It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP delegates sue to be free from Romney-123 & Counting (Ron Paul still alive!!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Over 120 delegates to the Republican National Convention have joined a lawsuit against the GOP arguing they have been illegally coerced into choosing Mitt Romney for the party’s presidential nominee and demanding they be “unbound” to vote for another candidate instead.

The federal lawsuit, filed this week in U.S. District Court in California by mostly supporters of Ron Paul, demands the delegates be freed to “vote their conscience” for presidential nominee at the party’s August national convention in Tampa, Fla., rather than being “bound” to vote for a certain candidate, as many state party bylaws require, based on the primary elections and other delegate selection procedures.

Courthouse News Service reports at least another 40 additional national convention delegates have asked to join the lawsuit. Supporters of the effort say there is “evidence that the voting rights of Ron Paul Republican delegates and voters … have been violated by nearly every state GOP party and the RNC during the 2012 primary election phase.” The delegates claim the party violated federal law by forcing them to sign loyalty affidavits, under threat of perjury, to vote for Mitt Romney, though he is not yet the official nominee.

Source: www.wnd.com...

Well, here we go... This years conventions... yes both of them... are going to be some freaking spectacles...but.. that is American politics.

I still think Hillary will rear here ugly head before this is all over. But, anyway. Ron Paulers are alive and well.

With the numbers GROWING... things WILL get ugly for the Repubs also. Romney doesn't need any distractions of this magnitude... But I saw let the system play itself out.

Look how Obama came from behind.. to win... and then "go about his business"... you can fill in after that.

So. I heard Biden was bi-Hing about Obama yesterday.... Off the ticket is coming I think for Biden.

The Press somewhat is now ticked at Obama for him treating them like his personal footstep yesterday.. Holding another "press conference" and not taking any questions. Basically taking their manhood with him when he walked away from them yesterday. LOVE IT>

Go RON PAUL... Make the system work-if anything.
edit on 6/16/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If nothing else, this year's "controversy" will force the GOP to re-think direction. Ron Paul already has won - whether or not he wins the nomination - the GOP will be different from now on.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Poor Ron Paul he has his political objectives and his followers keep doing stupid things to mess it up. Pauls path has been clear. He never thought nor planned on winning simply getting enough support to get a role in convention and use to help his sons political furture. It was a good solid plan until hiw followers started going full on out of control and ticking the party off every chance they get. Ron ends an active campaign and Rand endorces Romney and they think they have it all set and bam here come his followers again causing trouble. I would feel sorry for the guy but, he chose to appeal to the fringe and created this problem for himself. Romney has nothing to worry about and Paul going to end up having to endorse Romney himself to make up for his followers.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul's campaign died the day his only begotten kissed him on the cheek and voiced his support of Romney.
game over.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes, the idea of choice in a so called Democratic Republic can only be called "trouble" in America.

Systems are made to be changed, violated, stripped, and succumbed to the will of the people. I don't see any die hard old school GOP members out fighting with enthusiasm and support that proponent of change and Ron Paul supporters do. For so many years it has been people telling others, "If you don't like what is going on then why don't you do something about it." Finally something is being done, something is being done against the corrupt system of Washington that announced that the people will no longer play their ring around the rosey political games.

And what do the people who told them to do something in the first place do? The scoff and yell obsenities. They tell them to sit down and respect the system and quit making "fools of themselves". They become hypocrites and openly announce the idea of mental slavery to the system they don't even know they are slaves to.

No, regardless of what you, anyone else, or even Ron Paul has to say about towing the party line and being "respectful", the parties don't give a damn about "respect". You don't need to go too far to see how much the GOP "respects" Ron Paul when it came to debate time and media attention while the nomination process was in full swing, and yet Paul would have us turn the other cheek. I think not.

