It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That is what happens with a two party political system, so I am not suprised.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

There are fifty parties to chose from and this should be the focus of everyone....sadly it is NOT!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
After reading the reply after reply in this thread from American citizens...I think I know what the problem is.

Some American citizens fear competition from immigrants because they know the immigrants will win hands down in the job market.

The immigrants are more driven, harder working, and in a lot of cases smarter than these American citizens who are bitching and moaning about them. But they can't admit that...because of their American ego...so they just go with that these immigrants are criminals, stupid, and lazy....even though it just isn't true.

These immigrants come here to WORK their asses off to provide a better life for their children. Their children see all their parents have done for them and in turn they WORK their asses off to become successful in this country.

The Americans in this thread that are bitching about these immigrants are just scared because they know they can't compete with them...because in fact they are the lazy ones...they want the job that gives them everything for doing nothing...they want to get paid a ton of money for little work...they aren't willing to sacrafice to give their children a better life...they want it NOW and they want it for THEMSELVES.

Immigrants aren't lazy, they risk their life in most cases just to get here. They'll take a job that gives them little for doing more work in a day than most people do in a week. They just want to get paid a little money to feed their family (regardless if they live here or in another country). They are willing to sacrafice to give their children a better life. They will do without now, so their children and family can have better later.

What we see here is the difference between two types of people, this subgroup of Americans that hate immigrants because they feel ENTITLED to be successful just because they are a citizen. And we have the immigrants who feel DETERMINED to be successful despite if they are a citizen or not.

This is what it all comes down to....and damn....I might just make a thread about it

OS, from my personal experience, I have seen illegals hired over an american citizen, not because they were harder workers or better in any way, but simply because they would work for less wages. I have worked for over 30 years alongside legals and illegals and illegals worked like anyone else. To place the illegals above a citizen is a shame and insulting.

Legal citizens also work their asses off their entire lives. Legals want a better life for the families as well, but are being displaced by illegals. The illegals get jobs at the expense of a citizen who is struggling to feed their families. This is right? This is fair? What makes an illegal more important than one who comes here with great respect and through the proper channels? How do you think all these people feel having to be in the back of th line while someone shoves to the head of the line? That's the thing here, people will rant and rave about the rights of an illegal while completely ignoring the struggle of the legal citizen or immigrant who is doing everything they can to be a part of the country.

What many do not realize is that we have thousands of people who make like a dollar or two above the poverty limit, therefore are are refused any kind of help, while an illegal can get welfare and medical. Do you know how many of our citizens have to decide between life saving medicines or food?? These people have worked their entire lives and have depleted their life savings. How do you think these people feel OS? Can you look an elderly person in the eyes and tell them oh well an illegal is more important than you,so deal with it?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Night Star

"...data from Los Angeles County officials shows up to $600 million in welfare benefits may have been paid out to illegal immigrants in 2010."

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

"Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S."
www.judicialwatch.org...

Right here is the problem I have, being the daughter of immigrants, and a citizen that can't get healthcare and with children that need healthcare but can't get it, although our tax dollars go to these programs that provide healthcare to illegals.

Yea, I have a problem with that.

Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. The only reason I have medical right now is because I am still being treated for cancer,otherwise I will have nothing. We have many citizens who fall through the cracks because they make a buck or two over the poverty limit, therefore are denied any help. To see an illegal get benefits, food stamps, cheap housing, free schooling for their children, all on our tax dollars while citizens can't afford medical for themselves is neither fair nor right.

I couldn't imagine going to another country to live and demand anything of that country while their own people arn't being taken care of.

This has nothing to do with being racist or hateful. It has everything to do with our own poor people of every color and race who are struggling to survive. What makes an illegal more important than anyone else? Our citizens are willing and able to do the jobs that illegals are doing. We did them for years. No American would deny any job and watch their family starve.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

This is why smaller parties are good.

They are authentic. In america we have paid-off politicians who kiss each other's ass.

No emotion, no values, everything is scripted.

And the hell with political correctness. If I want to confront someone on their stupidity I should be able to....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That is what happens with a two party political system, so I am not suprised.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

There are fifty parties to chose from and this should be the focus of everyone....sadly it is NOT!

Chris Matthews is not a happy camper.

I wonder why Obama does not enjoy democrats company???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
mistake

edit on 18-6-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
reply to post by habitforming

Yo man, it doesn't hurt to be a little bit more respectful of other people. You can get your point across without being rude.
It takes intelligence to give your opinion and not be nasty while you're doing it. There's no honor in slinging insults.

