It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran May Be Building Secret Uranium Plant, Group Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Iran building secret plant?

Iran may be constructing a secret uranium enrichment plant outside of international nuclear safeguards, according to a report from the Institute for Science and International Security.
“Although suspicions are increasing that Iran is building a secret centrifuge plant, ISIS assesses that it is unlikely that Iran could currently have such a plant or finish one in the next year,” according to the report yesterday from the Washington-based research group.
Iran is already increasing its stockpiles of 19.75 percent low-enriched uranium which, with further processing, would be enough to fuel a single nuclear bomb “by early next year,” according to ISIS analysts David Albright and Christina Walrond.
If Iran “modestly expands” its capability to make 19.75 percent uranium consistent with its existing plans, it could have enough for a nuclear weapon by the end of 2012, they said. “Production of enough for a second nuclear weapon would take many additional months.

Is this actually going on in Iran? That is hard to tell. With all the recent anti Iran news, a lot of it is probably just war mongering propaganda. I think that there will be a strike on Iran before the election this November. Although I don't think the majority of the American people want it, I think it will happen. I have always said that I thought it would be Syria first and then Iran, but could it happen at the same time? Does the U.S. Have the manpower and support to do that?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I dunno bro. I don't think the worst warmonger on our side wants a nuclear war but you gotta ask yourself: How long will we allow Iran to build bigger and better technology...until they can hold the whole world at risk? Because they have no qualms about using it to wipe 'zion' off the planet. Our military - comparatively; is ahead of theirs in my opinion...but if we wait ten years and do nothing, who knows?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A little off topic but what if some one comes up with a way to do uranium enrichment that takes only days or even hours to do? The uranium enrichment process we use now is over 70 years old (or older). What is going to happen when it becomes a reality that you can dig up uranium ore today and have weapons grade by this time tomorrow? OK, lets forget about uranium, what about turning other things into weapons grade? As of now none of this can be done but some day it will then every country will have a nuke. Sorry for the off topic but I was just wondering.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If true?I find this terrible! Why should they be made to feel like they have to hide it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Another alarmist story from another policy bureau, fed to the eager press without having to present one shred of evidence to back up their assertions!

How many times over the last few years have we seen one story after another, all full of If's, Maybe's and conjecture from anonymous sources? The Israelis have been trying to get the rest of us to go bomb Iran for the last decade over the imminent threat that Iran is going to make a nuke and immediately drop it on Israel.

And yet, despite all the fear mongering, not one bit of evidence of a weapons programme and Iran has threatened nobody with fiery nuclear death and destruction. We have all heard so many times in the past that Iran is only months, a year, two years away from obtaining a nuclear weapon, and yet we are all still here, well past the time we were all supposed to have been killed by the evil Iranians, and those left converted to Islam under the 12th Imam.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Another alarmist story from another policy bureau, fed to the eager press without having to present one shred of evidence to back up their assertions!

How many times over the last few years have we seen one story after another, all full of If's, Maybe's and conjecture from anonymous sources? The Israelis have been trying to get the rest of us to go bomb Iran for the last decade over the imminent threat that Iran is going to make a nuke and immediately drop it on Israel.

Here is a link to a great article of Nima Shirazi. It describes how for now nearly 3 decades the spectre of a nuclear armed Iran has been used as a propaganda tool.

Facts rarely get in the way of American and Israeli fear-mongering and jingoism, especially when it comes to anti-Iran propaganda. For nearly thirty years now, U.S. and Zionist politicians and analysts, along with some of their European allies, have warned that Iranian nuclear weapons capability is just around the corner and that such a possibility would not only be catastrophic for Israel with its 400 nuclear warheads and state-of-the-art killing power supplied by U.S. taxpayers, but that it would also endanger regional dictatorships, Europe, and even the United States.

If these warnings are to be believed, Iran is only a few years away from unveiling a nuclear bomb...and has been for the past three decades. Fittingly, let's begin in 1984.

Then the article goes deeper into the different warnings. It is almost comic to read all those "expert"-predictions assembled in a single list. But the sad thing is, if a big lie is repeated often and loud enough, people don't require proof to believe it.
www.wideasleepinamerica.com...

top topics

join