The delegates should, and I think WILL, go on to Tampa and fight, be disrespectful, and hopefully trash the system to the ground - just as it damn well should be.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

If anything what 'lawyers for Ron Paul' has discovered is true, then it is for sure, the process does not represent democratic principles, and cannot legitimatize for the candidate involved (Mitt Romney). His and his shop's job, is to oversee the principles of the process and those of the democratic nation are followed, and that this process shall not resort to methods and gains which follow those of tyrants, perpetrators and anything which the founding fathers fought against.

I therefor look with interest, what this process will dig out, and willingly will show that to the world, what sort of collection of scum-bags this process has managed to bring to the light.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Does your feeling/sentiments go the same for the Dem delegates that are going to go against Obama?

The "Anyone But Obama" delegates-which hide in the shadows as well.

Kinda Kurious you know

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ron Paul's supporters are going to force him to drop our or concede to Romney.

He doesn't want the nomination like this...he doesn't want it by duping the American people...he has already said he is out of it...his son has already endorsed Romney.

I feel sorry for him because his supporters are putting him in a very difficult situation...but at the same time...he created this monster, so now he has to deal with the consequences.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

.he created this monster, so now he has to deal with the consequences.

I completely agree with you... finally. It's a start....

The two party system is not good, anymore. IMO. But, it is what is in place at the time. so. deal.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I agree with anyone who wishes to have their say.

I believe the entire system is broken, not just bits and pieces. I don't think there is any reparation to be made only chaos to be had from reaping through it and rebuilding after it is destroyed.

It can either be done systematically by the people picking it apart and slowly having a new system in place, or suddenly and violently via revolution. Either way it is going to happen. It shouldn't matter how Ron Paul gets the nomination when the nomination is rigged against him and anyone else. That isn't freedom.

Worry about dealing with that BS once your president. Worry about the "high road" and "respect" after you have the power to actually fight the system fairly. For now, if you fight fair- there is no chance because it was designed to be that way.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

No. That was never the plan.

Nothing about what was happening could help his sons career. Endorsing Romney was the only way his son could help his own career. He was put between a rock and a hard place by the Paul candidacy. In the future he was going to be asked either: "Are you a real republican with GOP interests in mind? If so why did you support your libertarian father rather than helping your party by supporting Romney?" or "Rand in the 2012 election cycle you endorsed Romney who personifies everything you stood up against in your career (at least previous to the endorsement) and you did it while your father was still running in the race! How can you expect the American people to trust you and stand by your convictions when you are so willing to give up on your convictions to tow the party line?"

No, it may have gotten Rand some attention, but it didn't do him any favors.
Meanwhile, there is more to this than just getting Ron Paul attention or giving him room to speak at the RNC.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It was never good and no we shouldn't just deal, we should be constantly trying to change it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MrSpad

No. That was never the plan.

Nothing about what was happening could help his sons career. Endorsing Romney was the only way his son could help his own career. He was put between a rock and a hard place by the Paul candidacy. In the future he was going to be asked either: "Are you a real republican with GOP interests in mind? If so why did you support your libertarian father rather than helping your party by supporting Romney?" or "Rand in the 2012 election cycle you endorsed Romney who personifies everything you stood up against in your career (at least previous to the endorsement) and you did it while your father was still running in the race! How can you expect the American people to trust you and stand by your convictions when you are so willing to give up on your convictions to tow the party line?"

No, it may have gotten Rand some attention, but it didn't do him any favors.
Meanwhile, there is more to this than just getting Ron Paul attention or giving him room to speak at the RNC.
Agreed, Rand is a ghost in my world now. I will not remember his name.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I am starting to feel that way. Though I did give him a chance. I considered maybe he saw it as a better approach to succeeding for the liberty movement. He saw that a lifetime of being above board with your intentions got his father cheated out of an election and possibly Rand decided it would be easier to lie and get himself elected by the ignorant masses as a sort of covert liberty candidate.

