It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Originally posted by Unity_99
I think the bible is talking about what the mayan calendar is about, and dont think that calendar is 100% accurate to the minute, it could be 100 years out and still be a good guideline.

I think the Mayan calendar follows sun cycles, and its no coincidence the Galactic Center sent a huge plume of energy out that was photo'd and its roughly the same Light years away that the Mayan calendar takes.

And if that is a cycle, and it just sent out another plume, we're due for something shortly, perhaps.

Volcano could errupt from this, but HAARP may be behind that, and even the ones they serve, off planet ones, because what if that energy is like standing in a CME, which for me was wonderful. So bible, mayans, galactic center, energy plume, sun!

You are as religious as Jews and Muslims but you don't realise it.

The Mayans also worshipped volcanoes, hence the correlation with 'prophecy', which is not prophecy but frightening warnings used to keep the sheeple indoctrinated, and it's so successful it carries on working for thousands of years despite nothing happening! Oh my volcano!

edit on 16-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

Actually very spiritual and remember where I'm from and the past quite a bit. And what Im doing here.

The Mayan calendar is something that coincides with a real science observation.

This:

www.viewzone.com...

Its with scientific interest I note the years from galactic center and the length of time of the cycle, for ancient history is exactly that HiSTORY and very important to pay attention to.

That you're not to me is lacking science.

Star Wars springs to mind.

The Mayans worshipped volcanoes. Their catastrophes were due to volcanic activity. They moved away from their temples and pyramids because of eruptions. Their architecture has survived due to being covered in volcanic ash. Guatamala is one of the most volcanic countries in the world, as is Saudi (plus the rest of the 'holy land'), the pyramids were effigies of their deity, they burnt incense at the top of the pyramids to emulate the volcanoes. They sacrificed their own children by holding them down while the priest cut them open and ripped out their beating hearts (the Hebrews killing animals...maybe also a percentage of virgin war booty also was thrown into the volcano), the serpent effect on the side of a pyramid represents the lava flowing down a volcano, volcanoes were seen as both good and bad as they could both kill and give life (thanks to the mineral properties of ash enhancing the soil), the prophecies are nothing other than predictions that 'It's gunna happen again!' which is very likely in a volcanic area......

Quotes from link at end.....(Even at ancient Maya cities far from volcanoes, ash rained down relatively frequently, a "spectacularly important" new study says. Prior to the new discovery, it was known that highland Maya cities closer to volcanoes could be drastically affected by eruptions. "If you were a Mayan, you would probably have experienced at least one of these events during your lifetime, and perhaps more, during certain periods," In general, Sheets said, volcanism was an integral part of ancient Maya life. Some of the temples in the highland Maya cities, for example, mimic sacred volcanoes. "The temple buildings have doorways in the tops, where they burned incense, and the rising smoke was used to carry various messages to ancestor spirits and the deities," Sheets explained. Volcanic eruptions also fit into the Maya worldview that life is full of phenomena that can be either hazards or opportunities, and that human behavior can tip the balance, Sheets said. For the Maya, a smoking volcano wasn't always a harbinger of doom. Humans could turn its ash into a benefit, such as fertilizer or additives to strengthen pottery clay. The Maya could also stall the eruption altogether—or so they thought. "They did bloodletting rituals, respected the deities, fed the spirits of their ancestors, and so on" to try to control volcanoes, Sheets said.) news.nationalgeographic.com...

Study the geology to know the mythical god.

edit on 17-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by charles1952

Charles,

Perhaps you feel the OP is being curt and rude, by asking that comments remain "on topic" and being new, he should be more tolerant. However, within this thread, I have seen long time members behave rudely, condescendingly and add mocking comments regarding the OP personally, and the OP's theory.

You're correct that it's a moderators job to do the moderating, not the OP. Nor is it the job of a member, with no intention of addressing the content of the OP, to post a scolding and then demand that the OP change his/her "understanding."

I have seen many a thread intentionally derailed by those who ramble on about off topic drivel, in order to deflect the objectional subject. That's not what you're trying to do here, is it? Surely you aren't trying to intimidate and school the OP in ATS etiquette?

