It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Sending Air and Sea Defenses to Syria, Exporter Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

MOSCOW — The chief of Russia’s state-controlled arms exporter said on Friday that his company was shipping advanced defensive missile systems to Syria that could be used to shoot down airplanes or sink ships if the United States or other Western nations try to intervene to halt the country’s spiral of violence.

I would like to say these mechanisms are really a good means of defense, a reliable defense against attacks from the air or sea,” Anatoly P. Isaykin, the general director of the company, Rosoboronexport, said Friday in an interview. “This is not a threat, but whoever is planning an attack should think about this.”

Russia Sending Air and Sea Defenses to Syria, Exporter Says

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jun 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The US already have so much air and sea defense in the region

Its fair that Russia do the same to protest their interest
edit on 6/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here we go!

If this is true, we all need to start preparing for the worst. I'm not saying the worst will happen, but we need to be ready incase it does. This is escalating quickly. I wonder if the Russians know that there is an imminent invasion planned? I'm guessing the answer to that is yes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
YES MOSCOW YES.... tell them to BACK THE FCK OFF... before all hell breaks loose......

i love to hear that russia is really telling them to chill the F out...

russia i love you only if i could help out the situation i would...

we all kno the rebels are just israel's in syria being bought from israel and unitedstates

AMERICA PLEASE STAND DOWN AND ALLOW THE FAKE REBELS DO THEYRE DEEDS....

THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS

BTW WHERES KONY ? lolololololol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

And you think the US is going to back off? Not a chance.... Lets see whos balls are bigger! The US never has and never will back down.
The Syrian govt is killing its people. Its wrong! If the US wants to get involved with its allies, i have no problem with that. If Russia, and its war hungry president wants to defend Syria militarily, it will go down too. Putin has been stirring the pot since his last term. He wants a war!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

And you think the US is going to back off? Not a chance.... Lets see whos balls are bigger! The US never has and never will back down.
The Syrian govt is killing its people. Its wrong! If the US wants to get involved with its allies, i have no problem with that. If Russia, and its war hungry president wants to defend Syria militarily, it will go down too. Putin has been stirring the pot since his last term. He wants a war!

I'm sorry, but I am glad Putin is calling my corrupt governments bluff! Obviously, you still believe in the false patriotism and propaganda that you are fed by our MSM? Yes, I am asking you a question and not just giving my opinion. Why do you think that we are being told the truth about what is happening in Syria? Have you forgotten about Libya and Egypt? Have you done any research at to how those two countries are doing since our wonderful government decided that they need to obey the globalists and send our troops in to create more problems than they already had?

Keep believing in the MSM and pretty soon you will be volunteering to be chipped or even worse! Nationalism is a cleverly used tool to get you to believe your side is in the right all the time! Sorry dude! It has worn out on me! Maybe it is because I am older and remember how many times I have seen this same scenario played out, while the masses comformed to the false reality, versus using their own brains to figure out the deception that is being played out on all of us....................not sure....maybe I am crazy......not sure...........

All I can say is, "If you are an American and you still believe that the Russians and the Chinese are out to destroy the United States of America,,,,,,how can you explain why our corrupt government has our military involved in all of these bull# occupations????? I don't see Russia provoking things!!! I don't see China provoking things!!! All I see is the UN taking advantage of our troops thru our corrupt politicians!

Look in the mirror dude and realize that your government has sold you and every other American out!!! Our loved ones in the military our nothing more than tools for the globalists to achieve their NWO! How is that working out for you and anyone else in this world????

Sorry, I don't see one damn bit of good coming out of this banker game that is going to benefit anyone in this world, other than the feudalistic bunch of criminals who are in charge..................

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
come on guy well all know that israel isthe one sending in rebels to start the war with russia come on guy

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
YES MOSCOW YES.... tell them to BACK THE FCK OFF... before all hell breaks loose......

i love to hear that russia is really telling them to chill the F out...

russia i love you only if i could help out the situation i would...

we all kno the rebels are just israel's in syria being bought from israel and unitedstates

AMERICA PLEASE STAND DOWN AND ALLOW THE FAKE REBELS DO THEYRE DEEDS....

THIS IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS

BTW WHERES KONY ? lolololololol

So you'd volunteer yourself in an army that is known for not giving two #s about civilians? well that speaks volums for your charecter and yesw before you ask I am a terrorist for questioning your methods....anything else? no? good.Don't bother to reply I won't bother reading it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by damingus
reply to post by burntoast

Oh I think that rebellion was manufactured by outside interests. Seems like it to me. But then thats their job.
I would never accuse the C.I.A. of doing such a thing but that is their job to do that.

