It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No. Reason? Logistics. Mexico's ongoing reconquista is the closest thing to an "invasion" possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Your last lines sound kind of familiar.... Oh yea, Iraq.

Now multiply that with Americans with their own work shops and radio shacks...

A populace that loves to put their disposable income into high tech military grade weapons.

Lets look at the coastal areas, even in states like California with some of the strictest gun control there is I don't think I have ever seen a city with out a Gun store here, Let alone local wall mart stocked to the gills with guns and ammo.

Same concept as iraq just on a much larger scale.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Could the U.S. be invaded ? I believe the answer is yes.A foreign power with a large enough military could,if so inclined,get past our coastal defenses and wage a "conventional" war against us.However,in my mind,there is a big difference between "invading" and "conquering". I do not belive that any foreign military power in existence today has the wherewithal to successfully conquer and occupy a significant portion of the United States.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
On average 500,000 to 800,000 illegal immigrants enter the country each year. On top of that another 650,000 enter legally. Do you think anyone would notice a 5 or 10% increase in each of 5 consecutive years?

Add 10% to that total coming across as foreign operatives, and in 5 years you have 500,000 enemy operatives that are armed and familiarized with our topography and infrastructure.

500,000 enemy operatives can wreak a lot of havoc if they are all set into motion simultaneously, or in a crescendo or a cascade type of attack. Once emergency personnel and government are mobilized to deal with that, if the strategy was effective, the invasion would be a breeze! If all those operatives seemed to be doing one thing, and doing it very effectively, we would have to respond with overwhelming force, and if all of that was just a misdirection, imagine the holes it would leave in our defenses elsewhere.

Washington Post on illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Easily.

It would take a large covert setup first, and then it would take occupying key areas that could not be destroyed with heavy artillery, and from there the invasion would be afoot.

Imagine infiltrating for 10 years across a porous southern border, and through student visas and work visas and putting your players in the field. Acquire weapons and knowledge of our society. Then, create misdirection, maybe some terrorist attacks, and a faux invasion away from the real action, while the real players are taking up key positions near strategic areas like refineries, nuke plants, or large urban areas. Then, just like Normandy, you move in heavily, you take heavy losses, but by controlling the volatile areas you render our air strikes useless. We can't use ICBM's, nukes, or MOABs on our own urban areas, infrastructure, or near hazardous materials like refineries and nuke plants. You ensure face to face fighting so our technology and air force are pretty useless.

There are dozens of other ways too. If you really wanted to soften the target, just put 100 DC-Sniper style operatives all around the country scaring people into not buying gas, not going to work, not going to school. Destroy the local economies in key areas, it entails little risk and little expense, but it has crushing effectiveness on our lifestyle. Get people scared again like they were post 9/11 and with our economy already teetering on the brink you could implode it pretty easily.

Once the economy is imploded, now it is difficult to tell domestic terrorists from real terrorists, and tell false operations from real operations, and you just send out a lot of misdirection before you finally launch the invasion.

The key is rendering our weapons useless against ourselves and keeping our population fighting each other and our own government long enough for the invaders to get a good foothold.

There is my dime store version off the top of my head. Imagine what somene actually trained in the arts of war, with a team of advisors, and a huge budget could come up with over a few months!

Imagine all of the above but supplemented with a President and Cabinet who are complicit with the invading Army.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The United States will be nuked. China and Russia will nuke NY and LA. When the Chinese and Russians come, they will bring aid for the people. It will be like what happened at the end of WW2 in Japan and Germany. Americans will be glad to see them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The posed question was specifically regarding a conventional military. That answer still remains no. Not saying you are wrong in your assessment of how a non-conventional attack could occur, after years of planning. However, when one suggests that this is exactly what happened prior to the events of 9/11, one gets called a shill or disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Short Answer. Militarily, Yes. Politically, No.

300 million pissed of Americans, with 350 million guns... Good luck with that invading army.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In addition to regular Army units, plus Air National Guard, Reserve units, etc, there isn't a country out there with a private population as well armed as the United States. Personally speaking, I could hang out in a fire-fight for hours with the number/amount of fire-power I have at my house! (that is, provided tanks and RPG's weren't used :lol

edit on 15-6-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I totally agree with the OP, here in canada I feel somewhat the same way, I work in the railway industry as a mechanic and some of the retards they hire here have zero experience in any power tools or anything mechanized. They are used to sitting infront of computers playing video games having things handed to them and when its time to work they complain and dont even show up its horrible. Sometimes I wish things just went back 20, 30 years just to get ppl back to the days where they thought with their brains instead of google.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
The United States will be nuked.

