It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems of today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hello my dear ATS members, This will be my first thread ever here on ATS so moderators if it's in the wrong forum please move it. Thank you.

* Why was this thread created? *

I'm making this thread in hopes of sharing my thoughts with the many of you who in a sense still feel a little lost and still haven't really figured out "what is wrong" I can't say that my thoughts are the correct ones either or that it is the ultimate truth of the things I choose to bring up, I only want what I talk about here to be a start for you to maybe, See things from a different angle than your own, Also this won't bring you all the answers, You have to do a lot of researching on your own to back up a lot of what I say.
This thread might also be one of many that I will create in the future. Why? Because I feel that with comments alone I can't get my message through. And English is not my first language so I apologize for any sentences that might read out strange for you natives.

* Let's Begin! *

With the subject that many people think that there is too many people on this earth, Let's just say this is completely false.
Really? Then why is people starving because of lack of food? Well there is enough food produced today for 10 billion people, We are currently 7 billion people on this earth so why are people starving? Most food today is being thrown away.
Imagine if profit wasn't the goal for everything today, This food that are left over could by example be frozen down and sent to places where food is needed. I know this is not an perfect idea but it might be better than how it's currently being handled, Burned or piled up in a monster garbage pile. Example

But hey isn't sending food all over the world gonna use a lot of oil?
Truth is that we as a species should of stopped to use oil as means of transportation a long time ago, Not only is it bad for nature itself it also creates a lot of other problems like war, That's no secret.
There are many different technologies that are being suppressed that could easily change how we transport ourselves and our resources, What kind of technologies? you can find out with a little research on your own, There is a lot of alternatives.
Then why are we still using oil? Well imagine if you where the head of an oil company. You make millions a day, maybe there is something that tells you that you want to continue making the money you earn from it... But now if I got all that money can't I simply invest in the new means of technologies so I would continue making more money? Well you could but the market is not that big because the rest of the world is dependent on oil and you make a lot of money and want to keep it that way, so why change it?

Ok, Then what about limited resources? We all know they aren't infinite right? Well what if I told you that we do things completely wrong. That things are being produced like there is no tomorrow with no consideration about how much there is of everything already produced?
That if there is too much of something, The value of that produce drops in an instance and people, usually farmers(Now that we are talking about food) loose a lot of money and most likely everything else they have worked hard for. In some industries they even burn the produce to increase the scarcity so the value goes up, Kind of stupid right? Not in the eyes of a company who's only goal is profit.

Then how can we change this pattern of producing resources, And not let them get to waste? In my eyes there has to be a kind of database that is global, Look things like this is already done but on a local scale(Bar codes anyone?). It's just about increasing the level of it. You would also have to examine all the resources the earth can offer.
You would also have to examine what produce can be offered to the local area and not shipped to the other side of the world when the exact same resource can be produced in an area nearby but at a higher cost. This won't happen in our society because profit means everything today. Money is destroying us by controlling how we use our resources.

Then how about the land? Certainly we are running out of space to hold everyone? No... Maybe you get this feeling because you live in a city with a few million of people then this is understandable when you read in the paper that we are too many all the time.
There is so much land we can use but we have something called borders, Imaginary lines on the earth that control where you can go and can't go and what resources your country has. Imagine a world without borders, You could move where ever you wanted, Don't think that everyone would move to your city and kill your culture as I hear a lot of the times I bring this up. No one kills the culture than you! yes YOU. You are the one who is supposed to celebrate certain days etc, Why should you care if other people does the same on their days but in your country?

They took my job! if you believe this then well... You have a lot to learn still. This falls back on the company who's again only interest is to make more money and save as much as possible, it's not the persons who fled their countries fault. They as much as you probably don't enjoy war or poverty and just like you want to make money so your family can survive.

They come here and create problems, crimes and rape our women, Again you have much to learn. Study the ways they are treated in society, Usually grouped together in places where crime already is high and poverty as well... But what create crimes? Money.. Usually the person who robs another don't have a job and lack any other "skills" or education and can't get a job because the market won't let him, Or they can't even afford to get an education. Also there is just as many rapers of your kind as of theirs, You just don't read as much about it because they like to keep us hating and separated.

You talked about no borders before then what about government? Surely you can't have a world government decide everything... Well no, Not really but humanity needs to grow up, Accept that this earth is for everyone and a world government that deals with how the resources get shifted around, where things are needed, Keep track of how much we have etc that is what they could do, But in my eyes we don't need them.. We could have a system that ties all of this information together and calculates examples for us to follow,
What about jobs that gets moved around when depending on the resources? Well you aren't tied to an area anymore, And likely in a society like this education would be free and improved in a way so you don't waste time and learn what you really need, Not like in today's brainwashing institute.

And finally I would like to remove money as means of trade as a whole, Everything could be free for everyone and we all could live in abundance... But we don't. yet...

" End Words "
For the moment I have run out of things to write about, But I have only just scratched the surface of things and in the future I will go in to more detail about things I write about here and also a lot of other topics, I hope you enjoyed the reading and I also hope it brought many questions and thoughts to your mind and that is really all I wanted with it.

Please don't come with one liners and think that you are funny, You aren't. Bring something to talk about instead, Much fore fun that way you know.

Namaste

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I agree with most of what you say.

There is PLENTY of room on this earth, we are deliberately restricted to give the impression we're running out of space. This makes us easier to control and keeps property prices high.

Food. I agree again. There is no reason for people to be starving, but its profitable so they starve.

No borders. I dont agree entirley with that idea, some places could not stand it. Imagine how many people would want to go and live on a nice sunny island, it would be chaos.

No Money. Good Idea but will take decades. I think everything should be free and I think work should be voluntary. Some will shriek at that idea but thats beause they dont understand that technology can automate most of it and also many people would be happy to volunteer if they had nothing else to do.
People need to understand that the world is only the way it is because its been designed for creating wealth wheras it should be designed for living a happy life.

Too tired too type any more.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

No borders. I dont agree entirley with that idea, some places could not stand it. Imagine how many people would want to go and live on a nice sunny island, it would be chaos.

No Money. Good Idea but will take decades. I think everything should be free and I think work should be voluntary. Some will shriek at that idea but thats beause they dont understand that technology can automate most of it and also many people would be happy to volunteer if they had nothing else to do.
People need to understand that the world is only the way it is because its been designed for creating wealth wheras it should be designed for living a happy life.

Too tired too type any more.

Well I can see what you say about a nice sunny island, Then again the earth is quite big and there are a number of island, Plus we can always make our own or even build cities that are out at sea so I don't really think it would be a problem, plus a lot of people like it cold too

About transition from money, I don't reckon it would take that long actually... Just think about how fast everything in our world today changes, With so many people connected to the internet information gets through.. I don't know how many times faster than through other means of communication. Most I think would need to hear it from their TV before they could accept such a change. I am sure that in the start there would be some chaos but it could be handled in other ways than saying, Ok guys everything is free go for it! a lot of people still lost would not understand the deeper meaning and would probably hoard a lot of stuff.. therefor you would have to implement it in such a way that we .. get used to it and information about it all is wide spread first. And I totally agree with you about volunteers... I mean was Einstein payed at first? Don't think so. His passion got him to where he came and his drive to help everyone did it as well. People need to step out of their little bubble

new topics

join