It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inge Marler, Arkansas Tea Party Leader, Resigns After Racist Joke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No tea partier has anything to say about it?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
No tea partier has anything to say about it?

I guess there all obsessed with the immigration issue.

Who has time to look in the mirror and confront what is wrong?
edit on 16-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I find it offensive and disgusting.

I am amazed at how many politically motivated groups claim support of the Constitution as a primary goal, yet their words and actions demonstrate the polar opposite.

Even more disconcerting is how often I see people jump on these groups band wagon lured simply by the "Support of the Constitution" claims, then proceed to accept everything these groups claim as being true to the Constitution and the ideals this country was created on....when in reality they are supporting the destruction of various parts of the Constitution and the ideals this country as founded upon.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
These people are morons and make normal americans look bad. It's definately not indicative of the general consensus, I'm sure.
Politics- nothing to see here. Nothing unusual. Remember the bush protests?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The problem I see is that the TEA Party is in fact the political arm of a white supremacist movement. They wouldn't get many people on their side by coming straight out and saying that they don't like blacks, Hispanics, or Muslims, so they have to code their hatred behind other things like "entitlements" or "illegal immigrants" or (well, they are pretty open with their bigotry for all Muslims)

But at it's core, the TEA Party movement has always been about closeted racism and bigotry. It's always been about a desire to return to 1950's America, that they all believe is the golden age.

They want a leave it to beaver/my three sons existence. They are indeed angry about Obama's idea of Change, because to them, they feel that "change" is racial demographics.

They believe that America was founded as a Christian nation. But it's not, the whole idea behind freedom of religion is the freedom to practice and believe WHATEVER religion you choose.

They believe that America's official language is English. But it's not, we have no official language because that would limit freedom of speech. Besides the fact that there are many different languages spoken regularly in this country. English, Spanish, French, Redneck, Ghetto, New Jersey, Barbara Walters.

They have Rush Limbaugh, FOX News, WND, & The Blaze lying to them constantly, pushing these ideas into their heads, putting carefully managed code words for racist and bigoted ideas into their vocabulary every day and they don't see through it.

They are angry, and they are blaming everyone except the right people for that anger. They wake up every single day angry and afraid. And they don't know what to do about it. They can't simply just say what they feel or too few would accept their ideology. So they carefully manipulate that anger into something that the average person can accept. They carefully craft lies, then disseminate those lies through their media outlets to the gullible and confused.

But then, stories come along like this one, and crack the veil of what is really at the heart of the TEA Party movement and the supporters either fall silent as they have in this thread, or they exclaim that not all TEA Party members are racist. Which is true. Not all TEA Party members are racist. Many of them if they understood what they were really parroting wouldn't give the TEA Party the time of day.

These people have been force fed lies and brainwashed to believe anything their trusted sources of information tell them, and when it's revealed that they have been duped, they get angry and defensive, not really defending the actions of the people who have lied to them, but defending themselves because they truly didn't understand what they signed up for and endorsed.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Richard Caster and the rest of his Ozark Tea Party crew had to say those things to put some distance between them and Inge Marler to save face. If it hadn't been for the video making it's way to the Web, none of them would have said a thing, just swept it under the rug.

reply to post by RealSpoke

Sure that wasn't a Klan meeting?
That's disturbing.

Haven't you heard? The KKK is no longer racist, according to their spokesperson April Chambers: "We're not racists, we just want to be with white people. If that's a crime, then I don't know. It's all right to be black and Latino and proud, but you can't be white and proud. I don't understand it."

No one cares if you just want to be with white people. But don't lynch a black person or drag a black man to death behind your pickup truck and then claim to not be racists.

Both these incidents show how out of touch with reality racists can be, they can't even see their behavior or offensive jokes as racist.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I would have to agree. At first I wasn't so sure and just thought that the racist label was just political name calling, but as time went on it became pretty apparent.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The bad thing is the joke wasn't even racist.

The best comedy always has a hint of the truth to it. That's what makes it funny.

I'm so glad the internet is becoming a more dangerous place for people like you. Keep running that mouth ;-)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't think she thought of it as racist, more of a jab at people that claim everything is racist. I could see reworking that punch line into a very funny joke. The welfare thing was a bit much. Also, the crowd didn't sound very supportive. Don't know how many people were in attendance but that sounded like a few people just trying to make the poor lady feel better after making an ass of herself.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't think she thought of it as racist, more of a jab at people that claim everything is racist. I could see reworking that punch line into a very funny joke. The welfare thing was a bit much. Also, the crowd didn't sound very supportive. Don't know how many people were in attendance but that sounded like a few people just trying to make the poor lady feel better after making an ass of herself.

Errr, how in the hell could she have thought that was not racist? Are you okay in the head?(serious question since you also refer to the racist piece of trash as "the poor lady")

Even with the racist accent...you still think she did not know it was racist? That's a preposterous claim.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
BYE BYE TEA PARTY!!!!!!

Good riddance to those clan of [color=gold]WEALTHY-CODDLING, [color=limegreen]pro-big-business-corruption, [color=gold]corporate-welfare-loving, [color=limegreen]anti-workers-rights, [color=gold]anti-environment, [color=limegreen]anti-teacher-and-education, [color=gold]anti-women-rights, [color=limegreen]union-busting, [color=gold]religous-extremist, [color=limegreen]war-loving, [color=gold]middle-class-hating bastards.