Other people have other jobs like Russia has its job and China its job.

You know strategic planners have long term goals and they wait for an opportunity then they pounce.

It seemed to me that once the Egyptian revolution was underway, someone thought it was a good time to jump on the bandwagon.

There is a big difference between the two. Egyptians took council and asked permission and took further council in steps. Syria looks more like the unrest in Iran which was also probably instigated by outside forces.

But in terms of global economics we need to keep trade routes open and so you need the SCO in there because otherwise, who has a habit of imposing embargoes on otherwise free countries?
You know when you have strategic plans as a nation, history shows that people can have little regard for causalities who get in the way of their enterprising ideas.

Consider this though, Egypt, sixth largest proved oil reserves in Africa, GDP per capita, 3 thousand bucks.
It hasn't helped them at all. Iraq same. Lots of oil, but only $4,200 per capita. Syria very little oil, and 3,000 per capita etc.

They are all dirt poor, dollar a day level existence.
Syria made 4.2 billion from oil sales in 2010. They have a population of 23 million.
I am just glad this is all happening in Syria and not north of Afghanistan because Syria is easy to spell.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wonder if they will have routing problems with that

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Wonder if they will have routing problems with that

Consider the strategy. We were just leaving Syria alone until one day a top military official in the USA said, well with these sorts of killings, if we were asked to, we would go in and intervene.

Well thats ok to suggest that, except that someone else has historically been their patron. And thats Russia.
Which of course everyone should know who is involved in middle east strategy, but of course we can change our strategy if we wanted to.

But strategically, and lets say economically, a balance of power is what we want, and what the stock market is responding to right now.
To offset Imperialism in the region so you can have economic development. When you have people on every corner with machine guns, and patrolling around in armored vehicles or Humvees thats not conducive to free enterprise. People don`t even want to go outside for fear they will be run over or abused.

But right now in Syria, there is a rebellion, but they are rebelling more because they are dirt poor than anything else. However its an internal matter, and really we should not intervene in their politics, since we are not in a position to know the facts.
Nonetheless we want to stop the violence so Russia may be sending in troops.
Kofi said twist arms I have been twisting their arms.
Vladimir Putin has been reelected so he will help them. He is a smart worldly ex KGB man.

Somehow, we want to get someone, preferably the SCO to build a dry dock in Syria for the use of the SCO, in a partnership with the Syrian merchant navy. Which is a shipping fleet. Imagine you were building a trade route to the east from the Middle East. Thats is what we want to do. Since in that way we can double their income by reducing their cost of living. And at the same time bring economic development into the region.
And essentially improve farming in the region.

So then the Mediterranean will have an SCO presence and that will make it easier to avoid confrontation since when ships are not regularly passing each other in a straight, then it seems like confrontation trying to get through a straight. And that is where you can get problems.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We will push for some irrigation in all the Middle East, and hope that they create arable land, like they create babies, because babies gotta eat.

And we can set up a trade route to the East for them, so they can ship food there and import whatever they want from there at low cost in terms of consumer goods.

And although they are poor, lets look at India`s GDP per capita...1300 bucks,.

And China...5,400 which is amazing when you consider the population they have. They are very industrious people.

Both China and India are becoming wealthy nations at an extraordinary rate. They pool their money. They may be poor but they are sure crafty business people lest we forget.

But really all we are doing is matching the Middle East with the Far East in trade arrangements for their mutual benefit. And as far as whats in it for everyone else well as they grow economically they produce other opportunities for other companies. China is interested in investing in the region simply because they don`t have to invest much, and there are opportunities there for long term trade relations. But todays trade and shipping has to be really fast and efficient. So you really need to build a robust trade route. One that is not easily interfered with. Just in time inventory requires good constant management. But that is where the most profit is, especially for farmers who can take advantage of price fluctuations to their benefit. When prices are high you want to get your product to market because in two weeks it might be back down again. Supply and demand is like that. But it is how almost all grocery stores all over the world function on a daily basis. And why we have such high quality food at such affordable prices.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

While I can appreciate the true merit and long term promise of the strategy you lay out it does not resemble what I am familiar with from Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran To me your thoughts especially do no fit the current climate of fear www propagate domestically in the US

Or to put what I am saying another way we don't say let's be patient and give things time to work out appropriately instead we say lets dominate them into submission with shock and awe and control the situation with might.

Not that I know much anyways

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by damingus

USA backed down during the indo-pak 1971 war against USSR.

new topics

top topics

join