It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You guys are funny.

How many people in this threas have no idea what this bill did? I have seen posts about people having amnesty, being granted citizenship, getting a free spin, not paying taxes, being granted voting rights..............
And to cap it off, Neo graced us and decleared that MITT ROMNEY IS HISPANIC! I nearly spit out my Heineken on that one. WTG, Neo.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find it hilarious that people think that not deporting them makes them citizens who can vote

I'm hoping people really don't think that...and are just trying to spread lies...it's the lesser of the two ignorance.

Fake ID. Something the illegal community is very good at. But you were hoping nobody would notice that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Dbriefed

If you have ever been to one of the ceremonys when these people become citizens, it is a very moving experience! They worked hard and they shed tears when they received their citizenship to this country and you could see it in their face, how happy and proud they were of their accomplishment!

You are correct! It is a slap in the face to those who legally worked hard and EARNED it!

I have seen a few of these ceremonys not just one. I think it would be a good educational experience for every citizen of this country to see this process that so many of us take for granted!

Exactly! It is a big slap in the face. I had the pleasure of attending a ceremony here in San Diego two summers ago when my husband became a citizen. He is from Tunisia and has had to work his butt off for everything from beating all the students in his city to get a chance to compete for a scholarship in France, to competing for more scholarships, getting his PhD to then finding work in the US under a J-1 visa, to being paid postdoc salary but having to work 60 hours a week in a lab, then paying thousands of dollars and attending interviews and countless paperwork which has to be perfect every time..and he did every single step of the way legally.
It was a very emotional experience. And just think, we have a child together that was born a citizen and his father was not yet! Amazing to see all those that went all the hoops and loops to go the correct way, waiting their turn, paying hard earned money, going to countless interviews, being looked over with a microscope..everything from asking what colour your wife's toothbrush is to being quizzed on every date you can remember!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Those are the civil penalties for improper entry. Under immigration law, improper entry into the US depending on number of occurrences and/or length of undocumented stay, can result in anywhere from a 3 year to I believe it is 10 year ban on legally entering the country.

So under current immigration law, many of the parents of those younger people who have spent most of their lives here illegally, would be subject to a lengthy ban on re-entry to the US

If they were to attempt to legalize their status after such a lengthy stay in the US without proper documentation, (this is based on the experiences of Legal residents or citizens of the US who have married an undocumented immigrant and in adherence of the law, started on the path to legal immigration) They first must return to their country of origin, from there if they have a relative that is of legal status within the US petitioning on their behalf for immigration benefits, they have the option of petitioning the government for a waiver of inadmissibility based on their previous stay in the US without proper documentation. The waiver of inadmissibility is based on the degree of hardship the Legal US resident or citizen will endure as a result of the ban. There are no guarantee's that the waiver will be granted, and until it is the foreign national is required to remain outside of the country. If the ban is upheld, they just have to wait it out, or the US side of the relationship can choose to move to the foreign national's country.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Text

Originally posted by TheTardis
Its kind of ironic that someone whose citizenship is in question is granting amnesty to a group of illegal immigrants. Does that make it all null and void if he is found to not be a citizen? lol.. Not trying to start that debate again, Just pointing out the irony of it all.. lol

What was that quote of his, not there fault the parent brought them here. Can't remember the exact words.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It does kinda suck, but like someone said, it's all for the votes.

I am a legal immigrant because my parents jumped through all the hoops to make me a US citizen. It was a 13 YEAR PROCESS and I became a citizen in '98, so this amnesty is unfair. But at the same time I also acknowledge the immigration problem. I just don't know if this is the answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Nice try.

Our country can't handle more illegals here.

SIMPLE,we are going broke and they are costing us BILLIONS.

Nice poem but its 2012 now.

Several apartment complex's down the street are another contry now.
Use to be more older people there and quiet.
None are there now.
Cops patrol it 20 times a day now.
The hallways stink now.

My community has gone down the toilet.
If you think all the immigration to this country is good, thats your opinion.
Sure as hell not mine!

You should write/quote poems to other countries on how to make them better?

I am not responsible for there free stay here,medical or for schooling and will not pay for it.
Comprehendo?

