keep turning the astronomical wheel back another complete rotation...the figure could be 30,000+ BC. As I understand it, you cannot date stone, you can only attempt to date the objects found around a monument or site. In other words, they base the official age estimate on some "junk" some people left behind sometime in the past. Broken pottery and the like.

I take a holiday today, fly to the pyramids and drink a beer there. I accidentally drop the bottle. It falls and breaks into a million pieces. 2000 years later someone might say the pyramids are built in 2012.

Disclaimer: As I understand it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join