It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Eccentric

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+189 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Do you feel different? An outcast who doesn't fit in with most other people. An individual with thought patterns that are out of the ordinary. Someone who is very self-critical and places unrealistic expectations on themselves. A person with too much time on their hands in this physical world, but not enough time to explore the metaphysical aspects of existence. You are physically lazy but mentally proactive.

While others concentrate on what they can see, you focus on what you can not. You feel in awe of others that you admire, but you dismiss these feelings when they are directed at yourself. Your priorities are not the same as "normal" people; you are not fussed over the same things as they are. You are full of wonder when you think about the universe and other people, but feel empty and anxious when you look at yourself.

Others tell you that you are smart, but you feel silly. It's the tasks that most people find easy that you tend to struggle with. You ask yourself why you find tasks that are automated for most others so difficult. You feel as though life is just one challenge after another. You don't congratulate yourself enough when you do overcome a hurdle. But you take joy in telling others when they do. You love to make other people happy and give them advice when they are in need, yet you don't heed the wisdom you expel. Are you a hypocrite? Perhaps that is one of the many flaws you see in yourself.

You view the world through an external perspective. While you are confident you are in touch with reality, you feel separated from it. When you are asked to define who you are or what you believe, you struggle to find the words. What is your passion? What is your drive? You are not sure of your ambitions or your purpose for being here. When asked if you could do any occupation and get paid the same no matter what you choose, you struggle to define what it is that makes you happy and complete. You do not know, nor do you claim to know. This makes you appear indecisive to the average person and contributes to your feelings of alienation.

Other people ask you where you see yourself in 10 years, you worry about where you see yourself in 10 days. You are not the same person you were yesterday. You don't just worry about the future, you focus on the past and are apprehensive about the present. Your life is a plethora of examination, analysis and interpretation. You feel like you don't belong, yet you long to be. If only conversations in your head counted as social interaction with others, you would be the social butterfly that society expects of you.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

One of the most sensible threads i have seen on here and i am going to star and flag
Thank you for this thread ill be back like arnie said, and comment further.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
That was very well written, especially by ATS standards. What is your point? Are you attempting to connect with others that feel a certain disconnect from mainstream society? Was that whole piece written at you, under the glass? I'm not being mouthy, I liked what you wrote, just want to get what you're getting at.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

When asked if you could do any occupation and get paid the same no matter what you choose, you struggle to define what it is that makes you happy and complete. You do not know, nor do you claim to know. This makes you appear indecisive to the average person and contributes to your feelings of alienation.

Struck a rather uncomfortable chord.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
How are you in my mind?
When i was reading this i was having some chills because you almost perfectly explained how i think.. Give or take some little things here or there but that almost fits me to a T.

Very well done post,
I'm sure a lot of people on ATS can identify with this little piece of writing. I know i do. I am really good for giving advice, but not taking my own advice. The real world i find silly, but my own personal world in my mind and home is mine and that is where i prefer to be.

Almost like i dont understand society, or understand it so much that i want as little part as possible in the charade.
edit on 16/6/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Nice!

I feel most of us here will probably be able to relate to your post. In a sense there are pretty much 2 different types of people. Those who question and lead and those who submit/blindly trust/and follow.

Most people who enjoy the things we discuss here are the kids who asked their mother "Why" so many times she wanted to lock herself in the bathroom for an hour a day just to get a break. We seek knowledge or we just accept certain knowledge. Most of us here are seekers and that is why your thread makes sense.

I enjoyed reading your post as it was well written!

edit on 6/16/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I believe the main reason people feel this way is because they have distant parents that never really got to know and guide their children as much as they needed.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I can connect with most of those feelings, I allways chalked it up to being weird. Nice to see others feel the same.
good thread, well done sir!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

wow this is spot on of how i am too, not surprising though, i dont think i ever would have been led to this website if i werent like this though.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Very well done DarkGhost,I applaud you for being honest and sincere about your feelings.As mentioned above,you have also struck a chord with me too.Thank you for explaining my own self with 100% accuracy.I'm totally in awe that there is actually other people out there like me.I hope every day for you from on is the best to be had

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A very profound OP that forced the uneasy self examination upon reading it, haha. I've always been told that I was very perceptive (about others) since I was a young child, and also that I'm a great conversationalist. With that said, I've never felt perceptive about myself, and I also rack my brain so much when I converse with people that I'd frankly rather sit at my computer and play Tribes all day over hanging out at the bar.

