It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds Around the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i've watched a lot of videos on youtube and these sound familiar like those aliens in the version of War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise.Whatever these sounds are they are sure creepy. Seems like the sky is falling apart.

What do you guys think it is, aliens? whales? polar shift or maybe an elaborate hoax?
edit on 15-6-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Alot of them are audio tracks ripped from movies and played over various settings. Red State seems to be a popular movie to take sounds from.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius

Alot of them are audio tracks ripped from movies and played over various settings. Red State seems to be a popular movie to take sounds from.

i know there are some fakes but this phenomenon is world wide, what about accounts from strange sounds from the sky heard in the 1800's?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There's no way to prove any of it's real or fake. And as most fads do, this one disappeared when people grew tired of it...much like other dookie subjects like Nibiru. All of a sudden no more sky sounds? To me it reeks of a hoax

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Videos are hoax. I have heard really loud sounds at night but it was actually construction and the weather was allowing the sound to travel further and louder than usual

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

I guess "alot" is rather relative. I wouldn't be surprised if SOME were. A lot? Mmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
ive personally experienced one of those storms, it was at night "around 12ish about a month ago" and i was in the country "cattaragus county ny" with no traffic or much of anything around and i herd a loud roaring in the sky that lasted for about an hour, woke me up and it had an erry feeling to it, i went outside looked up and didnt see a cloud in the sky just stars then it got real quiet after and i could hear the sounds in the woods again then it started to lightning real bad and it sounded like it hit alot of trees because i could hear the explosions. and no it wasnt a dream because the same thing was happening 5-8 miles from me as i was texting them on my phone.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I like how all the hype about it just stopped.....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I've never personally heard a loud noise from above and automatically thought it was generated by some unseen inexplicable force; but it's possible that one unknown leads to another. I hear sounds like gunfire sometimes when I'm inside... I just conclude that it's somebody shooting a gun or some kid with a firework.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmczkj11
ive personally experienced one of those storms, it was at night "around 12ish about a month ago" and i was in the country "cattaragus county ny" with no traffic or much of anything around and i herd a loud roaring in the sky that lasted for about an hour, woke me up and it had an erry feeling to it, i went outside looked up and didnt see a cloud in the sky just stars then it got real quiet after and i could hear the sounds in the woods again then it started to lightning real bad and it sounded like it hit alot of trees because i could hear the explosions. and no it wasnt a dream because the same thing was happening 5-8 miles from me as i was texting them on my phone.

Wait what? You were texting the sounds from your phone?

I'm pretty sure you just forgot to mention you were texting a friend or whatever i just found it kind of funny how you typed it.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Onomatopoeia FTW!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Onomatopoeia FTW!

I know what the word means but what are you trying to say, sorry.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well I think it's all a hoax
By the way I thought you were supposed to show a badge when placing me under grammar arrest.
edit on 15-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
i've watched a lot of videos on youtube and these sound familiar like those aliens in the version of War Of The Worlds with Tom Cruise.Whatever these sounds are they are sure creepy. Seems like the sky is falling apart.

What do you guys think it is, aliens? whales? polar shift or maybe an elaborate hoax?

I think most have been edited.There's been a few rare ones that seemed genuine.It's rather easy these days to hoax these kinds of videos.I think this falls into the "have to expierence to believe it" catergory for me.I've seen enough on here and out on the interwebs that were so poorly done that the ones that may be real are overlooked.It almost seems like a fad,especially on here."HEY GUYZ WIERD NOISE CAUGHT ON VID,MUST SEE REAL PROOF!!!!"

Seriously,as if all caps an exclamation points is going to make your video believable

edit on 15-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How many "sound" incidences were on news programs or actually recorded by news reporters?
Anyone Know?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
I like how all the hype about it just stopped.....

I know right? it's almost like the 'Lets try to make this real for youtube hits' folk realised their bandwagon wasnt fooling anyone and decided to stop.

Not that im insinuating any of these were hoaxed; god (and his cacophony of trumpets) forbid!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
In related news Taco Bell stock up 200% VOOOOT sorry ate Taco Bell...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

hoax I think

top topics

join