Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One more time.

Let's keep the personal attacks out of this convo.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Most of them work under the table and the ones that dont are sending money back to Mexico and not spending it here.

Not an illegal thing to do. I am 100% American and I send money to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oh wow.. Do a little research man.. First, they are mostly children,

Let me do your research for you.

Under the administration plan, illegal immigrants will be immune from deportation if they were brought to the United States before they turned 16 and are younger than 30, have been in the country for at least five continuous years, have no criminal history, graduated from a U.S. high school or earned a GED, or served in the military.

So they have to be graduated from high school or have a GED...yeah...mostly "children"

If and I mean IF they work, how much taxes are they really paying and again IF they work, they are sending half that money back to Mexico to try and bring more of their family into the country. That is the biggest issue with them. Most of them work under the table and the ones that dont are sending money back to Mexico and not spending it here. Open your eyes. And before you say anything back about it. I live right in the friggen heart of it. I see it all around me. Your not going to snow me over on this one.

I guess you missed the part where they get work permits which allows them to legally work and hence pay taxes. If you are against illegals getting paid under the table and not paying taxes...you should suppor this.

Just because you live in "the heart of it" doesn't mean you comprehend the situation...in fact...judging from your opinion on other topics...I'm sure you are very confused about this one as well.

I mean, you think this is mostly for "children"...you know...those high school graduate little kids.
edit on 15-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

And by those numbers that includes TONS of small children and those for years have been called Anchor Babies. Now look at it from another direction. That means that Illegal parents who dont qualify might have a child that does in which case how do we deport the parents without the child? Oh and without voter reform many of those people will vote illegally with old SS numbers or without ID's and who are they voting for? Read between the lines folks. This is just like the proposed hike in minimum wage. This has to do with the parents not the kids.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And you dont think they are going to start making exceptions to any of this? You can get a GED at a pretty young age and its not that hard. When have the rules of anything been followed? This is all propaganda and you know it. Keep on defending it. Wont work.

And FYI. CNN Lists it this way. Which one is true? A successful student can be any age. By this list and by my calculation a 2 year old brought here 5 years ago and is passing 2nd grade can get this.

Under the new policy, people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military can get a two-year deferral from deportation, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said.
edit on 15-6-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
reply to post by caladonea

And by those numbers that includes TONS of small children and those for years have been called Anchor Babies. Now look at it from another direction. That means that Illegal parents who dont qualify might have a child that does in which case how do we deport the parents without the child? Oh and without voter reform many of those people will vote illegally with old SS numbers or without ID's and who are they voting for? Read between the lines folks. This is just like the proposed hike in minimum wage. This has to do with the parents not the kids.

What don't you understand about one of the qualifications being that they need to have graduated high school or have a GED???

You sound crazy...and you are so bent out of shape about this you saying ridiculous things...like keep insisting this is for children.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
And in a huge coincidence this announcement coincides with Time magazines new cover.

Time Magazine

--

(CBS News) The cover of the latest issue of Time magazine features journalist Jose Antonio Vargas and 35 other undocumented workers who reveal their names and stories in the magazine.

Vargas outed himself last year as one of the nearly 12 million undocumented workers in the United States. A Pulitzer Prize winner, he wrote the Time cover story, saying there hasn't been an honest discussion in the U.S. about the issue.

And oddly enough, he does mention taxes....

Vargas suggested that a system that gives people the chance to come forward would be fair. "We're almost invisibly visible," he said. "You know we're here. So allow us to come forward and say, 'Hey, if you want us to pay our back taxes, if you want us to wait in some sort of line. If you want us to learn to speak English,' ... But give us the process that we can enter."

CBSnews

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Third time:

stop with the personal attacks now

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And you dont think they are going to start making exceptions to any of this? You can get a GED at a pretty young age and its not that hard. When have the rules of anything been followed? This is all propaganda and you know it. Keep on defending it. Wont work.

Oh, I see...so you aren't upset by the ACTUAL program...you are just mad about the "what ifs" and the "maybes"???

Seriouslly...get a grip...don't be so hateful towards decent human beings that are given a chance for a better life.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I will admit that it is a good ploy.

It was an election year move, nothing more. The sad part? These illegal immigrants actually think Obama is doing this for them.

If that were the case, he'd have done it years ago.

But no.

He had to wait 5 months before his election.

Maybe this is what Obama meant by transparent. His open manipulation for nothing other than votes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Oh, I see...so you aren't upset by the ACTUAL program...you are just mad about the "what ifs" and the "maybes"???

Seriouslly...get a grip...don't be so hateful towards decent human beings that are given a chance for a better life.

Now.. I think it is just crazy that you argue tooth and nail about something that is obviously a election year campaign tactic. But feel free to keep saying that I dont understand it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It was an election year move, nothing more. The sad part? These illegal immigrants actually think Obama is doing this for them.

But no.

Does it matter?

Does it matter if he did it on day one or on his last day?

Believe me, to the people, families, friends and loved ones of the people this will positively effect...no one cares about the timing.

Better late than never...right?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The reaction to this is hilarious, it's like someone threw a live wire on you guys. I think it's a good thing, the first thing Obama's done in a long time that I approve of, still not voting for him though...especially after yesterday's TPP leak. These are people who were brought here by their parents and grew up here as Americans. They should be allowed to stay and work legally and pay taxes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Now.. I think it is just crazy that you argue tooth and nail about something that is obviously a election year campaign tactic. But feel free to keep saying that I dont understand it.

When did I ever say it isn't an election year tactic???

In fact I said it was a great move and a great win for Obama.

I honestly don't care...it's a good thing...it's overdue...and it is a positive for many families living in America. These people who will benefit from this are just as American as me and you...why don't you want to see them succeed?

And I'm saying you don't understand it because you displayed that you didn't by claiming this is MOSTLY for CHILDREN. You have been shown to be wrong...sorry you talked before knowing the facts

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously, do you really think that Mitt R would take the Latin vote if Obama had not done this?

Whether Obama did this or not he still gets the Latin vote.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I stand corrected on the age thing. Where I read it first didnt say they had to have graduated or have GED. It just said had to be a good student. Thats a totally different age bracket. However it is still an election year campaign move and I see it being able to be manipulated to include more and more people as they see fit. If it is kept to its original form then great. But it is still cheap campaign move and had a Rep tried this they would be getting fried by the Dems right now.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by beezzer

But no.

Does it matter?

Does it matter if he did it on day one or on his last day?

Believe me, to the people, families, friends and loved ones of the people this will positively effect...no one cares about the timing.

Better late than never...right?

Timing is everything in politics.

Personally, I think amnesty is a bad idea. And I don't care who comes up with the idea. All this is is The Dream Act Redux.

And it's political.

Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously, do you really think that Mitt R would take the Latin vote if Obama had not done this?

Whether Obama did this or not he still gets the Latin vote.

That all depends if Rubio was his Veep choice. But this still doesn't counter his attacks on catholics, which the hispanic population is a large part of.
edit on 15-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Everything a politician does it political.

Republicans who are talking against this...is political.

This is harming no one...it is giving people a chance at a better life...people who have no criminal record and are good members of society. Even the argument that they are a criminal because they are here illegally doesn't work because this is only for people who were brought here as children by their parents...you can charge a kid with a crime that the parent commits.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It is an election year move it's also convenient timing because the media is going to be on fire with this and totally forget about this. Not the Right Wing Media circuit was going to be blazing with TPP anyway. Obama should have done this day one instead of the largest deportation under any US President.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join