On topic, are you, as a Christian, aligned with this personality of a fire and smoke breathing, burning rock throwing and earth shaking, wrathful god? Do you think that some of this imagery could have a foundation in the volcanic activity in the area of where these stories emerged?

Do you think that this is the same god that Jesus called father?

Maybe it's because I'm the mother of a child with mild ADHD that I am skilled at forcing people to focus on something and feel that tolerating distractions is not going to give a good result

I actually think the people in this thread have been ok. It's not an easy thing to get your head around and I understand there will be a lot of opposition but I am sure that anyone who does open their mind to it and investigate it will realise it's got to be the truth.....and....the truth will set us free. Then we can all get down to some proper Christianity, which would be minus the OT and the divinity but full of love, equality and harmony. Now wouldn't that be nice?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

I think you'll find that there are many members that will benefit from your experience dealling with ADHD, as this disorder is abundant among ATSers!

I agree that it's a difficult topic for some to "wrap their heads around," as you say. But I do think it's important to challenge the status quo, in order to find a more peaceful understanding of what the spiritual leaders like Jesus, Buddha etc. were trying to say and the message they taught.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Now I've just leant something new....

volcano.oregonstate.edu...

The Mayan civilisation worshipped volcanic activity not just because they lived near volcanoes but because they lived on a transform fault...the North American Plate and the Caribbean Plate.

That coincides with the ancient Hebrews (plus now Muslims in Arabia) who lived along a rift where the African plate is pulling apart from the Arabian plate.

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com.es...

And history shows that both civilisations abandoned their settlements....why? Inhospitable?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

If only they relied on me for puddings I could utilise the 'rewards/threats/punishments'

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear windword,

I hope you have already learned that I have a great deal of respect for you. I feel that I owe you two answers, which I think I'll supply seperately. This concerns my posting behavior.

Perhaps you feel the OP is being curt and rude, by asking that comments remain "on topic" and being new, he should be more tolerant.

I have never objected to anyone's request that comments remain on-topic, why do you think I did? I objected to being told we were allowed only one word.

However, within this thread, I have seen long time members behave rudely, condescendingly and add mocking comments regarding the OP personally, and the OP's theory.

That may well have happened here, but why say "within this thread?" It happens everywhere on ATS, even to you and me. That will not change, we get used to it. (No, I'm not supporting it.)

You're correct that it's a moderators job to do the moderating, not the OP.

Fine, if you object to my telling her that, perhaps you will. How else will she learn if she is not told?

Nor is it the job of a member, with no intention of addressing the content of the OP, to post a scolding and then demand that the OP change his/her "understanding."

How can you know my intention? Clearly, as this post attests, I have not left the thread. On one hand the OP writes, basically "This is to be done under my rules for the simple reason that I prefer it. If you don't follow my rules I will post off-topic rejections of your submission." On the other hand, I write, basically "I don't accept your rules for at least two reasons fundamental to the functioning of ATS. And for a third reason, I find it impolite of you to order other people around." The OP posts a statement at the very beginning, I disagree with the OP's statement. If you take that kind of back and forth from ATS there is nothing left. This "one word" business was the essence of the thread, she almost said he couldn't do the thread without it. Why can't I disagree with her? Disagreeing with the OP's statement is off topic?

I have seen many a thread intentionally derailed by those who ramble on about off topic drivel, in order to deflect the objectional subject. That's not what you're trying to do here, is it? Surely you aren't trying to intimidate and school the OP in ATS etiquette?

Sorry, but I can't even understand where that question came from.

You are right. Your idea that I am trying to derail the thread is completely incorrect. I'm not doing it here, and I can't remember ever doing it. "Intimidate" someone? Over the Internet? No I'm not trying to do it. I can't even imagine how it is done. (And I also don't know what an "objectional subject" is.)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On topic, are you, as a Christian, aligned with this personality of a fire and smoke breathing, burning rock throwing and earth shaking, wrathful god?