Why do they demand another country pay for them or dream?

No,Im not Hitler, and I know the US will have to "bite the bullet" in some ways,but there are alot that need to go back home!
DEPORTED
To many "Pedros's and Amondo's" roaming the streets here visiting Sannchos family so to say.

Nice try.

But NO!

Illegals cost the US 113 billion a year.

edit on 15-6-2012 by MollyMN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

I'm right there with you. My husband and I have been married for 10 years this coming July. I was quite naive and believed as many who have not been faced with the realities of immigration, that marriage to a US Citizen required minimal hoop jumping. After we married, intent on getting those hoops taken care of I discovered how misinformed I was.....I also discovered that at that point in time I couldn't meet the requirements for the proof of support so we would have to separate and wait until I could. In June 2006 I had raised my income and jumped through sufficient hoops that my husband was allowed to live with me in the US as we proceeded through the remainder of the process required to at least gain status as a lawful permanent resident. In 2008 we impatiently kept watch over processing times for adjustment of status cases. During that year due to numerous fair housing violations on behalf of my apartment complex, I was hospitalized numerous times and forced to remain on high doses of steroids so I could continue to breathe and thus live. By November I had developed such severe osteoporosis from being forced to take the steroids for so long and such high doses that one day my hip just broke..no accident, no fall, it just wouldn't support me anymore. Not realizing it was broken I applied heating pads over the course of the next 24 hours before finally accepting that I needed to visit the ER, which was followed by emergency surgery and a stay in the ICU.....which is where I was when we received the letter providing us with an interview date and time for his green card. It was a difficult time and both of us ended up misreading the date and we missed the interview. His petition was denied for abandonment and we had to petition for a Motion to reopen, we waited and waited for a decision it was granted, then we waited even more for an interview date. In January last year we contacted them and were informed that it would be at least 6 months longer before we could expect to receive an interview. 6 months later we received a letter stating that we had been granted an interview the year before and failed to attend it so he was again denied. We never received notice of an interview and the next year we were informed it would be 6 more months so none of it made sense. We made an infopass appointment to question this and discovered that my husbands A number was also assigned to someone else in another state, and they could find no record of an interview letter sent to my husband. So we had to apply again for a motion to reopen, after waiting a significant length of time and then and after contacting our congressional representative a month ago have received word that our case should be coming up any time now....

And we're still waiting, and although he is able to remain here with me he is unable to work, we have to come up with I believe it's around $390.00 to apply for a work permit or continue to wait for the green card to obtain work authorization.

I want my hoops eliminated, I want to be granted amnesty, I've already given them a couple thousand dollars, my husband has been investigated by all available government entities and been determined to be safe to enter the US, we've more than proven we are a legitimate married couple, we've followed all the laws and requirements and waited patiently most of the time for them to get around to us.

Why can't we have what they are being given *crys* It is NOT FAIR!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
. But at the same time I also acknowledge the immigration problem. I just don't know if this is the answer.

It's definitely not the answer unless they grant amnesty to those currently struggling through the legal immigration process and refund all money the government has received from them in filing fee's

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
FIrst gays, now Hispanics.
Obama is now exploting Hispanics for more votes when just several months ago he said this executive order would be illegal.

BLATANT HYPOCRISY YET MANY WILL REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's the point. From a moral standpoint, Obama should be more concerned with the welfare of his citizens as opposed to safeguarding illegal immigrants. Other countries treat illegal immigrants abhorrently, sometimes even punishing them with death. This is, of course, extreme, and I'm not suggesting we kill illegals by any means, but at a time when something like 110 million Americans are either unemployed or underemployed, I think any leader concerned with his people would try to secure jobs for legal citizens and immigrants, not cater to a specific demographic in hopes of winning their vote. It's pathetic behavior and should not be praised.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This is gonna make the right wing in this country see red, lol. I bet the koch brothers and Americans for prosperity are gonna dump huge amounts of money (more that what they give already) for paid opinions all over the internet.

