It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian forces accused of sexual torture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Syrian forces accused of

www.abc.net.au

Syrian government forces have been accused of using sexual violence to torture men, women and children detained during the current conflict.

Human Rights Watch says it has interviewed 10 former detainees, including two women, who described being sexually abused or witnessing such abuse in detention.

This included "rape, penetration with objects, sexual groping, prolonged forced nudity and electroshock and beatings to genitalia," a statement said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
My Next Prediction - Related to Global Geopolitics
edit on 15-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If true this is horrific, the abuse of women and children certainly will bring more heat on to the regime and crys of action from western countries.

The New York-based group also says that soldiers and pro-government armed militias have sexually abused women and girls as young as 12 during home raids and military sweeps of residential areas.

My question would be how accurate is the reporting that is coming out of syria, I am reminded of this thread from the Professional where he predicted this

My next prediction

"My next prediction is related to the Syrian conflict where there rebel terrorists backed by NATO forces are trying out oust legitimately elected Syrian President Assad. We have seen the various propaganda tricks in use. My next prediction is this trick to be used: Women being raped by Assads army forces or something about women being killed by his forces. Expect it within a few weeks up to a few months max. "

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It does make me wonder how truthful of a report this is, after all it's from ABC and we know propaganda is being fed to the people. I could see this more as a lie to anger the citizens and have us calling out to go in there and protect them. That's just the foot in the door they need.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Yea, when there is a thread saying the next thing would be

within a few weeks up to a few months max.

and its spot on... But again, maybe just a coincidence...

Hard to turn your back on children being abused... how true are these reports though...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

To me there is nothing more evil than using rape as a tool of torture , torture is evil enough but to add this dimension to it one must be as deprived as a person gets , truly the bottom of the barrel .

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
These guys work for Bashar al-Assad
Very athletic
Must be on the soccer team

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Or maybe they are not on the Syrian the soccer team:

Death squads have swooped on villages and massacred women and children – slitting their throats or shooting them at point-blank range

www.mirror.co.uk...

Text
Ghost militia haunting Syria: ‘Killers on steroids’ do dirty work for regime

AMMAN — Tattooed youths with AK-47s descend from hilltops onto villages pounded by Syrian artillery and break into homes, slit the throats of women and children or hack them to death. They leave, sometimes carrying bodies to hide traces of the massacre.

Accounts like this from witnesses and opposition campaigners are heard with mounting frequency in north and central Syria, centres of the 15-month revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.

Invariably, activists blame the feared Shabiha militia, the most ruthless opponents of the uprising.
They have been described as “spare muscle clutching a gun” and by one doctor as killers on steroids. They are former criminals whose smuggling of diesel, drugs, weapons and electronics made them a fortune. But now the Shabiha, mostly Alawites, the same sect as the Assad clan, are intent on keeping the regime in power whatever the bloody cost.

The Syrian Network for Human Rights, an opposition group documenting Mr. Assad’s crackdown, said Shabiha militiamen entered the tiny Sunni village of Qubair Wednesday after tanks shelled houses and phone lines were cut.
They killed at least 78 civilians and took away 37 bodies

edit on 15-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

If the Syrian government is so hell bent on blaming the rebels for all of the killings / atrocities then they need to let journalists into the areas. The journalists know what they are getting into and there is a large number who would take the assignment.

We could at the very least be able to sift through whats real and whats BS.

I am leaning towards agreeing with the claims that the Syrian government is behind it all simply because they are going out of their way to keep whats going on under wraps.

Originally posted by solarstorm
"IF" this article has any truth to it, then let's see the pics?

Oh wait here they are.....but it's not of Syrian soldiers committing the atrocities but rather, United States soldiers committing the atrocities.

[SNIP]

edit on 15-6-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

I would respond in kind by showing atrocities committed by radical muslims and arab countries but unfortunately showing a hostage have his head cut off or showing a prisoner being tied between 2 cars resulting in one arm being ripped off would most likely get me a post ban if not perma ban.

So how about we stay on topic and resist the urge to turn yet another thread into an I hate the US propoganda bitch fest? There are plenty of those already around you can go complain in.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted T&C violations

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just more lies.
Still no proof.
Stop helping western terrorists ring the war bell.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is a fellow with a military ID
He is in the Syrian Special Forces

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This fellow has an interesting story to tell

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
ABC is not a credible news source.NDAA has made it legal to print propaganda in American media.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
First its pics or it didn’t happen
Now it’s a problem with a news source
Here is the same man same story independently verified

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Fake Syrian Ids have been issued to Kuwaitis rebel fighters of the FSA.Do you think it is difficult to give fake army uniforms? While both sides have issues,FSA is far more criminal .

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Most syrians are not bearded mullahs.They are secular.FSA are full of mullah type arabs ,tunisians and pakistanis.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I would respond in kind by showing atrocities committed by radical muslims and arab countries but unfortunately showing a hostage have his head cut off or showing a prisoner being tied between 2 cars resulting in one arm being ripped off would most likely get me a post ban if not perma ban.

Majority of the atrocities are by FSA .FSA is full of radical muslims.Syrians are secular on the other hand.Why does the syrian army have more losses than civilians and insurgents? wondered about it?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Nothing more then propaganda like in Libya.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What a sad bit of living in that place
فيديو يوضح من هم الذين يقتلون الشعب حقيقة منذ بداية الثورة
This video shows the truth about who are killing and beating the Syrian people which are the Syrian Security Forces with the aid of the Syrian army
ENGLISH SUBTITLE IS AVAILABLE

edit on 16-6-2012 by redneck13 because: n

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join