It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck : my dog eats BEES!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Okay, Im older and have had a lot of dogs over my lifetime. You see the boy I have now over there in my avatar?? He is EATING BEES. Now Ive never heard of this or seen it before. I have a porcelain berry bush that bees love and he will go over to it and catch bees and eat them.

Not only is this bizarre IMO, Im worried the doofus will eat so many he will have an allergic reaction to it! They sting him in his mouth and tongue.. and he keeps eating the damned things!

I usually hate making fluff threads, but I have to ask.. does anyone know about this? Is my dog insane?

( I have a Hairless Chinese Crested as well.. who is about a yr older than the big puppy and he stands on the porch and stares at Blue while he is catching bees. I guess he is smart enough not to let his naked self get stung.
)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have no idea why, but my pit does this too. I have two but only the female does it. I just let her do it, she seems to have fun chasing them and has never had a reaction. At least if theres one in the house, she gets it before it stings us!

edit on 15-6-2012 by stonebutterfly because: sorry stings not bites lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Cool looking dog.

I don't know but I think you're right to make sure he doesn't get stung too many times.

Strange I've never heard anything like it before. My dog will chase and eat flies sometimes but I think if he ever got stung he'd stop.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Bees seldom bite, although it is known to happen. It's the stings you want to worry about.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
I have no idea why, but my pit does this too. I have two but only the female does it. I just let her do it, she seems to have fun chasing them and has never had a reaction. At least if theres one in the house, she gets it before it bites us!

He is a Staffy, but he and a pit have a common ancestor.. apparently a bee eating common ancestor.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

So that's why the bees are dying off, your dog is eating them all!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I was thinking the same thing. All these damn dogs are eating the bees.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Shush. Dont tell anyone.

No honey bees, but there are some other sort of bees on that bush and apparently they taste really good.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Shush. Dont tell anyone.

No honey bees, but there are some other sort of bees on that bush and apparently they taste really good.

I am going to tell David Attenborough and he will come and kick your dogs ass or visa versa. More likely the latter.

PS: Your dog eats bees, who wants to tangle with any creature that does that!?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Shush. Dont tell anyone.

I am going to tell David Attenborough and he will come and kick your dogs ass or visa versa. More likely the latter.

Ill be sure to youtube it.

Seriously though, every time I let him out he eats bees.. Im starting to get concerned. Weirdest thing Ive heard of.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dogs love eating bugs. Its a secret of the canine world. My grouchy old shepherd thinks its her job to eat every bug she see's. She loves bee's, june bugs and spiders she just chews up and spits them out

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There working undercover for monsanto

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
There working undercover for monsanto

I knew it!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius

Dogs love eating bugs. Its a secret of the canine world. My grouchy old shepherd thinks its her job to eat every bug she see's. She loves bee's, june bugs and spiders she just chews up and spits them out

Well Ive seen my other dogs over the yrs eat bugs.. but not bees exclusively. He doesnt care about other bugs. Thats why I thought it was so strange.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Thats funny I have a cat that is always coming home with a swollen face or paws from bees and the like , she won't stop . I also had a crazy Doberman that dug up flower bulbs and ate them and he loved those giant June bug beetles . Animals have their quirks and your dog must be funny to watch specifically when he gets stung to see his reaction.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Thats funny I have a cat that is always coming home with a swollen face or paws from bees and the like , she won't stop . I also had a crazy Doberman that dug up flower bulbs and ate them and he loved those giant June bug beetles . Animals have their quirks and your dog must be funny to watch specifically when he gets stung to see his reaction.

Whew okay.. I was afraid Id make the thread and get posts from folks who's animals dropped dead from anaphylactic shock. LOL!

When he gets stung he shakes his head.. then goes back for more.. and drinks a LOT of water.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well Ive seen my other dogs over the yrs eat bugs.. but not bees exclusively. He doesnt care about other bugs. Thats why I thought it was so strange.

I think it's pretty clear that your dog is insane and you should call the men in white coats to come and put him in a padded cell. It's for his own good.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think it's pretty clear that your dog is insane and you should call the men in white coats to come and put him in a padded cell. It's for his own good.

Meh.. I live in a madhouse.. he fits right in.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I've lived in a couple of those myself!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My male is a notorious bull frog stalker, so I guess they each have their own quirks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join