It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas amnesty isnt just for new voters, its to lower unemployment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I thought about this last night and came to a realisation, those who qualify for his new amnesty cant vote for him. However the amount of people who will become guest workers will lower the unemployment rate greatly right away, so he goes into the summer election season touting a huge drop in unemployment, while not saying these people worked before but now they are counted so no real change will have taken place. This is the ultimate smoke and mirrors show, he will say look how we saved the economy, look at the recovery as he manipulates the numbers to his favor as the MSM barks like seals in aggrement. I agree with all the posts saying this is about votes, that is 100% correct, but the unstated reason is the unemployment rate and that will never be spoken of in the MSM and i dought most people have even considered this as a reason but i am sure it is. I would like comments if im correct or totaly off base, i am convinced its a 2fer, yes future voters, but imediate drop in unemployment while not actually doing anything to create jobs, just change some numbers.
edit on 16-6-2012 by 1947flxible because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Many jobs have to be "created" for the rate to lower.

How will Obama's new plan create new jobs ?

Obama will suffer a net loss on votes with this.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You misunderstand what i am saying, and we totaly agree too, it will NOT create a single job, my point is that those who qualify will now be counted as employed, most of these are undocumented and cash paid in many cases, now they will appear as employed, thus lowering the uneployment rate. Obama wouldnt have done a darn thing but can go out and say "look at how we have recovered the economy, look at the hundreds of thousands of jobs created" while not creating one single job, just counting those already working who werent counted before.Its a snow job put it like this, hey we just found 800,000 jobs that we didnt know we had there lets countm, now unemployment is 5-6% and he did NOTHING, but claims it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Amnesty dude. AMNESTY. I'm not that picky, I make mistakes two (c?) but if they're is a bug read line under the word you just spayed it means you did it wrong. Write? I now I write.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Im sorry i ruined your day with my bad spelling, i hope you got past it to the actual point of the post, not everyone can spell or has spell correct on their browsers. Ive accepted that i cant spell and make fun of it, the point of the post is no less valid because im dyslexic.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Amnesty dude. AMNESTY. I'm not that picky, I make mistakes two (c?) but if they're is a bug read line under the word you just spayed it means you did it wrong. Write? I now I write.

Not all browsers have a built-in spell checker.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Its getting pretty annoying that even though Romney agrees with Obama on this, he has to disagree with Obama on this.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

i totally accept your suggestion...

'i too think that this side-step action to pass a 'Dream Act' clone is a deliberate ploy to fuzzy up the numbers on a few things... employment included

yes a big number of unrecognized 'jobs' will skew the statistics, as all those green card jobs will now be counted a workers and the total workforce will grow as the long term unemployed are erased from the system

so too will the # of workers contributing tax withholdings, medicare & social security from their wages, all which can be manipulated to make the USA a magnet for investment and continued economic ratings of AA or better while the EU disintegrates and the BRICS nations flounder in recession
edit on 16-6-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Unemployment is calculated by the number of people claiming and currently accepting unemployment.

This will increase the numbers.

In my humble opinion. . . .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join