Do you think that this is the same god that Jesus called father?
I'm sorry, are you seriously asking if I think the God of the ancient Hebrews was a volcano? And that Jesus believed it too? The man who said "if you've seen Me, you've seen my Father" believed that His Father was a volcano? Do you want a simple answer? I believe that idea is damned nonsense. Literally, nonsense that is damned.

Do you think that some of this imagery could have a foundation in the volcanic activity in the area of where these stories emerged?
Writers use imagery from everywhere. Some imagery from the OT comes from clouds, storms, mothers, all things in the natural world were available for use as an image. If a writer needed a description for death and destruction, fire and lightning were naturals. To describe a woman's breasts they used fawns. (Song of Solomon, Chapter 4) But is there any evidence besides colorful verses? Did they throw sacrifices into the volcano, human or otherwise? Did they build their holiest temple on it or near it? What about a city? How did the Ark of the Covenant come to be regarded as the Holy of Holies, if it really was a volcano.

I appreciate the theory's ingenuity, but that's about all.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Sounds like a volcano to me.

it's not a flipping volcano. it's a jinn. i.e. an alien. made of smokeless flame as humans are made of clay.

many jinn are known to have the same characteristics of ....vampires....

so maybe the author of twilight knew her stuff after all when she made Edward all sparkly...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Charles, there is no need to be offended and spend so much time justifying yourself. However, my request that every person who CHOOSES to respond to this thread must do so by choosing one word or phrase was not an unreasonable one. That is simply what is needed for this little exercise. You are yet to perform it as requested yet you have filled up the thread with more words than anyone except me.

If you want to state a word or a phrase then please re-read the list of verses, remove the human characteristics and then tell us what springs to mind. I know it's hard but it is possible. Then we can discuss your choice.

By the way, I don't think for a second Jesus knew the original Hebrews worshipped volcanoes. He too was a victim of his ancestors' error of judgement that has persisted to this day due them moving away from their deity/deities. Had they stayed there rather than prefering to move to more hospitable land, we would either never have heard of Yahweh or we would view him in the same way as we view Ba'al. Sacrifices? Plenty at the foot of the mountain where the tabernacle was set up. Animals and lots of them.......much to the supposed olfactory satisfaction of the fiery mountain god. Virgins? Possibly......a percentage of the virgin war booty. I am yet to investigate the discarded holy books. Maybe they reveal too much.

Anyway, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. You have the choice to just stay out of the thread if it's not to your liking.

edit on 18-6-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by TKDRL
Sounds like a volcano to me.

it's not a flipping volcano. it's a jinn. i.e. an alien. made of smokeless flame as humans are made of clay.

many jinn are known to have the same characteristics of ....vampires....

so maybe the author of twilight knew her stuff after all when she made Edward all sparkly...

If it's a jinn then your god is a jinn because the verses are mostly describing 'Him' or, more revealingly, written in the first person (Him again). He was.....He looked like.....He spews out His wrath.......

Deuteronomy 4:24 For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Ezekiel 22:31 So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD."

Lamentations 4:11 The LORD has given full vent to his wrath; he has poured out his fierce anger. He kindled a fire in Zion that consumed her foundations.

Ezekiel 7:8 I am about to pour out my wrath on you and spend my anger against you; I will judge you according to your conduct and repay you for all your detestable practices.

PSA 18:8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

ISA 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:

Isaiah: 5:26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly.

Numbers 16:35 And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.

1 Kings 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

Leviticus 9:24And there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.

Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire."

That last one doesn't sound much like Jesus does it? Can you imagine Jesus eating up 250 men?

'God' is not said to MAKE the volcanoes do things. He is not orchestrating matters....he is the volcano.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Charles,

I hope you have already learned that I have a great deal of respect for you.

Thank you. And I for you.

I have never objected to anyone's request that comments remain on-topic, why do you think I did? I objected to being told we were allowed only one word.

Please accept my apology for misunderstanding. I suppose, as I followed the thread, I assumed the OP's frustration of preachers and philosophers opining their off topic justification for not addressing the topic.

