It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Can we back up a minute here? Was this a case of heckling or a case of a REPORTER asking a question ?? Seriously.....I am asking ???

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

I am going to call...not heckling...

I think the problem is the frustration with this 'dictator" who spouts off his illegal actions and literally runs away....he ran away after he said he was bypassing congress and trashing the constitution....I think if I was there i would have threw a shoe at him.
edit on 16-6-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Following his exchange with the President, Munro claimed to have mistimed his question, though he later wrote an article defending his decision to press a president who, he wrote, "has often used this no-questions strategy when making important or poll-boosting announcements." "Sometimes, the president does answer shouted questions. At the end of a March 23 Rose garden event, for example, he answered a shouted question about Trayvon Martin, a Florida youth killed in February," Munro wrote. "On Friday The Daily Caller asked a question as his speech appeared to be ending."

www.politico.com...

It appears the Pres doesn't mind shouted out questions if they are racially charged questions about Trayvon.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You know those Presidents that got shot in the head?

They weren't heckled. Cuz they were white.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Anyways, I just looked up the word Heckle, and it appears we are misusing it in modern lexicon.

heckle etymology

heckle (v.) early 14c., "to comb (flax or hemp) with a heckle;" from heckle (n.) or from related M.Du. hekelen. Figurative meaning "to question severely in a bid to uncover weakness" is from late 18c. "Long applied in Scotland to the public questioning of parliamentary candidates" [OED]. Related: Heckled; heckling.

heckle (n.) "flax comb," c.1300, hechel, perhaps from an unrecorded O.E. *hecel or a cognate Germanic word (cf. M.H.G. hechel, M.Du. hekel), from P.Gmc. *hakila-, from PIE *keg- "hook, tooth" (see hook).

So it originated with the idea of combing, as in "straightening out".

Essentially "heckling" would be the act of "Public questioning of officials" and usually I assume it would be yelling since at large public gatherings it can be hard to hear.

The way we are using the word heckle, is almost as if it's a negative thing. Like it's trolling, or screaming obscenities disrupting a gathering.

Was Obama heckled? I guess per the primary definition historically yes, he was.
Did it have to do with race? Nah, it's probably because he's President of the USA....

Do people of any race get heckled on the street by reporters? No...because they aren't public officials.

Who chose to misuse this terminology in the first place?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Doesn't every citizen have a right to heckle (publicly question) their officials which impose laws upon them?
How is it shameful or dishonorable to do so?

The only reasonable issue in this specific 'case', is that the reporter could have waited patiently a moment longer to ask the question. But it really doesn't matter, people interrupt me all the time. Not a big deal.

What you think some human is worthy enough to stand up and dictate to us without being interrupted every once in awhile?

I don't live on my knees, and anyways interrupting someone is totally not an actual issue now is it?
Can you say "Media Distraction Tactics"? The MSM is in high gear with this utter tripe, meanwhile actual stuff is happening in reality that we aren't talking about. Sleight of hand.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Think about it.
We just had a Psy-Op played on us over the years, and it worked.

With a word. That's why it's so powerful and cunning.

Everyone I know associates the word "heckle" with "harassment, disturbance, distasteful public display".

But it doesn't mean that. It means "questioning public officials".

So we were brainwashed subliminally with context language to associate "heckle"/"question public official" with negative aspects. When in reality heckling is a patriotic thing and a citizen's right and Duty!

Holy crap we are so brainwashed. I didn't even realize it till I researched for some history facts.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And if the person really did something wrong? They would get charged with one or more:
Harassment
Threatening Public Official
Making Public Disturbance
Etc

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
All this time they would call these 'ambush journalists' - 'hecklers'.

Look at all this negative terminology!
It's carefully crafted to mold our perceptions.

They are really good at this. I'll give them that.

Have you ever heckled a public official? If not, is this a good or bad thing? Are we proud of ourselves ?

I feel really guilty honestly now that I realize I was participating in propagating half truths from a ignorant position. By simply misusing a little word in improper context.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, throwing a shoe is considered one of the worst insults in the Islamic world. But it is a funny pic.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks to whoever posted a vid I was able to watch. Well the Prez got a bit rattled and indignant. He just knows it's the "right thing to do". Where is the humanist philosophy of whatever you want is what is the thing to do???? Oh wait, that is what the Prez wants so he's going to do it. But it really sounded like a lecture from the pulpit. Maybe he finally let Rev wright write his speech.
edit on 16-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, throwing a shoe is considered one of the worst insults in the Islamic world. But it is a funny pic.

Throwing a shoe isn't heckling however.
It's assault.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
People need to chill out and be more polite as a rule. Speak to people as you would like to be spoken too.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

reply to post by sonnny1

It's assault.

Good point. It really was a display of disrespect I never saw toward any other Prez.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes... it always starts with the heckling...

and then some...

I am sorry for your loss

edit on 16-6-2012 by Opspeculate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

reply to post by sonnny1

It's assault.

Good point. It really was a display of disrespect I never saw toward any other Prez.

I would have to say the JFK assassination video is the most disrespectful thing I have seen toward a president.
Since I guess you haven't seen it, don't. It's pretty gross.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

jesus christ, people are stupid. seriously.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have to laugh at one of the worst presidents in history being used in the OP...if only those Reagan supporters knew what his changes would do to our nation....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes because asking questions as a reporter is heckling now. How about this traitor wants to hand out the rest of the 0 jobs we have over to illegals? No, the guy doing his job is the problem not the sell out president that should be impeached.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He deserves no more respect than a bowel movement. I think more people need to do this to this POS POTUS and I could care less if someone calls me racist.

In fact, I am a homophobic, racist, politically incorrect American. I suspect a lot of people are just like me. In the last few years, if you disagree with these anti American terrorists you are labeled as such. Just call me Archie Bunker or George Jefferson. I could care less and I sleep well.
edit on 16-6-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join