I have worked in food service my entire life and these people you like to call illegals are some of the best workers and people, America grows stronger by this move.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
if other immigrants countries bordered the us they would be here illegally as well. 75000 illegal canadians are in the us, and canada is far better off than mexico. well you can all stop crying for now lol illegal mexicans are going back to mexico because of our crappy economy.

numbers of illegal mexicans in the u.s going down.

"Illegal immigrants from Mexico residing in the U.S. still outnumber their legal counterparts, but the proportion has shifted, the report found. The number of Mexican illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. fell from 7 million in 2007 to about 6.1 million in 2011. In the same period, the number of legal immigrants from Mexico residing here increased from 5.6 million to 5.8 million."

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was wrong, it's not amnesty for all illegal immigrants. It's to help those who really want to stay in America and work.

Which is a difference.

Damn it getting all caught up in the freaking hyperbole knee-jerk reaction.

Edit:

It's the REPUBLICANS who are calling it amnesty for every single ilelgal immigrant out there.

edit on 15-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by neo96

Romney is hispanic.

Doesn't help him with the Hispanic vote.

But it helps Obama,hence the uproar,of being a political move.....

We ALREADY know,Obama has the hispanic vote,this solidifies it,and gives more reason,for illegals to try and vote for him.........I know I would,if I was illegal,and fell for "hope and change".

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

This is gonna make the right wing in this country see red, lol. I bet the koch brothers and Americans for prosperity are gonna dump huge amounts of money (more that what they give already) for paid opinions all over the internet.

I have worked in food service my entire life and these people you like to call illegals are some of the best workers and people, America grows stronger by this move.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, (sound of an obnoxious buzzer)!!!!

I find the right as wrong and obnoxious as the left! So your theory that everyone who is against your savior is a right winger................Think again! I think both parties have been pretty instrumental in bringing this country to it's knees!

Love to see how you people who pick a team try to deal with those of us who have actually woken the hell up and don't believe a damn thing that comes from either side!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am a naturalized citizen who went through a great deal to become one. I can't help but feel a little angry, not to mention foolish for having adhered to every law and jumped through every hoop in order to emigrate legally. What do you tell a person like me if you let all the illegals in? Why should I adhere to other laws if the current ones are ignored and illegals are pardoned?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyBatty

I am a naturalized citizen who went through a great deal to become one. I can't help but feel a little angry, not to mention foolish for having adhered to every law and jumped through every hoop in order to emigrate legally. What do you tell a person like me if you let all the illegals in? Why should I adhere to other laws if the current ones are ignored and illegals are pardoned?

Your frustration is understood my friend! But I have to tell you this, "You have my deepest respect! You worked hard and earned what you have received!"!

I respect you as well as a lot of my other American brothers and sister! You earned it!!!! No one can take that away from you! As for those who are riding into the system on the tails of political hypocracy.............they will never have my respect, nor my approval! You ARE an American citizen and no one can take that away from you!

edit on 15-6-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think ALL immigrants should be deported....starting with those Spanish dudes back in 1492.

Go back where you came from and leave all us indigenous people alone....

And don't kill anymore damn buffalo on your way out!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
from the CNN article.

Under the new policy, people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military can get a two-year deferral from deportation, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said.

Read the Napolitano memo (PDF)

It also will allow those meeting the requirements to apply for work permits, Napolitano said, adding that participants must be in the United States now and be able to prove they have been living in the country continuously for at least five years.

The "added" votes come from general supporters who are already committed.
(net gain new votes = 0)

The Loss of Votes comes from people on the fence, and from people who will now vote against Obama because of how they view this new deal, or how they might feel 'threatened" by it. It's all about perception again.

Obama has done it again !!

This will actually COST votes

This will also present new opportunities for fake I.D. and maybe some voter fraud.
Some people could end up being "registered" twice because of I.D. theft.
This may also prevent some from even "registering" out of fear of targeting later on if and when the directive changes again.
It Will create a new database of possible illegals in the future.

But the net (loss) of Obama votes will cost him.

Obama has no base record for doing anything positive for the majority of Americans who will be voting.

It's mostly negative, especially financial.

Time is almost up !

The Campaign should pass out free candy.
That might get more new votes !
Note: the picture is NOT edited !! It's from an old TV show !!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join