Play by the rules and be subversive, basically actually doing what the clowns of the GOP accuse the "stealth delegates" of doing. Paul could have lied and told the GOP voters what they wanted to hear and then gotten elected and then actually supported the liberty agenda (basically the opposite of what every other politician does - lie about doing bad to get elected and then actually do good in office haha), but he didn't because he is so honest. It's likely wishful thinking, but maybe Rand is using this as a power move to play the GOP.

That would be a nice thought, but I have a feeling that it's not that and that people might be justified in their anger with him. I don't really know though.I just can't see him being so opposed to the NDAA and so forth and then endorsing Romney seriously. Maybe saying he does because he thinks he has to, but not sincerely. He even just put forth a bill to maintain internet freedom which is in line with what I always thought he stood for. Though with internet bills we do have to read them closely because the ones that protect net freedom are sometimes the ones that do the exact opposite.
edit on 16-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know, I wouldn't get too excited.

I am a Delegate for Ron Paul and it looked to me as if the people "they" chose were the lowest form of possibility when it comes to 'changing' their minds er changing anything which takes individual thinking processes.

This is not going to go well at National if you are hoping that people of good conscience will have done their homework and plan to deceive those who secretly intrusted them into the world of dirty politics.

"They" purposely hand picked each of their chosen for the National Convention. It made NO SENSE in the beginning but after everything we have witnessed since the Caucuses, it is abundantly clear.

I was hopeful that we could have swayed many of the other drop outs delegates but really that was just a pipe dream when thinking one step ahead of the issues and the romney plan.

What most people forget is that romeny stands very little chance of winning a debate with anyone let alone the shrewd and educated, obama. Remember obama has ways of conning the lower class which is now the majority in this country. He will lie and begin a dirty tactic of gaining sympathy for having had his hands tied all along rather than discuss any real issues.

The only real chance is if December 21 2012 everyone wakes up suddenly and see's reality as it is and not from the rose colored glasses of propaganda they have always known and been so comfortable wearing.

Do "you" think this date will 'change' a damn thing?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I don't think Rand thinks that many moves ahead.
Seriously the one thing that came to mind when Rand did this was, Santorum's "team player" remark. Almost threw up in my mouth a bit.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Rand is the biggest disappointment. Just forget him, that is what he probably wants anyway...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul never "threw in the towel" and his team never called it quits. It has been the same delegate strategy all along with a wind-down in active advertising and campaigning. All the Paul people were already on-board and knew what had to be done. Those with the least bit of doubt would have until the general elections to make their decisions. Admittedly it looked bleak for awhile without much hope for the nomination but it has been a longshot since the start.

All along the strange crew of anti-Pauls have been begging for us to pull out, telling us it's a lost cause, "Paul is insignificant but pl-l-e-e-ease don't vote for him," looking for the tiniest scrap to place on their pyre, and generally making up their own truth every inch of the way. These anti's have a fertile imagination and are extremely long on denial. I have to wonder if they are forced to write all their ramblings in crayon. Get it guys, It's not over until it's over and the Tampa convention is the earliest that might be. Get a grip! Or go find another hobby.

The struggle for freedom, liberty, and independence is ongoing.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by anon72

Ron Paul's supporters are going to force him to drop our or concede to Romney.

He doesn't want the nomination like this...he doesn't want it by duping the American people...he has already said he is out of it...his son has already endorsed Romney.

I feel sorry for him because his supporters are putting him in a very difficult situation...but at the same time...he created this monster, so now he has to deal with the consequences.

Convention time is going to be very interesting with Ron Paul around. He's supporters are planning something, I'm just really curious as to how Paul will deal with them then.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Go RON PAUL... Make the system work-if anything.

I say let Ron Paul have his 120 delegates, it won't change the situation. Romney got more than 4 million votes over Ron Paul, he recieved the majority of votes in the entire GOP race, the nomination is rightfully his. If anything Paul supporters are demonstrating the very thing they insist they hate, they wish to turn as many delegates against the wishes of their constituents.

As OutKast says, this is probably not the way Paul wants things to go, he'll have to do something, possibly endorse Romney, in order to simmer things down for the few of his supporters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join