It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck : my dog eats BEES!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Okay, now that Im not freaked out.. here is a pic I want to share.. feel free to go AWWWWWW.

Scroll over to see the naked one. These 2 act like theyre brothers. One goes out the other one has to. One wont come back in until the other one comes back in. Its hilarious. considering Blue could eat him in one bite.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Your dog eats bees because you never told him not to.

There are several theories as to why dogs do this, (my shepherd loves to catch flies) one is the territorial aspect. Anything that moves in their territory gets barked at/eaten.

Another is the sound their wings make while flapping. Nature's "dog whistle", so they catch them, instinct.

There's another about the bugs having extra protein in them, and they are tasty. Go figure.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry. As long as Blue isn't having an allergic reaction, they are harmless to him. It takes the venom from over 1000 stings to be fatal. There are a few dogs that swell up, but a dose of benedryl helps. There's no record of a dog every going into anaphylactic shock like humans do, but a few cases of being stung in their throat and their airway swells closed.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dogs are awesome!

I have a Heeler mix named Dali who likes to dig up earthworms and eat them!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Probably doesn't like the fact that it's flying all around on his territory. Thinks it's gonna be a problem. Dogs are so silly...gotta love em.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

They're adorable

top topics

<< 1   >>

join