It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Eccentric

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Awesome...you're my hero. But I doubt you'll believe that, too.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
You have just described everyone on ATS except the skeptics. Skeptics are pretty much the lead orators for the voiceless, stupid sheep, that fall for every promise that politicians make and fall for the vernacular prowess of the likes of Obama, and while the politicians destroy the country, these same blind sheep seem to be disgusted as they never saw it coming....and then they go and vote for the next 3 disappointments that they are given to choose from. We who believe in the truth yet are mocked for thinking different from the tribes and tribes of idiot savant sheep.....are eccentric because the truth is about as easy to find as a golden unicorn.

Its a fair point to say it describes people on ats apart from the skeptics,and i would love to agree with you, and imagine we are some group of very special people, but i dont think it does describe ATS members, because where are the 450,000 (guess) members, why are nt contibuting to thread, if its so them?
Sorry im being pernickey but it just crossed my mind.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You feel like you don't belong, yet you long to be. If only conversations in your head counted as social interaction with others, you would be the social butterfly that society expects of you.

Here I was just thinking Im a daydreamer
I guess Im eccentric in many ways. I really find no one I personally know on the same level as me. Ive never felt normal within my thoughts anyway so just keep it all to myself and yes run through them in my head
Great thread, spot on and I now know why I was drawn to ATS, like minded people.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnaCarta19

dude throw the "medication" out (unless it's weed, NEVER throw out weed) and tell the "professional" to go diagnose his own ass.. no-one has a mental health "problem" (just different neural configurations that everyone can deal with personally through meditation) and no-one needs any kind of "medication" produced by big pharma

Wanted to star you some more for this, but couldn't.
Meditation is how I got control of the 'late night' anxieties which lead to all manner of personal revelations and ways to control/or at least try, to calm to vibration when it becomes too much.

Two times I have had (eyes open) hallucinations, and it was from prescribed meds only, so no, don't throw out the weed.
x

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Describes me to a T. But I don't find peace or happiness in this post. Just a hall of mirrors

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Darkghost, you hit so many of my nerve endings with your opening post that I had goose bumps. S&F for you straight off & I hope you don't mind but I have added you as a friend as I would like to read more from you & get to know you maybe in time.

Your first reply to all the replies is so full of wisdom, light & hope that you have brought a genuine smile to my face which as this year has progressed has become a hard thing to do.

It is 03:52am here in the UK so I am subscribing to this thread to come back to it at a better time tomorrow when I have done all I have to do. I have to admit before logging off though that for years I self harmed after doing terrible things to other human beings in my twenties but have started to see myself as unique now and not a robotic freak programmed into doing the things I reluctantly did.

I take my hat off to you, bow & send you my best wishes & kindest regards.

Peace, love, unity...the only hope for humanity..
edit on 17/6/2012 by theguygeeza because: Spelling mistake.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I knowm a guy who used to be like tat, but the fact was, he needed to love himself. That was all tat matered. one he started loving himself for who he was, and started accepting himself, he shot fom social outcast to The Man Everybody wanted to Hang out with.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I knowm a guy who used to be like tat, but the fact was, he needed to love himself. That was all tat matered. one he started loving himself for who he was, and started accepting himself, he shot fom social outcast to The Man Everybody wanted to Hang out with.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

I would suggest caution, I have spent many years as a chameleon.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Unbelievable. You nailed exactly how I've felt for several years....

Thank you. Words can't express my gratitude.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Why a butterfly though, why not a monkey or a lemur?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by atlasastro

I didn't imply the OP itself was positive, I meant the reaction from other members to what was written has been overwhelmingly positive - the way people are able to connect with each others' feelings and not feel embarrassed and ashamed.
I totally agree, and I have said as much.

As you said, that they are not alone in having these sensations. Sometimes it is the worst of situations that bring out the best of people. The same goes for the OP. It's some pretty dark stuff in there, I admit, but look at many of the positive responses it has elicited.

I think you may be missing the point my friend, and it is an important one.
What you are feeling, how you are describing it and approaching it is fundamentally dishonest. Not only to yourself, but to others and this community as a whole.

Feeling depressed, insecure, unsure and alienated is not being odd or eccentric, it is being unwell.

Can I ask you a question, has merely considering yourself eccentric helped you in anyway other than to merely give in to a label?