Good riddance.

edit on 15-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

I was confused for a second. When you said "wealthy coddling, pro-big-business-corruption", I thought you were talking about Democrats! Glad you stayed true to form at the end there, though!

OP, and other less than intelligent: The TEA Party is no more or less racist than the Democratic party. You point to individual members of the TEA Party that spout racist filth, jump up and down with your index finger outstretched, and say "SEE?!?! I told you they were all racist!!"

Yet, the silence is deafening when the Black Panthers arrive. Or someone mentions Robert Byrd. Or Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the creation of the Ku Klux Klan...the list goes on and on.

But the Democrats aren't racist.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think a big problem is the all or none attitude to the situation of race/welfare. Most of what is shown are black people being interviewed in the welfare lines, and of those, only the ones who act stupid with the "Obama money" comments. Most that gets shown of tea party or liberal movements is the stuff considered racist or entitling. There are a lot of people who have never met or interacted with any of these people, but accept these samplings as representative of the majority of the groups being shown. I've known a handful of welfare recipients, all unfortunately, just like the bad examples shown all the time and they were black and white, not just black.. I've also known some folks, black and white, who needed help but could not qualify for it because they "made too much". I can't make sweeping statements about either group of people because I only personally experienced a very small fraction of these folks and know better than to turn that into "all" or "none". But many many people only know what they see through media. It's rarely "everyone" or "no one". Rarely "always" or "never". But too many people let those extremes inform their views because it's easier to hate a group -any group- than to really identify the problem or issue.

I don't know if she is racist or not. Maybe she saw it as a shot at democrats/liberals and not at black people. Maybe she did mean it as a shot at black people. What I see as the real problem is that she obviously felt comfortable enough with this group to get up and tell the joke and think they would like it too.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by torque

How could she or anyone not realize this is racist or defend this?

“A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what’s a democracy?’

“‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po’ folks can get all our benefits.’

“‘But mama, don’t the white folk get mad about that?’

“‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that’s called racism.’”

Marler claims that she will no longer use the joke to begin her speeches.

"That be"?
"Us po’ folks"?
"They sho do"?

Guess she thinks all black people speak like that. Maybe she did a little shuck and jive too, while caricaturing her view of southern black speech. Was she wearing black face too?

Worse is implying that only blacks are on welfare and too lazy to work. Maybe someone should tell her there are more whites on welfare than black.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

OP, and other less than intelligent: The TEA Party is no more or less racist than the Democratic party. You point to individual members of the TEA Party that spout racist filth, jump up and down with your index finger outstretched, and say "SEE?!?! I told you they were all racist!!"

Actually, if you read carefully through this thread you would see that I, in fact, did not call ALL TEA Party members racists. I said that the core of the TEA Party itself is the political arm of a white supremacist movement.

I know that not all people that support the TEA Party are racists. But the agenda is that of racism and bigotry carefully spun to make it as palatable to as many people as possible. If the leadership came outright and said what they thought and really believed. They wouldn't have nearly as many people hopping on their bandwagon.

Yet, the silence is deafening when the Black Panthers arrive.

Are you all still worried about a black guy standing around with a stick? Seriously, get over it, that guy was only intimidating to the super cowardly. If you watched the video closely, you would see that he didn't stop ANYONE from entering or exiting the polling place.

People cannot go through life that terrified of everything. If one guy with a stick can so terrify a political demographic that they still worry about it years after the fact. All I can say is, please grow a spine, you're making the country look bad. This from the same people who bring GUNS to political events.

I mean seriously, I can envision a political cartoon of a bunch of TEA Partiers decked out with tri corner hats, sidearms and assault rifles pointing and screaming in terror at a lone man with a stick.

Now, are the black panthers a racist organization? You betcha! It's that kind of intolerance that isn't needed in this country anymore.

Or someone mentions Robert Byrd.

Who is dead now, and since he is dead, cannot affect the living any longer.

Or Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton,

I have said many many times that Both Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are completely racist and should probably step out of the public eye.

the creation of the Ku Klux Klan

Yea, back when Democrats were nearly as conservative as NeoCons are today. Ideology has changed and the GOP of yesteryear and the Democrats of that long ago are nearly polar opposites of what they are today.

...the list goes on and on.

No, please, do go on, I would love to discuss this further. I'll agree with you when your right, and denounce your ideas when they are wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Really Domo?, you're usually spot on about things. She isn't a victim, why call her "poor lady"? And a non-racist crowd would have stayed silent.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

A lot of the people that stereotype blacks with the inability to speak English sound like this guy

"BIBLE AGINNIT, GOD AGINNIT, IM AGINNIT, AND IF YOU GOT ANY SENSE YOU AGGINIT"

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yet, the silence is deafening when the Black Panthers arrive

The silence in this thread is deafening. For there to be so many Tea Party members and supporters on this site I'd figure there would be more of a reply. Do they not find it appalling enough to speak against it? They sure had no problem blowing up the Shirley Sherrod racism hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join