I actually didn't take her "one word" demand literally, but more as a "Please choose one word to describe the first thing that comes to mind when you read/hear these descriptions of attributes that have been given to "God," and lets discuss...."

Maybe because the OP's style reminds me very much of daughter's, a highly respected scientist working for a world renown lab, and a professor at a highly respected university, that I rushed to her defense. My daughter sometimes posts here and gets a lot of flack for harshly dismissing opinions as facts.

Fine, if you object to my telling her that, perhaps you will. How else will she learn if she is not told?

How did you tell her?

Perhaps you don't understand completely, after all you seem to be relatively new. You do not have the authority to control what is posted in this thread, you may claim it, or think you have it, but you do not.

What you seem to be attempting is the control and restriction of speech here. I don't like it, and I suspect nearly all of the members would object.

As I say, it may be that you simply misunderstand our principles, but please correct your misunderstanding.

See, I don't get exactly what you're protesting here. It seems to me that you're upset with her for what she said to other posters, to not "waffle" and stay on topic. But if you were offended by her "one word" request, you didn't make that clear. It seems to me the best way to "tell her" would be to rebel and post a litany of words, that come to mind.

Your idea that I am trying to derail the thread is completely incorrect. I'm not doing it here, and I can't remember ever doing it. "Intimidate" someone? Over the Internet? No I'm not trying to do it. I can't even imagine how it is done. (And I also don't know what an "objectional subject" is.)

Again, please accept my apology for misunderstanding your intent.

An objectionable subject, in this case, is stripping the attributes given to many's god away and telling them that they are praising an age old volcano god.

I'm sorry, are you seriously asking if I think the God of the ancient Hebrews was a volcano? And that Jesus believed it too? The man who said "if you've seen Me, you've seen my Father" believed that His Father was a volcano? Do you want a simple answer? I believe that idea is damned nonsense. Literally, nonsense that is damned.

Yes, seriously, that is what we are discussing.

I agree with Flyersfan, that these attributes (what the OP put forth) is not of my idea of a god. I disagree with TheFogHorn, that Jesus didn't know that some were still worshiping a volcano deity.

I believe that there is "One True God" and it doesn't have a physical body but is expressed through all thing physical, including volcanoes. I see GOD as a unifying force that connects us all and is felt as pure love.

I believe that the message Jesus taught was not to worship these old false gods, but to find the way to the "One True God." When Jesus referred to his "Father" I don't think he meant the fiery, wrathful, jealous god of the Old Testament. I think he was telling his followers that this wrathful god is a false god, and that he knew "The Way" to find this "One True God." My opinion.

Note to TheFogHorn:

There are 2 members that I deeply respect, who have explored these ideas in greater depth.

Autowrench www.abovetopsecret.com...
MagnumOpus www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword and TheFogHorn

***********AN APOLOGY *************

I was wrong, and what is worse, I was mean and angry. There was no excuse for it, but I may be able to explain it.

Windword, you are absolutely right that I was not clear in my objection to the "one word" rule. Perhaps it was a temporary hormone imbalance or opposition to what I perceived as petty tyrany, but I felt offended by TheFogHorn's demand. That does not justify my snippy and angry attitude. I don't know how much of it came out, but for every bit that did, I'm sorry.

Imagine a magician who has a trick deck in which every card is the Four of Clubs. He offers the deck with the instructions to "pick a card, any card." The magician then reveals that you have chosen the Four of Clubs. That seems to be what has happened here.

TheFogHorn has asked for a word, so the word I choose is "VOLCANO," in just the same way as I would say I picked the Four of Clubs.

And now for the discussion.

I know I have not made myself clear so far, so I'll let another do it for me:
www.ukapologetics.net...