I generally don't respond specifically to the negative posts for the same reason I don't respond specifically to the positive ones: I'm not one of those people that likes hearing the sound of his own voice (or seeing the text of my own typing).
Well you have responded to mine, so I thank you very much. I would like to think there is a reason and maybe a purpose for our discussion. Perhaps it is the dissenting voice that is harder to listen too over all others who merely agree to your lie?
Possible perhaps?

While I do enjoy discussions, on these forums I especially enjoy seeing the opinions and mindsets of other people, it fascinates me.
Me too.

This thread isn't really about me, but rather a state of existence that many people can relate to. I would prefer to keep it that way.
Oh, my friend, but it is about you! I dare say it is about all of us!

If you feel that my post is more to do with insecurity than eccentricity then that is fine and I respect your opinion. I am aware of the definitions of both words and still feel that I am an eccentric character as opposed to an insecure one.
You could be both, they are not mutually eclusive, but your OP is rife with insecurities and they have nothing to do with eccentricity. I think the discussions deserves to have an opportunity to consider that, rather than have that perspective merely dismissed as being cynical, pessimistic or negative. As you say, the OP is "dark stuff".

Do I have insecurities? Yes, I believe everyone does to a certain extent. I am not overtly eccentric but rather my eccentricities begin to appear the more you get to know me.
We all have insecurities, the difference is primarily how we deal with them!
Calling them eccentricities is not dealing with them.

Insecurities and fear are prisons of the mind, and cages for the soul.

"Freedom of mind is the real freedom. A person whose mind is not free though he may not be in chains, is a slave, not a free man. One whose mind is not free, though he may not be in prison, is a prisoner and not a free man. One whose mind is not free though alive, is no better than dead. Freedom of mind is the proof of one's existence".
UNKNOWN

Thanks again for replying to my post.
edit on 18/6/12 by atlasastro because: edit to add quote

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Let me see if I understand your objections. You believe I am actually unwell/insecure, as opposed to eccentric, and am leading people down a false sense of security of thinking they are also eccentric when it is really that they too are unwell? Is this along the lines of what you are saying?

Acknowledging my eccentricities has helped me come to terms with the person I am - it's not an attention-seeking label. Much of my eccentric behaviour takes place when I am alone or around people I feel comfortable being myself around. Eccentric does not mean one has to act like a character in a movie or play where hyperbole is generally used to great effect.

Perhaps it is the dissenting voice that is harder to listen too over all others who merely agree to your lie?

Naturally we are more receptive to views of others that we agree with or can relate to, and are less receptive of views which clash with our own. This is not just me, it is human nature! But I still acknowledge and respond to dissenting views, as I am doing right now. (Only when I feel somebody is trolling, I tend not to answer). I am not sure why you have referred to what I said as a lie. Care to elaborate on how I lied?

Like I stated earlier, I am confident I can comprehend the different definitions of the words eccentric and insecure. I have insecurities, but I would not describe myself as an insecure individual; I do not continually seek the approval or comfort of a third party to reassure me of my faults. I believe that is a key aspect of one who is an insecure individual.
edit on 18/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
wow you have just described me how i act and think scary

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I always come across interesting topics too late to join in, but I agree with the OP.

Unfortunately, I do seek other's approval. The other side of Aries.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

If only conversations in your head counted as social interaction with others, you would be the social butterfly that society expects of you.

Haha, very true my friend. I believe it's both a curse and a blessing, depending on what mood you're in. The mind can be your best friend or your most persistent enemy when you live and think like this. Well written brother.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
I completely agree, Dark Ghost. I don't even fit in in my own family. I'm so different from almost everyone in my family. I've always kind of walked my own path, also. For instance, I'm a person of faith. I believe strongly in the "Bible," but organized Christianity never sat well with me. I later came to realize that what Christianity teaches is not what Scripture teaches. So even in faith I'm eccentric and do my own thing.

Shaluach, I agree with you 100%. Your story is my story. Hopefully we can connect and share religious ideas and discoveries?

To those who disparage this topic, this particular post by Shaluach displays the differences between those who are 'normal'. i.e. go to church every Sunday and trust in their Christian ministers, against those who THINK about what they're doing and why. You could translate this example into almost every walk of life you can think of, such as government, business, economics, etc.

Anyone who asks questions and expects answers, becomes isolated from the herd and is regarded as 'odd', which describes us. Maybe we should form our own online society, where we can gather to discuss and question life with others who are similarly like minded?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
much love for you dark ghost. so many of us who feel like this come together for a reason. we have such intricate universes inside of us, and some of the time it takes like minds to make these thoughts external(:

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join