My life has been a constant period of self-reflection for the past year and a half, and I've realized that all I need is me, if that makes sense. Many friends and family members have trouble coming to terms with this, as I would rather spend my time meditating and educating myself over tightening my social connections.

I really don't know what to tell them besides, "I don't care anymore." In other words, my understanding of fulfillment has shifted dramatically from the paradigm that the "normal" individual confines themselves to. In the end, what does money or a ton of friends bring you? I've enjoyed plenty of both, and let's just say my mission objective has shifted, haha.
Thank you for the read, kind sir.
edit on 16-6-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think it's the outcome of a few generations living in a fantasy land. Some people completely lost their bearings.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hit right on the nose. Did not know i was eccentric, makes sense.Relieved i am not alone. I'm physically built muscularly do weight training all the time but wont show anyone. is that also common?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Do you feel different?

I starred and Flagged your post, Dark Ghost, good topic, and better content, if I must say. Do I feel different? From what? The "Accepted Normal" person? I do not do the following things at all:
Own, or talk/text on a Cell Phone
Go hunting for trophies
Own or drive a new model car or truck
Go to any church
Get Drunk
Cuss in public

Things I do on a regular basis:
Read (I'm reading two books right now)
Research a great many things
Drive a truck I had a hand in building
Carry a pistol
Drive sensibly
Work on my own Car/Computer/Washer/Dryer instead of buying a new one
Treat my wife like the Queen she is

So, guess that leaves "normal" out, huh? I have said many times, if I could take the information that is in my head, and put it in the head of a normal person, that person would quickly go insane, and I sincerely believe that to be true. Never went in for trends, fads, or any religious dogma, never felt it necessary to wear a suit and tie, and when I was raising my kids, I challenged them: Do everything with quality assurance, do it faster and better than I can, and make your own life as you wish, with my full support.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Have you been stalking me?

Excellent post, thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
well written, spot on, on alot of things... alot i know have it that way, like me and u. Cant help but wonder if TPTB want us to feel like this. deep, understanding but broken. This entire world just FEELS SO FU#?ING boring... Im bored out of my ass, i have no sence of direction. Like u i spend to much time philosophising.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
S&F!

I feel similar on a lot of what you said.

But I've always thought the only difference between eccentricity and mental illness is how much money you have..

Think about all the legally insane who are loaded so they just get passed off as 'eccentric'.

I don't know lol

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You struggle. So do I. A lot of people do- youre not Robinson Crusoe!

As for work, I really dont think we were designed to work to live. So I dont blame you for not thinking of work that will leave you fullfilled. I love my job and my clients- but if I didnt have to, I wouldnt work. All my money goes to living expenses- roof over head, food and petrol- thats it.

Ive always felt different and that I didnt belong. I presume that is because Im adopted and dont know any of my family history. Im like an orphan here.

Hang in there, try not to worry- everything will be okay

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You have just described everyone on ATS except the skeptics. Skeptics are pretty much the lead orators for the voiceless, stupid sheep, that fall for every promise that politicians make and fall for the vernacular prowess of the likes of Obama, and while the politicians destroy the country, these same blind sheep seem to be disgusted as they never saw it coming....and then they go and vote for the next 3 disappointments that they are given to choose from. We who believe in the truth yet are mocked for thinking different from the tribes and tribes of idiot savant sheep.....are eccentric because the truth is about as easy to find as a golden unicorn.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I guess I've always felt different, like I know something other people don't but i cant quite figure it out or remember what but i feel it sometimes. I had an experience when i was younger when i seen a ufo but it was strange i saw a glowing light in the sky and then it was like a blinding light where i had to cover my eyes it was so bright.Then just a few years ago I heard a voice saying my sisters name I called her straight away to ask her if she was okay and she was fine.It wasn't till a few months later I had this strange feeling, I thought I was going to win the lottery but then 10 minutes later i got a call saying my sister had to be taking in for emergency surgery because her appendix had burst. I think I am driven to find out what this extra sense is if that's what it is or just to find out what is out there for myself and other people don't get this or I don't get them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join