As much as your posts show this to be a sick fantasy of yours - not gonna happen.

It will be like what happened at the end of WW2 in Japan and Germany. Americans will be glad to see them.

LOL dream on. They would meet deadly resistance across the country.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
the mainland could nor would be ever invaded by a conventional military.

i believe the existence of Santa Claus is more plausible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by getreadyalready

The posed question was specifically regarding a conventional military. That answer still remains no. Not saying you are wrong in your assessment of how a non-conventional attack could occur, after years of planning. However, when one suggests that this is exactly what happened prior to the events of 9/11, one gets called a shill or disinfo agent.

The US is a conventional military, and this is how we attacked Iraq both times. We infiltrated with spies, and we put special forces on the ground. Then we built up forces on one border and made several key press releases and UN speeches and Diplomatic attempts, all the while the speedier invading force was massing on the oppposite border, that force is what went in and began the war. Once they reacted to that surprise invasion, then the other border was softened and the larger slower force came in as well. We used their oil wells against them. We struck strategic points.

My scenario was not non-conventional in any way, except it was a little slower build up. Really, it wouldn't take anywhere near 500,000 to cause total chaos, look what 11 supposedly did. Look what 1 DC Sniper did.

Suppose it was China. Suppose they got 100 highly trained agents across the border illegally and another 100 across through diplomatic means. Then those 200 provided intel, targeting, and recruiting for domestic help. Then they started terrorist style attacks, all the while China's new Navy was performing exercises somewhere nearby, and their new kinetic weapons were ramping up for attack.

Once the whole thing pops off, and we're scrambling to cover here and there, they are landing foot soldiers, and controlling devasting areas like the Gulf Coast refineries or Coastal Nuke plants. Check these out. You think an enemy could get a handful of people in to control a few of these sites and then use them as bases knowing we couldn't possibly attack there?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the mainland could nor would be ever invaded by a conventional military.

i believe the existence of Santa Claus is more plausible.

You had better believe in Santa Clause. The US mainland has been invaded by a conventional military:-

www.lutins.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The question was a "conventional army". The few of you who think a country would even risk a large scale covert operation are not thinking logically.

I'm sure there are terrorist cells planted all around the United States. Some are even planted / funded by countries like Iran and N. Korea maybe even China and Russia. It's funny how if they come from the middle east we call them terrorists but if they come from any place else we call them spies.

The thing is nothing large scale will be attempted until we launch an attack first. These cells are kinda there for retaliation. I believe it's one of the many reasons we haven't done anything in Syria and are reluctant to strike Iran. As soon as we start dropping bombs they give the green light and all hell breaks loose.

The thing is the U.S. doesn't like to be attacked check out Japan or Afghanistan. So there aren't many countries who would attempt such a foolish action. Those that want to can't and those who might have a chance won't.

You can sleep easy at least for now.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

the wording of the OP is forward looking.

but at least you have something to hold on to.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How many countries have a blue water navy? How many countries have the LOGISTICAL equipment to airlift tanks, and hundreds of thousands of troops? See thats the thing about the US...its in a geographically secure spot while Europe, Asia etc are all tied together by land. Thats why you always heard of Russia and the US duking it out on the plains of Europe on not in the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

The U.S. could be invaded by a conventional military if these
troops were already here...foreign troops doing training exercises!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
How many countries have a blue water navy? How many countries have the LOGISTICAL equipment to airlift tanks, and hundreds of thousands of troops? See thats the thing about the US...its in a geographically secure spot while Europe, Asia etc are all tied together by land. Thats why you always heard of Russia and the US duking it out on the plains of Europe on not in the US.

I know no country was named, but face it, we are only talking about China or extremely small chance of Pakistan or Russia. In reality, we are talking about China. And, China doesn't have a history of invading countries overseas, they want Taiwan and Nepal, but they don't want the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Not very likely scenario, but what if Mexico and Canada decided they wanted to split the U.S. They are connected to America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join