It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Eccentric

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I usually find these threads absolutely stupid. There were some things that didn't fit me, but about 98% of what you said described me very well. Well actually, it didn't describe me. When you said its hard to describe yourself, your right. I can't do it. The description of how I feel was there, not who I am or what I am.

Good thread. By the way, stop stalking me.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i was like this , but had to break free from it , and i feel many many people feel the same , and the only way they know how to escape it is through self medicating , i am curious to know op do you think anxiety plays a big part in it ?

i broke free by finding the true meaning of love ,and compassion , in a sens i was enlightened , more then i had been before

one thing he also left out was , "do you feel people use your energy ?" "and do your emotions effect the whole room"?

i know that was and still is the case for me , at times i feel i am only here for people to use my energy , sounds strange i know

ty OP that was very enlightening read

LOVE LSH

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I have tried to fit into various subcultures, and it was a strained attempt each time. For a while, it seemed okay, but then I realized it seemed strained.

I think the issue is with pleasantries. The usual BS remarks people exchange that amount to nothing. Example:

"Hi, how are you?" (expects to hear "good")
"Good, and you?" (expects to hear "good")
"Good, thanks."

Who the frick bothers to ask someone how they're doing if you expect to hear the usual crap anyway? I mean, cut it out. If you don't really intend to expect a real answer, what the hell are you asking for? I sometimes surprise people with exactly how things are going if they are going badly. It's like they don't even know what to say! So funny. "Well, you asked." is what I tell myself. I don't go into awful detail, but they seem tense if all you say it "I'm okay." Like, "Oh, only OK? What's wrong?" ...exactly! If you can't look around you and see what's wrong, you're dense as hell! It's like society is filled with a bunch of fake barbie and ken dolls, all plastic and smiling all the time on the outside.

If I can't have a real conversation with someone, forget it. I have no interest in hearing petty pleasantries from anyone. Society needs to get real, get in touch with everything going on (even the ugly), and let's start to progress instead of get lost more and more in fantasy.

That is my take on the social aspect of it. Such a waste to bother talking to most people. They are incredibly predictable. It's boring. I would rather be doing thought experiments with myself.

I am literally about to run around my house right now!
THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I AM. This is crazy.

As I was reading the OP, this is exactly what I was thinking. I've been thinking
like this since forever. People don't get it though. They call you "anti-social"
or even take it to a level where they call you weird because you aren't a social
zombie like everybody else. Its sickening.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
I usually find these threads absolutely stupid. There were some things that didn't fit me, but about 98% of what you said described me very well. Well actually, it didn't describe me. When you said its hard to describe yourself, your right. I can't do it. The description of how I feel was there, not who I am or what I am.

i say this in the most humble way , who are you ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's like you described me... I'm so touched.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with you on this. I spend a lot of time in the world of ideas, making progress in a realm that most people can't even comprehend exists. Unfortunately, it rarely translates to physical wealth, which is what most people judge you by. Even though I am considered very intelligent, I also struggle with things that most people do without a second thought.

I think the important thing is to find other people similar to yourself, they do exist, but are often hard to find, especially if you are looking in the wrong places.
edit on 16-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

i say this in the most humble way , who are you ?

This is one of those questions that I don't know how to answer.

I'm so serious though. Elaborate.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
"I'm so special, I'm so unique, no one see's the world like I do. I'm so eccentric and have such profound insights".

The young hipsters mantra. Skinny jeans and retro glasses for everyone!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well written, but I think you have described the majority not the minority,

Moreover most peole probably have felt this way at some stage through their life depending what is going on in their lives at that point in time.

We are, afterall, all the same its just how we choose to interact while we ae occupy this meat sack vehicle.

Society is the relative constant you happen to find yourself in at any point in time.

Getting out of your comfort zone every so often reminds you of this.

all the very best... to all.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

i feel the same.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You sound like a lot of Students and Young Adults I know - I am a Teacher. I allow all Students to speak freely and never tell them to stop talking rot as I know many adults do.

You are not alone and while eccentric is a creative word that I know has been applied to me I know that there are worse descriptors that could be used. Follow your instincts and trust yourself - never stop learning - never stop reading and never stop participating in the journey of life - that's what I have learned.