If the God of the Old Testament was merely a volcano, this was a volcano who could breathe the breath of life into the first man, deliver a nation out of slavery, deliver a set of Ten Commandments, give often quite detailed instructions to people like Moses and Joshua and later work with several prophets, this was a 'volcano' who could pass on detailed instructions for the construction and use of a portable tabernacle, and later, a most beautiful temple at Jerusalem, a 'volcano' who felt anger at people's rejection of laws which were entirely for their own good, a 'volcano' who sent many thousands into a clearly prophesied captivity because of their rejection of a covenant which had clearly previously been mutually agreed upon, a 'volcano' who - in keeping with prophecy (which this 'volcano' itself had inspired) - brought a large segment of these peoples back out of captivity circa 70 years later, then caused a special man, a supreme deliverer, to be born in the time and place which this 'volcano'-inspired prophecy had referred to several hundred years before this birth actually took place. Do I need to go on?

Further, which volcano? Santorini? The one about 800 miles away from the Sinai Peninsula?

For an observer on the summit of Aconcagua (22,841 feet (6,962 m) in height), the sea-level horizon to the west is at a distance of 184 miles (296 km).

www.ask.com... So even if they were only two hundred miles away, they would have missed the volcano and the bottom 4 miles of the ash cloud and wouldn't have seen any fire at all. The Hebrews were four times that far away. I'm not convinced that they could have seen anything at all.

But maybe it was Mt. Sinai that erupted? I assume we're talking about the Mt. Sinai at the southern tip of the Sinai peninsula? In wiki's discussion of Mt. Sinai we find this

The Song of Deborah, which some textual scholars consider to be one of the oldest parts of the bible, suggests that Yahweh dwelt at Mount Seir, so many scholars favour a location in Nabatea (modern Arabia). Alternatively, the biblical descriptions of Sinai can be interpreted as describing a volcano, and so a small number of scholars have considered equating Sinai with locations in northwestern Saudi Arabia; there are no volcanoes in the Sinai Peninsula.
It certainly doesn't look as though Mt. Sinai was the volcano being referred to in this thread.

But all of that aside, I do want you both to know that I apologize for my rudeness. Our hearts, and how we treat others are more important than this discussion. I got my priorities reversed.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Take away all the anger and thundering wrath and what you have left is pure unadulterated consciousness.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

No prob, apology accepted. I remember one day coming home from work in a particularly foul mood and listening to my answering machine messages and finding one to be snotty and rude. Later, after calming down, I listened again and the message wasn't snotty or rude at all, my reality was tainted by my mood.

As far as your answer about god NOT being a volcano, let me be clear. I don't think that the god of the Hebrews is merely a volcano. I think that ancient folklore of the remnants of a volcanic catastrophe has influenced the perception of what their god was all about.

Geologists are of the opinion that the eruption of the Santorini volcano at Santorini is the basis of the twelve plagues depicted in the Exodus. Post eruption, a vast neighborhood might have endured sufferings and tribulations like deluge, drought and firestorm etc. Not even cities located on higher platforms could escape the wrath of the devastating earthquakes.

Molten magma ash in all likelihood would have completely blackened the atmosphere.

Scientists believe that most of the twelve plagues occurred as a consequence of the volcanic activity. The mention of darkness in the Bible may be without doubt ascribed to the molten ash and pumice on the surface. Even the stormy winds were blowing to the southeasterly direction where Egypt was located. www.greeka.com...

The plagues occurred due to the volcanic eruption and attracted hordes of locusts and there were evidence of erratic animal activity due largely to the alteration of air pressure and weather conditions. After the complete devastation of Egypt the Jews were able to get away in spite of the Pharaoh’s soldiers in hot pursuit. In the Exodus, there is a quotation which goes like this : “By day in a pillar of cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light” (Exodus 13:21). This state of biblical affairs can easily be related to the volcanic eruption.

According to the Biblical account of the law-giving, Sinai was enveloped in a cloud,[11] it quaked and was filled with smoke,[12] while lightning-flashes shot forth, and the roar of thunder mingled with the blasts of a trumpet;[11] the account later adds that fire was seen burning at the summit of the mountain.[13] Several scholars have indicated that it seems to suggest that Sinai was a volcano,[14] although there is no mention of ash although not all volcanos generate ash;[15] other scholars have suggested that the description fits a storm,[15] especially as the Song of Deborah seems to allude to rain having occurred at the time, although volcanic activity can cause storms. en.wikipedia.org...

