It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Currency Trader Shuts Down For Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Major Currency Trader Shuts Down For Days

beforeitsnews.com

Due to the extreme volatility some market analysts foresee could result in the coming days, OANDA fxTrade will not accept any trading activity from 6:00 AM EST until approximately 3:00 PM EST, on Sunday, June 17, 2012. OANDA believes the convergence of a major market event during off-market hours represents a potential trading risk and has taken this rare step to protect traders from excessive rate fluctuations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.oanda.com

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
OANDA is a currency exchange outfit where you can trade currencies. (For those that do not know)

It is something to keep an eye opened for when a major player in the currency exchange world decides to halt trading just to see what is going to happen in the Greece elections.

My personal opinion is that the Euro is going to be smacked around and a lot of people are going to lose major funds.

It is also sad that trading is going to be closed as it is an opportunity to rake in some MAJOR pips!

The link below is directly from OANDA explaining their reason for closing.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have my entry orders in there....
no worries, tis but a thang.....I have a long ago posted target for the pound yen at 79.67 for you elliott wavers out there.
edit on 15-6-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind if they stay closed forever. It would prevent a lot of people of loosing their money, people who fall for this gambling scam and have false hopes about an easy source of income.
Sorry but I think forex trading is maybe the most idiotic job someone could do... buying and selling money for money without producing anything useful for society and on top of that risking an early heart attack because of the daily trading stress you have been exposed to over the years!
I was into it for more than a year (did both manual trading and EA programming) and just quit recently before I loose more money and further risk my health (call it a 'stoploss' on highest level if you want
).

Ko3
edit on 15-6-2012 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

if forex was a legitimate op - and not a scam - wouldnt " major rate fluctuations " - be exactly the time to trade forex ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A currency trading company will shut down on Jun 18?

Well, of course, it's the day that Greece is expected to pull out of the Euro.

They don't wanna take the risk of not knowing which way the market will jump if the far left win in Greece on Sunday.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well aware of this already.Starts here first in the Australian time zone.While everybody is panicing over the Euro Zone- Greece fallout Sunday/Monday depending on your time zone.I say this,watch the magicians other hand (the N.A.T.O alliance and Syria).

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

g'day zodiac. im still tr;ying to figure out your riddle from a previous thread....lol

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

g'day zodiac. im still tr;ying to figure out your riddle from a previous thread....lol

Gidday,BellaGirl.
How you doing? It's is a bit of a twist. Inside advantage I'm afraid LOL.However it is all in plain sight for all to see and everyday brings us closer.Good to see you on the boards again.Take care.
edit on 16-6-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Gidday,BellaGirl.
How you doing? It's is a bit of a twist. Inside advantage I'm afraid LOL.However it is all in plain sight for all to see and everyday brings us closer.Good to see you on the boards again.Take care.

aha just as i have suspected. would dearly love to know what "inside" advantage.

jeez i just hope your not just some pimple faced 13 year old with a high i.q.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Gidday,BellaGirl.

aha just as i have suspected. would dearly love to know what "inside" advantage.

Awwhh,you worked me out
,no far from it friend.Hope your not a 12yr old Bella (twighlight) fan.LOL.Try those clues,you might suprise yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Oh God! Head for the hills! Doom is coming!

And don't forget your girlfriends and boyfriends too. So you can reproduce more babies in the caves

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Gidday,BellaGirl.

Awwhh,you worked me out
,no far from it friend.Hope your not a 12yr old Bella (twighlight) fan.LOL.Try those clues,you might suprise yourself.

no. i dont mind saying ...... 44. and your driving me crazy with these bloody cluesn

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Nope, that is called gambling.
Oanda doing this to protect traders. Fluctuations is good, but too much of it is not good.
Its time to get out and sit on your hand

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

I dont follow the FX cash pairs but do look at the fx currency futures and there was a large move into the close of futures trading Friday (esp swiss francs and also GPB and USD). 300 SF points (or "pips" as the fx traders call a tick, presumably where we get the term pip squeak so the term pip means 'small' increment of price change).

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

yep, a pip is really a percentage interest point, and forex is safe and easy on your nerves if one has a written plan.....or just trades the timing on the London open, like me

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oanda is a market maker. A retail forex company that acts as the market maker for all your trades. They shade prices, widen spreads arbitrarily, and trade against you. Their basically modern day bucket shops. However you can open an account with a little as $250.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
swiss francs and also GPB and USD,,heres some more " insider information ",, from an outsider,,

u think their going too hide it,, in the Drachma,,

if u say hide what,,, go away.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
How shock waves will hit US if Greece drops euro

The worst case envisions governments defaulting on their debts, a run on European banks and a worldwide credit crunch reminiscent of the financial crisis in the fall of 2008.

Just in case the worst comes to pass, analysts at Barclay's have attempted to estimate the fallout. They say it would be like the days after the investment bank Lehman Brothers collapsed in September 2008. This time, they project that oil would fall to $50 a barrel, stock markets outside of Europe would plunge 30 percent, and the dollar would soar to trade nearly even with the euro.
hosted.ap.org...

top topics

join