When people claim things are facts they can then not seem to back up when asked, I get upset. Why? Well, it is not polite or respectful to lie to me. When you lie to me, you get treated better by me than I am being by you. If you want to get in the middle of things, how about you either prove their claim for them or explain to me why I should be anything but angry when I am lied to.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

annee, again, this is so too about amnesty
High school and college aged illegal immigrant children usually are still (especially these days) depending on their illegal immigrant parents that brought them here- the parents that have identification theft going on- I'm sorry but I didn't bring them here. What to do when the parents are deported? They need to be with their parents.
People 30 years old should have applied for citizenship long before they got that old if they love it here so much. Their parents have had time to get them citizenship; if they can afford college then they get citizenship.
What are they Thinking? And please show me every other country that doesn't deport illegals because of their illegal immigrant children.
Heck, a person with a visa you can't even get medical attention in Europe without cash up front, I Know this from personal experience.
Forget overstaying a visa or sneaking into their country, having your children with you and then sending them to college. I'm not sure but I think we Might even be the only country left with birthright citizenship and now obama goes over the people And congress to give amnesty - rewarding illegal behavior is not a good set of values to anyone.
I'm not trying to get anywhere with you by attacking obama I don't need to I am just saying the truth.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line And he insults America And this will get vetoed or whatever they do after obama is fired in the next election

ALERT! Call, fax, and email to express your outrage at the Obama administrative amnesty!
The Obama Administration has implemented much of the DREAM Act amnesty by executive fiat. It said the new policy would cover 800,000 illegal aliens, but the Pew Hispanic Center said the number could be 1.4 million, and that does not include the parents or other family members who are much less likely to be deported once one family member receives amnesty.
Tell the President and Congress that you are outraged by this administrative amnesty. Please call the White House Comment Line at 202-456-1111 or the White House switchboard at 202-456-1414. Call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask individually for your Senator or Representative.

Click here to learn more and to Fax or e-mail your Senators or Representative.

capwiz.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
reply to post by habitforming

Yo man, it doesn't hurt to be a little bit more respectful of other people. You can get your point across without being rude.
It takes intelligence to give your opinion and not be nasty while you're doing it. There's no honor in slinging insults.

When people claim things are facts they can then not seem to back up when asked, I get upset. Why? Well, it is not polite or respectful to lie to me. When you lie to me, you get treated better by me than I am being by you. If you want to get in the middle of things, how about you either prove their claim for them or explain to me why I should be anything but angry when I am lied to.

Still pissed because of a personal story I shared? Good grief! Calm down! Why would I lie? What would that prove? What satisfaction would I get from that? What would you like me to do, give you their phone numbers so you can set up a meeting to speak with them yoursefl? I would rather not post at all than to lie. That's not me. I would never deliberately decieve my fellow ATS members. I am not perfect and might mistakes here and there, but I will apologise and admit a wrong doing. I shared a personal story and you chose not to believe it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is a very long Thread and I have only read the first and last pages, So, OP and participants, please forgive me if this has already been covered.

Those aged between 16 and 30 who have lived in the US for five years could now be eligible for work permits.

www.bbc.co.uk...

That’s what gave rise to the Dream Act. It says that if your parents brought you here as a child, you’ve been here for five years and you’re willing to go to college or serve in our military, you can one day earn your citizenship.

www.nytimes.com...

It is amazing that so many posters have chosen to accept the MSM take on this DREAM ticket thing as being a Democrats vote catcher!

18-30 probably represents the age range for the first draft and anyone applying for a DREAM ticket is just foreign cannon fodder for the American military machine.

edit on 19/6/2012 by teapot because: grammar

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And the hell with political correctness. If I want to confront someone on their stupidity I should be able to....

I would enjoy electing representatives to battle in an arena. Go back to the old school stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I find it hilarious that people think that not deporting them makes them citizens who can vote

I find it hilarious that people think that this is not his way of securing more hispanic vote.
No matter if it's those - new with amnesty- themselves, or others who are here.
Eventually those with amnesty will be citizens and voting. Guess who they'll vote for?
He did this UNILATERALLY and is acting like an emperor .. all to get votes for the democrats.

I find it hilarious that the thread title is "Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line" and it's somehow changed to immigrants loving it...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Some attacks are best ignored.... You offer good poins based on your personal experience.
edit on 17-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

She made a blanket statement about all illegal immigrants based on what SHE WAS TOLD by a few she happened to know.

What happened to people's brains?

In Houston alone, it is said that 7o% of illegal immigrants are on welfare.
www.39online.com...

"...data from Los Angeles County officials shows up to $600 million in welfare benefits may have been paid out to illegal immigrants in 2010."

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

"Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S."
www.judicialwatch.org...

TRUTH:

“The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion. Undocumented immigrants produced $1.58 billion in state revenues, which exceeded the $1.16 billion in state services they received. However, local governments bore the burden of $1.44 billion in uncompensated health care costs and local law enforcement costs not paid for by the state.”
— Carole Keeton Strayhorn, Texas Comptroller

www.cpa.state.tx.us...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Wow. This post REALLY IRKS ME to no avail! I want to beat-up someone after reading it.........

