It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Only non-whites get heckled. Never in the history of the human race has a white person been heckled. The only people that can possibly be heckled are non-whites, because heckling is racist. And as everyone knows, only whites are racist.

End of today's lesson.

/TOA

Comedians. Comedians of any color, because comedians, regardless of the color, are a lower class of person, which is why there is never any smug outrage when a comedian gets heckled. No news pundits and talking heads will run a story about how a comedian was heckled, no newspaper headline lamenting a comedian that was heckled, no threads created about it, and if I'm not mistaken, the Constitution for the United States of America allows for heckling comedians and has declared them only 1/5th of a person, and a special provision was written in the 14th Amendment making sure comedians couldn't vote just to minimize the write in votes for Mickey Mouse.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

Julian Epstein said on the channel this afternoon.

First off...Of course a white President would get heckled

Secondly...who the hell is Julien Epstien and why should I care?

Oh that's right...you'd like folks to pretend that Julien Epstien speaks for half of America so you have an excuse to launch a race-baiting thread...

Well..off to the "races"...maybe someone will even start spouting racist nonsense...that's always fun on ATS!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShrewdThinking
reply to post by habitforming

Just visit things that have to do with Obama on Facebook and I'm sure you'll see many posts like that, t'is ofcourse where I got it.

So nobody says that then.
I never heard one person say it. I am not sure why you read stuff on facebook from supposed people you do not like anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

In case you forgot..you said this:

Has a white president ever... Been heckled by congress? Interrupted by a member of the press corp? Called Un-American by sitting representatives?

Did you watch the video of him being booed BY CONGRESS during the State of the Union Speech...yes people denied he was heckled..YOU denied it.....bye bye.

edit on 20-6-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

In case you forgot..you said this:

Has a white president ever... Been heckled by congress? Interrupted by a member of the press corp? Called Un-American by sitting representatives?

Did you watch the video of him being booed BY CONGRESS during the State of the Union Speech...yes people denied he was heckled..YOU denied it.....bye bye.

edit on 20-6-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Well, I know the difference between someone heckling you and an audience booing you. Maybe someone can explain it to you.
I am still waiting for ONE example of what I asked for.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Well, I know the difference between someone heckling you and an audience booing you. Maybe someone can explain it to you.

You very clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Heckle:

1. To try to embarrass and annoy (someone speaking or performing in public) by questions, gibes, or objections; badger.

Booing:

1. A sound uttered to show contempt, scorn, or disapproval.

Booing is a form of heckling and is undeniably an objection.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You are easily confused by things that are similar are you?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

The semantics game is getting old. The horse has expired.

In recent years, the members of Congress (both parties) have lost the sense of decorum that was previously shown to Presidents. If you want to live in a fantasy world where Obama is the only President that has ever been shown public derision, that is fine. I don't think we can convince you of the reality of the situation

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by habitforming

The semantics game is getting old. The horse has expired.

In recent years, the members of Congress (both parties) have lost the sense of decorum that was previously shown to Presidents. If you want to live in a fantasy world where Obama is the only President that has ever been shown public derision, that is fine. I don't think we can convince you of the reality of the situation

I am sorry that you refuse to accept reality. I have shown you what has happened to Obama and none of you can find it ever happening to any president before him. You can pretend all you want but it does not change reality.

No member of Congress ever yelled at the president during an address before ever.
No member of the press corp ever interrupted the president during an address before.
There was no witch hunt among sitting Representatives to privately claim to be fighting to prove Obama is not legitimate yet always backtrack when the media gets a hold of it.

Your entire argument is "Yeah people have reached a whole new level of disrespect for the president but I remember congress booing in the past so whatever."
Well if booing mattered then maybe you would have something.

How many closet birthers told their constituents that Obama is not American only to turn around and apologize to the nation when it gets passed around? When did that happen to a white president?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

When an "opinion" continually relies upon deceit to form that opinion it is of the most odious sort. There is no "confusion" between booing and heckling and playing the ridiculous game of semantics calling them "similar" is not going to work. Booing is a form of heckling. Always has been and always will be.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So people who type things on Facebook aren't actually saying that? Are you telling me I'm reading things that aren't actually there? I wasn't aware you could see through my eyes, or that you searched every post on Facebook that had to do with Obama.

