It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the world hate me, or is just my luck?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Manhater

Does the world hate me, or is just my luck?

You won't believe me, but...

The world is a picture of our expectations, based on the way we truly feel about ourselves.

The more global the issue, the more it reflects humanity as a whole.
The more personal/immediate the issue, the more it reflects our personal struggles.

Subconsciously you expect all these things to happen to you, and make decisions which will most likely lead you to the negative outcome that you expect. (Like choosing the name Manhater...?)

A state that few will ever achieve is one where we have no issues to deal with in life - which would mean we have achieved a perfectly balanced mind... In this sense, Life is the is the ultimate mind game.

As sucky as that is to accept at times I agree with you. It makes sense once you have had time to think about it without anger or hurt clouding those thoughts. I have often dreaded something so badly that I believe it did indeed affect the outcome, simply because my perception of it was skewed by that dread. We all do it from time to time. A lot of us won't admit it though.

It is hard to blame your self for sure. Not saying that it is ALWAYS the persons fault, but I do believe at least half of the time a better perception could help things just a bit.

Excellent post!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

As sucky as that is to accept at times I agree with you.

I can't follow the advice myself!
Like the OP, I also feel like an outcast, but I know it's all in my head.
Most people want constant validation that they are worth (or worthy of) something.

I saw the Matrix 5 times in the theater when it came out.. it made me think hard about what is real, and what our real limitations are. There's a side of me that says I could do so much more, and then another side that says it doesn't matter what I do, it only matters how I feel.

Sometimes we feel friendless, but even having friends is a struggle for balance.
Life is a process of reaching inward as well as reaching outward - until we get tired of reaching.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

As sucky as that is to accept at times I agree with you.

I can't follow the advice myself!
Like the OP, I also feel like an outcast, but I know it's all in my head.
Most people want constant validation that they are worth (or worthy of) something.

I saw the Matrix 5 times in the theater when it came out.. it made me think hard about what is real, and what our real limitations are. There's a side of me that says I could do so much more, and then another side that says it doesn't matter what I do, it only matters how I feel.

Sometimes we feel friendless, but even having friends is a struggle for balance.
Life is a process of reaching inward as well as reaching outward - until we get tired of reaching.

I am definitely picking up what you are putting down. I am the exact same way. I don't seek as much validation for my personality as I do for things like my work ethic. I am friendless as well. My mother is the closest thing to a friend that I have. But, I don't like people and yes I know how that sounds too.
What I mean to say, is that I would rather be alone most of the time. I enjoy the solitude, but those feelings still creep in even for a loner.

I feel for the OP, as I spent years feeling the same way. There is no easy answer I don't think. A lot of us are hard wired the same way. The feeling that you could be doing so much more is a clincher as well. That's a real hard one to shake.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What I mean to say, is that I would rather be alone most of the time. I enjoy the solitude, but those feelings still creep in even for a loner.

I'm a loner by choice too... crowds annoy me.

I have 3 outlets that allow me to connect with the world and keep my distance:
-Chatting on the internet (obviously)
-Computer programming, which I do alone and can share with others
-Writing music (same benefit as the programming)

If I didn't have these creative outlets I would simply go bonkers!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Gotta love first world problems.

It's all about perspective really..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well i got potato duty today...

Vacuum the whole store.

ugh and the shelves were nasty, that you could put an antique on there and blow the dust off, yeah I bleached those too.
Can't stand dust, it's so annoying.

My house is a mess though.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join