It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple way of finding old gem threads during the ATS summertime kiddie takeover conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

It all irks me as well. My neighbors an ALIEN...he's from Mexico...not some other planet.

And last I knew...a UFO wa an object...unidentified...thats flying...not absolutely a SPACESHIP FLYING DISC TRIANGLE ORB...from outer space...Reptilians...as tho they exist as well as tho a proven fact that they...and Ufos again...from other planets...etc...etc...etc...

Too many video game realities...which arent real at all...have the younger posters convinced when they talk...that these are new, accepted, proven and really exist.

Yes, of course. They all may well exist. SPACESHIPS with ALIENS (who are just from other planets and dimensions) and not on a work visa from France....

I see the future and its everything is true because it can be...not necessarily PROVEN...but its spoke of as though IT MUST BE TRUE...."The Aliens said..." and "The UFOS are from...." All of them? Get real kids.

REAL reality? This NOW generation wouldnt know it if a Reptilian Alien from Central America in a UFO-Spaceship crawled out of a hidden base in the Hollow Earth and said "the Interdimensional Beings Sent Us after cleaning up that mess of theirs from 911!".

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Haha, we are all different. I am not irked at what is the normal expression of youth. I hope I don't come across as surly. I'll have to check with my kids.

You know I just realized that I've never used the word 'alien' to describe a foreigner, but I I do use the word to describe an idea that's foreign to me. And with that realization, I think it's high time I had my second cup of the day.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Or the adults can all take the summer off and spend it at the beach. The kids will all be at home in front of the computer anyway. I dont remember any fat or skinny threads from last summer but I do remember being warned about the onslaught of juvinile threads that would be appearing over the next few months. I just cant seem to recall any really silly, obviously made by kids threads. Truth is there can be a mass of imature rederick every day of the year on this site.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Really good tip
SF
I use the image search quite often when searching other interests. It brings up a lot of articles, images etc I wouldn't have found otherwise. I haven't thought to do this with ATS searching. I will now.

I like to use the google image search tools; by color for example. It's amazing what that will show. Adding other key words to your suggestion enhances this function.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

By color? I'm drawing a blank with that one. What kind of things would you be looking for by color?

I tried the date parameters on Google to find things on ATS between 2000-2006 and got zip, so that function is less than impressive.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thank you aboutface. I do enjoy the sincere threads. I dont give up easily. It is tiresome though to get on a thread that is pure BS.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thankfully with the post star setup, I am able to skip over and only read replies with a high number of stars.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Having read many many threads here on ATS and having posted many times myself I would think this idea gets you more trollish posts than good ones. There are many good posts and threads that get nothing and fade into obscurity and trollish threads hit the home page.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Cyprex

Having read many many threads here on ATS and having posted many times myself I would think this idea gets you more trollish posts than good ones. There are many good posts and threads that get nothing and fade into obscurity and trollish threads hit the home page.
I could not agree with you more. I have seen many threads without any substance at all making it on the home page.

Here’s a good example:

Calling all gays and lesbians

Was this particular thread a PC (politically correct) issue? I’m thinking maybe so.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by violet

By color? I'm drawing a blank with that one. What kind of things would you be looking for by color?

I tried the date parameters on Google to find things on ATS between 2000-2006 and got zip, so that function is less than impressive.

It depends what your looking for.
For example if you have one photo that came from a series and want the whole series, then choose the shade that looks like that one and the others will come up in searching. I've found the full sets this way.

The date function or real time can be good if you refresh.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that useful information. Much appreciated, Violet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join