How dare you call american people lazy and consider yourself left??? What the hell is wrong with you??

I keep forgetting liberals are capitalists with SUPERFICIAL treatment of the capitalist syndrome. You guys are hypocrites just like the conservatives. Americans come FIRST, not mexicans, not somalians, not palestinians, not yugoslavians.

YES wages SUFFER when illegals FLOOD the market and unions go south. This is common sense for everyone. When I work I want good pay, benefits, vacation, health insurance, etc EVEN if I am flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

It is NOT racism. It is PROTECTIONISM from people with imperialist mindsets such as yourself!! I hate cheap labor and YOU LOVE IT.

Cheap labor imports from East Asia are a much bigger obstacle for the hourly wage. If American's like low-cost products we're going to have to continue importing cheap labor products. If we want to pay more, then we can buy American made. Or if we want to buy American made and pay less, than we might have to work for less. So I only see foreign imports as the best option for buying on the cheap. I don't think migrant workers and the like have much to do with our hourly wages.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
ALERT!
Contact Your Congressional Representative to Block Executive Amnesty Order
Two separate bills have been introduced into the House of Representatives to overturn President Obama's executive order implementing much of the DREAM Act amnesty HR 5957. , by Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ), and HR5953, by Rep. Ben Quayle (R-AZ), would block the Secretary of Homeland Security from deferring deportations or from limiting the enforcement of our immigration laws.
This executive amnesty could cover at least two million illegal aliens. The order not only suspends deportations, but also authorizes the issuance of work permits, even as 20 million Americans cannot find full-time work.
capwiz.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
ALERT!
Two separate bills have been introduced into the House of Representatives to overturn President Obama's executive order implementing much of the DREAM Act amnesty HR 5957. , by Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ), and HR5953, by Rep. Ben Quayle (R-AZ), would block the Secretary of Homeland Security from deferring deportations or from limiting the enforcement of our immigration laws.
This executive amnesty could cover at least two million illegal aliens. The order not only suspends deportations, but also authorizes the issuance of work permits, even as 20 million Americans cannot find full-time work.
capwiz.com...

Schemers will cherry-pick facts to create a distorted image of something very far from reality. These Schemers do this to incite alarm to foster support for an impotent Cause with little to no worth. An ineffectual cause like this has no innate impetus, and so one must be manufactured. By inciting Alarm, the schemer is able to exploit the provoked fight-or-flight impulsivity, giving his/her cause the perfect catalyst. This is because this type of emotional urgency conditions the patsy to act expeditiously without thought.

According to CBO and BLS, the current unemployment rate is 8.2%. This is 8.2% of the Civilian Labor Force, not 8.2% of the U.S. population.

The BLS says the current Civilian Labor Force is 155,000,000 people.

So lets do the math; 155,000,000 x 0.082 = 12,710,000 unemployed.

The BLS also says ~3,700,000 jobs remain open and vacant.

In the United States we have a Capitalist economic system. In such a system, competition is the driving force for innovation and economic efficiency.

Last time I checked, most employers hire based on qualifications, not ethnicity. If two applicants submit resumes, the employer will hire the more qualified of the two individuals. If neither are qualified, the job will likely remain vacant until it can be filled by a someone who is qualified.

Now these people who so many callously call illegal immigrants are actually human beings who came here as children and have lived here for a long time. These are people who went to school here, built families here, and they are just as American as you or I. In fact, you probably know some and don’t even know their immigration status. On paper, and in biased/racist minds, they are NOT people. Rather they are statistics, political tools to be exploited for political dogmas.

In any event, these people will compete for jobs against American citizens. American citizens will usually have the upper hand because they have permanency. Two-year stop-gap protection from deportation doesn’t offer much security for the long-term bottom line of an employer.

So, these immigrants will not only have difficulties with racist and biased stigmas, they’ll also need significantly more qualification to have an edge over an American citizen who has permanency and social legitimacy.

With all of I have explained, and reflecting on what I know and have experienced, I have to say I am extremely angry at your cavalier ignorance for perpetuating such harmful lies and distortions. These malicious fallacies serve only to exploit and destroy families for cheap acquisition of political gain. You are a Schemer’s patsy.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuonSpin

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
ALERT!
capwiz.com...

Schemers will cherry-pick facts to create a distorted image of something very far from reality. These Schemers do this to incite alarm to foster support for an impotent Cause with little to no worth. An ineffectual cause like this has no innate impetus, and so one must be manufactured. By inciting Alarm, the schemer is able to exploit the provoked fight-or-flight impulsivity, giving his/her cause the perfect catalyst. This is because this type of emotional urgency conditions the patsy to act expeditiously without thought.