Although it is hotly debated, volcanoes do explain a lot of the mysteries in the Bible as to why God was so ruthless.
edit on 18-6-2012 by windword because: spelling & grammer

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yo... we know what mountian mises went up to meet God on, it's Jabal al Lawz in Saudi Arabia and it's neither an active or dormant volcano. You can see it if you watch "Mountain of Fire". The Saudi military has razor wire all around the mountain and at the base is the alter the Jews used on one side and the altar the golden calf was built upon on the other side.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Charles,

I've already said there is no need for long winded explanations. I would be grateful, however, if you would challenge the theory having investigated it thoroughly, which you clearly have not. There are many stumbling blocks that would prevent your interest that can easily be dismantled, such as the fact Mount Sinai is probably sited incorrectly.

Please go through all the posts and you will find your questions are answered....

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com...

....and then you will be forgiven

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Take away all the anger and thundering wrath and what you have left is pure unadulterated consciousness.

Please explain your reasoning using only the following Bible verse as an example so we can appreciate your stance.

Nahum 1:5-6 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein. Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yo... we know what mountian mises went up to meet God on, it's Jabal al Lawz in Saudi Arabia and it's neither an active or dormant volcano. You can see it if you watch "Mountain of Fire". The Saudi military has razor wire all around the mountain and at the base is the alter the Jews used on one side and the altar the golden calf was built upon on the other side.

You've only just found out about that mountain having been searching away on Google in the last day so don't try to kid everyone you already knew about it and that it too has a very good get out clause. Try very hard to be true to yourself and others and you will benefit enormously.

That mountain is a volcanic mountain although the wiki page is watched and 'corrected' by people who probably have an ulterior motive. A debate I had on the Yahweh page was swiftly deleted due to getting too close to the bone. Wiki is not the ultimate in factual information. The truth is that we do not know where Mount Sinai was. The eruption of Santorini was the catalyst of the religion that also binded the Habiru (people of different sects living on the fringe) together. Mount Sinai was another volcano.....a sign of 'their god'. My guess is that it was either in North-West Saudi (maybe somewhere called Hail....hail in Exodus was not hail but small balls of sulphar from a volcano....maybe carried in ash cloud from Santorini all the way to Egypt....or from a Suez Canal volcano triggered in a domino effect thanks to Santorini) or in Ethiopia. I think it's more likely Saudi though.....Mecca is the mecca of Islam because it's also the mecca of volcanism in the world and is right now under threat from eruptions.

What you need to keep in mind is that the evidence for this theory lies within religious territory and that anything revealing will be kept under wraps. How many Christians felt able to respond to my test with the painfully obvious word 'volcano'? Not one.

You might find these posts interesting....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Who is "we" that know that?
Some small group of lost souls who think they are fundamentalists by believing there is a real mountain that The Lord came down on, but fail at the most important part of being a fundamentalist, which is believing in the inerrant quality of the Bible, by not accepting that the mountain was literally in Sinai.
There is no mountain in Saudi Arabia with razor wire around it.
There is no evidence of an altar other than a stone with what looks like a small bovine looking animal carved in it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Oooooooops!! Someone missed the memo apparently. The mountain God met Moses on is called "Jabal al Lawz" it's in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. You can witness it on the video called "Mountain of Fire". The Saudi military prohibits anyone from getting within half a mile of the mountain today and the entire thing is surrounded by fence with razor wire on the top.

Paul said Mt. Sinai was in Arabia. (Galatians 4:25) Where so you think Midian is JM? Constantine's momma screwed it up. It's in Midian which is in Saudi Arabia.

edit on 19-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

I can link you to an archaeological thread of mine that's much older than 2 days. The mountain is Jabal al Lawz. Educate yourself, and that mountain is neither an active nor dormant volcano. I understand your problem, but it's your problem nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join