Take care of yourself and thanks for posting such a thoughtful and well presented insight into your intellect.

Much Peace...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

well , i am not sure how simple you would like me to put it , i am curious to know what kind of person you are ? do you know what kind of person you are ? my goal here is to simply help you to understand possibly who you are , and i ask this because it seemed , that you might have been a bit confused in comparing your self with the OP , but in all honesty , it does not mater who you are , or who you might think you are , as long as your happy in life , and your comfortable in your own skin , i was also trying to identify weather or not their was an identity issue , again i draw my conclusion from the reply to the OP , that's all , i do not expect you to answer , but i had to word it in such a way that it would be in the realm of the T&C regulations

so .... who are you ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

I have tried to fit into various subcultures, and it was a strained attempt each time. For a while, it seemed okay, but then I realized it seemed strained.

I think the issue is with pleasantries. The usual BS remarks people exchange that amount to nothing. Example:

"Hi, how are you?" (expects to hear "good")
"Good, and you?" (expects to hear "good")
"Good, thanks."

Who the frick bothers to ask someone how they're doing if you expect to hear the usual crap anyway? I mean, cut it out. If you don't really intend to expect a real answer, what the hell are you asking for? I sometimes surprise people with exactly how things are going if they are going badly. It's like they don't even know what to say! So funny. "Well, you asked." is what I tell myself. I don't go into awful detail, but they seem tense if all you say it "I'm okay." Like, "Oh, only OK? What's wrong?" ...exactly! If you can't look around you and see what's wrong, you're dense as hell! It's like society is filled with a bunch of fake barbie and ken dolls, all plastic and smiling all the time on the outside.

If I can't have a real conversation with someone, forget it. I have no interest in hearing petty pleasantries from anyone. Society needs to get real, get in touch with everything going on (even the ugly), and let's start to progress instead of get lost more and more in fantasy.

That is my take on the social aspect of it. Such a waste to bother talking to most people. They are incredibly predictable. It's boring. I would rather be doing thought experiments with myself.

I am literally about to run around my house right now!
THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I AM. This is crazy.

As I was reading the OP, this is exactly what I was thinking. I've been thinking
like this since forever. People don't get it though. They call you "anti-social"
or even take it to a level where they call you weird because you aren't a social
zombie like everybody else. Its sickening.

i have to throw my opinion inn here , people make this gesture of introduction because it is polite , and respectful , and depending on what kind of person you are it could lead to a healthy positive conversation , it is a instinctual way of approaching and unknown subject , would it seem fit to walk up and say "hey! how bad are you ? " you having a bad day !?"

why bother putting much thought into it ? , the statement alone tells me that the poster and the ones who agree choose to be anti social , and negative , it it also shows that you care about what people think , so much so that you have put this much thought into the process of introduction . i

IMHO i would rather deal with a "Fake" positive person , then someone who walks through life being negative
the world will pass you right up if you so choose to live that kind of life ,

thats all for now

LSH

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

This is like reading a horoscope, everyone can find themselves in it.

The Forer effect (also called the Barnum Effect after P.T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people.[citation needed] This effect can provide a partial explanation for the widespread acceptance of some beliefs and practices, such as astrology, fortune telling, graphology, and some types of personality tests.

en.wikipedia.org...

Most people on ATS tend to think they're different or somehow special. But you guys really aren't... there are millions of conspiracy theorists and political nerds in the world.

edit on 16-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wanted to add that we should be skeptical of each statement made. It's easy to feel "Oh, that's me" and then go along barely considering the validity of the rest of them. Really try to see if you can come up with a reason each statement doesn't apply. It takes some of the "dazzle" out of it, but it's important before we start clinging to some identity proposed by someone else.

That's all.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Im confuse .. what is your point ?

If someone think he fit your well described profile
what does it mean ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great post, you reached into the depths and touched a true chord in a good amount of ATS posters. Star and flag for this.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I used to feel that way. I'm above an above average IQ, sharp as a tack. I learn constantly, and can't help but read. I used to think I was different, but it turns out I have mono. You sound like you're trying to give a recruitment speech for a cult in your OP. Sorry, it had to be done.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Very nice rainbow statement, you caught a load of people with it too.. pretty shrewd, PT Barnum really was right
edit on 16-6-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join