It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, India, Iran wait to pounce on Afghan riches

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

www.sfgate.com

Even before NATO forces begin leaving Afghanistan, predator nations are pouring lavish praise, diplomatic agreements and buckets full of cash on Afghan leaders, trying to win access to the nation's vast natural resources after Western troops are gone.

Chief among them are China, Iran and India - nations that contributed nothing toward the military effort over the past decade but hope to reap benefits from it anyway.

For example, in Beijing late last week....
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This reminds me of Iraq all over again. The US/West does the fighting and dying while other nations move right in and take the booty. Iraq awarded the largest untapped oil fields to Russia and China now over in Afghanistan we get this report.

I'm sure glad President Kowtow is looking out for America's best interests.
I'd hate to think what a President who wasn't would have done [Or not have done as the case may be]

Your thoughts?

www.sfgate.com

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is anyone surprised? I sure am not. We elected a feel good president with no experience and a lot of hype. This is the result.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

www.sfgate.com

Even before NATO forces begin leaving Afghanistan, predator nations are pouring lavish praise, diplomatic agreements and buckets full of cash on Afghan leaders, trying to win access to the nation's vast natural resources after Western troops are gone.

Chief among them are China, Iran and India - nations that contributed nothing toward the military effort over the past decade but hope to reap benefits from it anyway.

For example, in Beijing late last week....

edit on 16-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The "buckets full of cash to Afghan leaders" is the way to go. Nothing greases the wheels of "progress" in Afghanistan like a little baksheesh here and there!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
But But But............America is a warmongering Nation !!

Quietly waiting for the similar responses,and those saying America is "exploiting" the Afghans.

Wonder what China pays the Afghan people,who work in their copper mines,in Afghanistan?

More or less then the slave wages,it pays at home ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

This reminds me of Iraq all over again. The US/West does the fighting and dying while other nations move right in and take the booty. Iraq awarded the largest untapped oil fields to Russia and China now over in Afghanistan we get this report.

Wait a damn minute!

I thought WE were there "for the oil"! That's all I've heard on the subject at ATS for 4 years, since I joined the site!

If WE were there for the oil, how in the hell did it occur that we just walked away from it?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The kicker here is that Bush/Obama promised aid to Aghantistan for the next 20-25 years, and while agree who did the heavy lifting, and made most of the sacrifice that 2 bit dictatorships reap all the benefits.

Karzai is a crook.China and Iran and India? blah

No need to give Afghanistan another ounce of blood or treasure from this country, in fact

Tc violations forbiid finishing that sentence.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
But on a happier note... the CIA did get it's opium production started again, so it's a win for them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Dont worry. Now India will be "training" Afghan forces,courtesy of our current Administration.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has thanked India for hosting, on June 28, a very important investment conference that will take place in New Delhi to galvanise more international private sector investment for Afghanistan to look ahead to the transition there, Blake said. Welcoming India's role in training of Afghan security forces, Blake said: "As we look ahead to the transition, we are very focused on showing to Afghanistan that there will be strong international community support for all of these transitions."

US won’t leave India in Afghanistan: Blake

Selling out cheep?

Slayer is 100% right.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The bright side is Karzai will have his military built up and CLinton and Obama buying Russian helicopters, and everything else for him while China,Iran, and India rape the Afghani countryside.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
But on a happier note... the CIA did get it's xxxxx production started again, so it's a win for them.

I was going to say this was "another" excuse,that we were going to hear,but I didn't want to superseded the rules and regulations of this site.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
But on a happier note... the CIA did get it's opium production started again, so it's a win for them.

Just like we got all that oil.

Al Qaeda and the Taliban don't make a giant chunk of their income from drug trade or anything. God only knows how stupid it would be to try to cut off their income or something.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

China will have a direct pipline for that to sell, and then Iran can continue it's plans to build and oil pipeline to Pakistan.

All made possible by US and those who went to Afghanistan seems we are always on the receiving end of that short stick.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just wait a minute here.....werent they building a pipeline through afghanistan to pakistan and india?
I thought they were shipping the natural gas from the other russian "stans" this way?
The Iranis too were trying to send their pipeline into pakistan with natural gas, but we had ours built first?And our oi companies beat their oil companies?now this aint ahppening?
say it isnt so!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I saw this coming years ago and it still gets my goat.

Why are we such patsies?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
On the plus side, letting the Chinese eat all the original deaths and security problems should be entertaining. Since you can't even fly a geologist in for a look without an entire compliment of security personnel who are wired for sound.

Plus the Chinese are notorious for exporting all the profits and leaving nothing for the country itself EXCEPT for the ones they are paying off. Surely some of the peons noses can be put out of joint by this in the long run.... I mean, even the Chinese elite have to eventually get tired of paying off every Mohammed Abdullah and Jabbar (Tom Dick and Harry.)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I'm sure glad President Kowtow is looking out for America's best interests.
I'd hate to think what a President who wasn't would have done [Or not have done as the case may be]

Your thoughts?

www.sfgate.com

I have watch many yanks now start to blame Obama but I wonder how many remember that the wars were started by that d!ck that was elected by the dummies over there before Obama. That bloke was soooo bad at your domestic economics that his hold on his job was sinking fast. Actually the unfortunate events of 9/11 (however they occurred) were a life line to that incompetant fool. It then allowed the attention of your nation to turn away from his bungling, pathetic attempt at running your amazing country and toward rallying behind nationalistic fervour to "fight the good fight" against those "rotten terrorists". (imo you went after the wrong guys, you should have started in your own back yard with investigations into G senior, G junior, Donny R and Dickie C along with a few others)

This was so obvious to almost all outsiders but to the citizens of America, those poor gullible dupes, they fell for his lies and pathetic policies hook line and sinker. Now, you are losing your liberties at a rate that is approaching light speed. Your previous president was so smart that during a photo shoot with a group of kids where he was reading to them, he made a "slight mistake" the book was upside down, then at another photo shoot he was looking through a pair of binoculars with the lens caps still on. My only embarasment was that (even though I didn't vote for him) our PM Howard (leader of the liberal party that gloated about how much money they were stashing away while pensioners were doing it tough) was his bosom buddy. Even now when I see a pic of GW, it makes me feel quite unwell. To think that such an individual was at one time the most powerful man on earth. It makes me shudder and worry at what might be just around the corner

edit on 16/6/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You guys are a big joke.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Don't beat around the bush, How do you really feel?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join