Secondly, when did I say I never liked them? Whats wrong with me reading what people think on both sides.

I have a feeling your just doing this to make people rage. Heh, in which case I actually got a laugh out of what you said because it's really hard to take you seriously if you actually believe that people only heckle Obama because hes black. Also wheres the reply to me stating hes just a bad president? I was hoping for a reply to that one

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"Joe Wilson's 15 minutes of infamy notwithstanding, Democrats were pretty rough on George W. Bush during a joint sessions a few years back.

Two examples:

In 2004, Democrats delivered a “Chorus Of Boos” during Bush's Bush’s State Of The Union when he called for renewal of the Patriot Act., according to the Washington Times.

In 2005, Dems howled, hissed and shouted "No!" when Bush pushed for Social Security reform in the SOU: "Foreshadowing the contentiousness of the coming debate, Democrats broke decorum and booed twice," according to the National Journal.

At the time, CNN's Bill Schneider remarked, “It was unusual. I had never heard it at least at that level before. The Democrats clearly were booing, heckling, saying no when the president talked about the crisis in Social Security.""

www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Would a black president get assassinated?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShrewdThinking

The booing has been covered and it was not one of the things I asked about either time. If you want to compare apples to oranges then do it to each other.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

When an "opinion" continually relies upon deceit to form that opinion it is of the most odious sort. There is no "confusion" between booing and heckling and playing the ridiculous game of semantics calling them "similar" is not going to work. Booing is a form of heckling. Always has been and always will be.

Whatever you say.
If you cannot understand the things I post then stop replying to them. I keep pointing to very specific actions and all you can do is say Bush was booed. How about responding to my actual points?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShrewdThinking

So people who type things on Facebook aren't actually saying that? Are you telling me I'm reading things that aren't actually there? I wasn't aware you could see through my eyes, or that you searched every post on Facebook that had to do with Obama.

What I am saying is that you attributed a statement to ALL liberals but when asked where you heard it, it only exists on your facebook perusals. So how does that mean all Liberals even think it? How many liberals facebook posts are you reading?

Secondly, when did I say I never liked them? Whats wrong with me reading what people think on both sides.

Nothing unless it is what you do with your facebook page. Then it is just dickish.

I have a feeling your just doing this to make people rage. Heh, in which case I actually got a laugh out of what you said because it's really hard to take you seriously if you actually believe that people only heckle Obama because hes black. Also wheres the reply to me stating hes just a bad president? I was hoping for a reply to that one

I said people only heckle him because he was black?
When did I say that?

What is there to respond to? Bush was still way worse on many levels and still treated with far more respect by his fellow elected officials than Obama has been.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

If you cannot understand the things I post then stop replying to them. I keep pointing to very specific actions and all you can do is say Bush was booed. How about responding to my actual points?

I've said far more than Bush was booed. If you can't understand the words I post then stop replying to them. I keep pointing to very specific actions and all you can do is say nuh-uh. How about being honest for a change.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

How about being honest for a change.

How about that?
When do you start?
I asked the same question over a half a dozen times in this thread and you cannot answer it. All you can do is ramble on about booing. You lie all over ATS as it is and there really is no point in my responding to you after you have repeatedly ignored my actual point. Get someone else to argue for you. Someone I do not blow off as soon as I see the avatar for being a liar anyway might help.
Let me know when you can answer my questions and maybe we can finally move forward.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
[more

I asked the same question over a half a dozen times in this thread and you cannot answer it.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, you ask a lot of pointless off topic questions that have nothing to do with this thread, while pretending that the clear and present heckling of other Presidents prior to Obama isn't heckling. You ask your pointless questions to deflect and derail. Hardly a shining example of honesty.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

[more

I asked the same question over a half a dozen times in this thread and you cannot answer it.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, you ask a lot of pointless off topic questions that have nothing to do with this thread, while pretending that the clear and present heckling of other Presidents prior to Obama isn't heckling. You ask your pointless questions to deflect and derail. Hardly a shining example of honesty.

The question I have asked repeatedly is when was the last time any of those things I listed happened to a white president. If you can tell me how that is off topic I am done with ATS forever.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join