According to CBO and BLS, the current unemployment rate is 8.2%. This is 8.2% of the Civilian Labor Force, not 8.2% of the U.S. population.

The BLS says the current Civilian Labor Force is 155,000,000 people.

So lets do the math; 155,000,000 x 0.082 = 12,710,000 unemployed.

The BLS also says ~3,700,000 jobs remain open and vacant.

In the United States we have a Capitalist economic system. In such a system, competition is the driving force for innovation and economic efficiency.

Last time I checked, most employers hire based on qualifications, not ethnicity. If two applicants submit resumes, the employer will hire the more qualified of the two individuals. If neither are qualified, the job will likely remain vacant until it can be filled by a someone who is qualified.

Now these people who so many callously call illegal immigrants are actually human beings who came here as children and have lived here for a long time. These are people who went to school here, built families here, and they are just as American as you or I. In fact, you probably know some and don’t even know their immigration status. On paper, and in biased/racist minds, they are NOT people. Rather they are statistics, political tools to be exploited for political dogmas.

In any event, these people will compete for jobs against American citizens. American citizens will usually have the upper hand because they have permanency. Two-year stop-gap protection from deportation doesn’t offer much security for the long-term bottom line of an employer.

So, these immigrants will not only have difficulties with racist and biased stigmas, they’ll also need significantly more qualification to have an edge over an American citizen who has permanency and social legitimacy.

With all of I have explained, and reflecting on what I know and have experienced, I have to say I am extremely angry at your cavalier ignorance for perpetuating such harmful lies and distortions. These malicious fallacies serve only to exploit and destroy families for cheap acquisition of political gain. You are a Schemer’s patsy.

I have seen with my own eyes how citizens were turned away from jobs while an illegal got hired instead and it had nothing to do with qualifications.The illegal will work for cheap. This has nothing at all to do with racism. Illegal is not a race. No one is saying the illegals are not people. They are people who chose to break our laws and put themselves ahead of those coming through the proper channels. They are people aho have displaced american workers and drove wages down. They are people who recieve benefits and free medical when many of our citizens are a buck or two above the poverty limit. You cannot place a foreigner above an american citizen. Citizens are struggling and suffering and have families to feed too.

To insult people who want our laws followed and are concerned with the plight of the american citzen and those coming here with respect and the proper way will get you nowhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Really? How many times have you seen this? And for what types of positions did you see an employer hire a less qualified individual for less money? I have to say I believe that is rare. Maybe for unskilled labor positions this kind of thing happens, but I can't imagine its common in the professional job market. There are ~3.7 million vacant jobs simply because many employers won't hire applicants who don't have the skills needed to perform the job functions. And remember, this entire issue revolves around immigrants who came here as KIDS, have lived here for a long time and have been educated in our schools. Many of these kids are already indoctrinated in our culture and I find it hard to believe they would be taking up all the jobs for less pay as has been implied.. A lot of these kids are, at least the ones I have met, very motivated individuals who carry on to college and so on. Personally, I have yet to see an employer hire an unqualified individual simply because they offered to work for less money. Any respectable company wouldn't want to take on the liability. I don't buy it. I think the argument is weak.

I wasn't insulting someone for wanting to follow the law. Thats a bit of a stretch on your part. I am not advocating allowing immigrants to break the law. Nor am I expressing a lack of concern for Americans. I am advocating fixing our immigration system in a compassionate and humane manner. I am hoping politicians and others treat these people with the same dignity and respect they would give to their own family if they were in the same position.

Also, I was criticizing the above poster for perpetuating lies and distortions to support their political or personal agendas. It may not concern them much, but their lazy &/or cavalier attitudes are potentially hurting a lot of people. IF they are spreading around falsehoods it is only because they are not taking the time objectively analyze the information they receive and disseminate. And if I am to be criticized for pointing out the truth, so be it. I typically try to avoid insulting anyone, but if I need to be perceived as a jerk to get the truth across by calling someone out on their lies, it's worth it in my book.

And if you tell me the vast majority of these anti-immigrant types are simply doing what they do out of compassion for the American people, I would say I don't believe that for a moment. IF they were, they wouldn't be propagating myths & stereotypes to support their case for change.

I am an American and I hate to see anyone out of a job. I empathize with the unemployed. I've been there myself many times. I have kids to feed like many others. And yet, I still don't see why our economic struggles keep getting dragged into this 2-year deportation stop-gap put in place by Obama. There is no evidence to support the notion these immigrants will be stealing jobs from unemployed Americans. There is only political dribble coming from very biased politicians and media outlets for the sole purpose of exploiting myths and stereotypes.. I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

And I want to reiterate, the people covered under this policy are just as American as you or I. And that's the real idea behind this policy. Any American who says otherwise makes themselves a hypocrite the moment they do.
edit on 22-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join