It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new Executive Order the spark.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

What doesn't make sense to me is why he would piss off half the nation to secure the Latino votes if you think he's gonna block the election anyways?
edit on 16-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
He did order subordinate agencies to stop enforcing and prosecuting existing laws....period, whatever you would like to call it. During an election year, when his approval rating is low, to pander to 'a few votes'....Why, what is the motivation for the act.

True -- why split hairs, but was just pointing out it wasn't an Executive Order. The order to not follow the laws of the land (may they be wrong or right) are clear, Executive notwithstanding; yet here we are with the President of the United States sidestepping established immigration law -- which may be convoluted or messed up -- but nonetheless ignoring laws set forth by the Legislature.

Why in the world would he throw this log onto the fire, not a single answer to this.....his handlers, as you reference, would have told him to try and salve over old wounds, not make bigger, deeper ones. What is the point?

The only honest outside view to that question? To garner votes. It was a deal with voters but not the top priority of the Federal Government; maybe 3 years ago it would have reached more than those who are now granted work permits.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

My theory was that it wasn't like the msm is saying, repeatedly, that he was pandering for a vote....he could care less, that this was an act to insight conflict...nothing more nothing less. And i didn't suggest he was looking to figure out a way around an election, i broached it as a topic created by others, bringing the theories together and asking if this was his finally separate the divide.
edit on 16-6-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotApplicable
These illegals they are referring to are more than likely brainwashed into the american dream theory... They want them to stay because it means more money for the corporations and more votes for the elected people who make it happen.

This is why I posted what I saw on the news: A sign reading -- "Proud to be an *undocumented* American". There was no desire nor consequence for becoming legal citizens before -- and for sure there is at least 2 years of absolutely not becoming one or even attempting.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Seems the man has gone suicidal.......
With all the hype about the illegals steaming across the borders of ajacent states and all the trouble with the Fast, and Furious gud smuggling they condoned under his watch.....Id say the citizens of these hyar Eunited States is gonna take some exceptions to his stance on illegals........
This guy must be a dam furiegner because he dont even think like an American.......Absolutey the furthest any president has ever been from the people of the country he runs....
Will he grant amnesty to those who are aready back in their own countries due to being deported ?
Can they sneak back too?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Ok, I'm going to imagine that there is something "not right here" Something is "Off"

So here is my thought: TPTB know the numbers of bodies in the United States. They know how many are Male and how many are female. Could it be that they know a big war is coming up, and they are making sure they have enough solders to fight it. Could there be a draft coming soon in our future?

I don't know. This was just a thought I had.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Wasn't Bush supposed to stop the LAST election with an executive order or false flag just before the election?

Ohhh it was an absolute certainty that he was going to be the new dictator of America.
He was going to be the last US president PERIOD!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't think this EO is that big of a deal.

It was just a political ploy the guy is trying to make people think "he cares". To tell you the truth I think it was a distraction from the Syria problem.

The white house didn't want the msm discussing the fact that Russia is sending troops into Syria which in turn means the U.S. waited too long and now has to sit back and watch the massacre with the rest of the world.

You may disagree but I promise the U.S. will not risk a conflict with Russia over Syria. Which means if they sent troops in then we won't. Can you imagine what would happen if we killed a Ruskie even if it was an accident.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

100% a side theory.......his number crunchers probably add that to the 'cost benefit analysis' however, i don't think that was the primary reason....an added value, yes.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ok, so you do have a theory. Would you ebaborate?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

We don't even have to get into any Obama as dictator conspiracies. This decision is bad politically. Obama is desperate. He's pulled 2-3 policies, that would traditionally be October surprises, out of his hat whenever he is reminded that Romney is not McCain and this is not 2008.

Immigration is what I'll call a boomerang issue. Like most 'culture war' issues, Americans are startlingly moderate when asked about the concepts in a vacuum. But when a politician throw's his position out too far to gain support, it WILL come back to hit him.

People think the practice should end, but are uncomfortable with cracking down on many who are already here. Try to end the practice too harshly, moderates will become outraged at your heartlessness. Appear to be inviting them in, moderates will suddenly VERY MUCH care about how the practice appears to affect jobs/budgets, etc.

Obama is trying to court the Latino vote in a moment of desperation. That's understandable. But he has made a huge mistake. Undecided and swing voters are going to see this as a move toward amnesty and favoring jobs for people who are not citizens over jobs for people who are citizens. This is an awful, awful mistake on Obama's part.

He should have stuck to the rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat

Ok, I'm going to imagine that there is something "not right here" Something is "Off"

So here is my thought: TPTB know the numbers of bodies in the United States. They know how many are Male and how many are female. Could it be that they know a big war is coming up, and they are making sure they have enough solders to fight it. Could there be a draft coming soon in our future?

I don't know. This was just a thought I had.

I think it's a good theory. I saw this somewhere else or a similar thought.

I do agree that it's more than merely a move to sway voters. If anything I bet he lost more swing votes than he gained.

Lets just say that I don't believe for a minute that this was done just to be nice. 'They' have something up their sleeve sneaky evil bastards.

Hmmmm...what are they up to now?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Thank you for replying to my post.
Like I said, it was just a thought. I think that sometimes we are digging to deep and we forget what is real. My mother always told me, "Less is best". Maybe we should be thinking less and look at what it is. KISS.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think Obama thinks he will gain new immigrant votes from this EO.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree with you. it seems like they are trying to start a civil war. The votes don't matter, they are not electoral votes. He has not done anything on this issue in all these years.

They now have drones all over the place and seem to be preparing to fight a battle on American soil. I think the states are being pushed and they want a response.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

The only thing that is going to happen. Is what's supposed to happen.

They don't need to declare martial law to keep me from voting.

edit on 15-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

So if you are saying that you won't vote, then in my opinion, you forfeit the right to complain about anything that goes down. I know of someone here in Oz who refused to enrol to vote (it's compulsory here) and every now and then he carries on about some point or another. My only comment to him is "you have no right to voice your opinion as you refuse to vote" His answer is well I'm just one vote, but with that one vote and say a thousand or so others who might think the same way, then the hung parliament we have may not be all that hung. So, if you won't vote (and I reckon any yank who refuses to get off his ars3 and do so is denying themselves the chance to speak out even if it's a donkey vote - same logic as the thousand or so down under) then imo, you should just put up with what you get. Heck, that attitude is probably one reason why you had such a dip stick before Obama. What a goose he was. Destroyed your domestic economy, invaded countries, was the perfect dumb puppet to TPTB. A drunk, stupid, easily led dupe who actually made it to the job of the most powerful man in the world. Talk about failing upwards.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

I just can't force myself to vote for criminals. and they are all criminals. Seeing that a vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil. I think my reasoning is rather sufficient. Besides, our vote is only for a puppet who is propped up as " The most powerful man in the world ". He does what the real power tells him to or else.

Franklin Roosevelt gave us a heads up along time ago about politicss in this country. He said, " Nothing in politics ever happens by chance or by acccident. If it happens ? You can be sure it was planned years in advance ".
That's why I said the only thing that is goingg to happen is what's suppose to happen. Doesn't sound like a complaint to me.

If you would like a better perspective on my attitude look at this thread.
BTW don't come at me with your superior british attitude and tell me how to act in my own country. especially when yours is simple common display of naivete'.
edit on 17-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join