It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Just a hunch, but I doubt that any answer would please you or be to your satisfaction.

Actually any answer that backed your claim would have been awesome. I would have gobbled that # up.

That's ok, you believe what you want to and I will believe what I want to.

Cool, my beliefs rely on facts, not AM radio fear mongering.

The OP's topic at hand is: "Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line"

Which is a complete farce.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Yo man, it doesn't hurt to be a little bit more respectful of other people. You can get your point across without being rude.
It takes intelligence to give your opinion and not be nasty while you're doing it. There's no honor in slinging insults.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Personally, I don't really care if they're here legally or not. There are far too many of them and there are only so many lawns to maintain. They don't contribute much to our society, they refuse to even learn our language, and they tend to abuse the entitlements (such as WIC) that I have no idea why are even available to them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ToeJamX

Ignorance is such a bliss

The fact that you got a star for that post that just shows your lack of understanding of this situation is just sad.
edit on 6/17/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToeJamX
Personally, I don't really care if they're here legally or not. There are far too many of them and there are only so many lawns to maintain. They don't contribute much to our society, they refuse to even learn our language, and they tend to abuse the entitlements (such as WIC) that I have no idea why are even available to them.

Nice stereotyping.

What about those from Canada? We have a northern border too.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I actually attended college with some of these immigrants that will benefit from this, I still keep in touch with some and they're excited. Some of them are already planning to apply for internships at law firms and some really high level jobs.

Most of them finished college and got their degree too.

I'm really happy for them

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Annee

I actually attended college with some of these immigrants that will benefit from this, I still keep in touch with some and they're excited. Some of them are already planning to apply for internships at law firms and some really high level jobs.

Great!

I worked at a processing plant during the last amnesty. Many were highly educated - - especially those from El Salvador. Apparently El Salvador - - has a very strong education system.

These kids do come from all over the world. They aren't just from Mexico because its a border country.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Annee

Sounds like a good story.

And I agree that there is a problem.

But what will your friends do in two years when this temporary plan ends ?

What have they been doing to avoid any deportations ?

edit to add: What have they been doing to obtain a "legal" job ?

and how will a law firm get a "legal job status" for people in this dilemma ?

something sounds fishy with something.

edit on Jun-18-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They have been doing the same thing every illegal does, and that's to stay in the shadows. The memo issued stats that these work permits can be renewed every 2 years.

Personally I think this is just a temporary fix, while they get some sort of bi partisan support for the real Dream Act.

Supposedly Marco Rubio has crafted his own version of the Dream Act and will be introduced to congress later this year.

A lot of them don't have jobs, they just do side jobs that don't require them to fill out applications.
edit on 6/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

"...data from Los Angeles County officials shows up to $600 million in welfare benefits may have been paid out to illegal immigrants in 2010."

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

"Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S."
www.judicialwatch.org...

Right here is the problem I have, being the daughter of immigrants, and a citizen that can't get healthcare and with children that need healthcare but can't get it, although our tax dollars go to these programs that provide healthcare to illegals.

Yea, I have a problem with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
After reading the reply after reply in this thread from American citizens...I think I know what the problem is.

Some American citizens fear competition from immigrants because they know the immigrants will win hands down in the job market.

The immigrants are more driven, harder working, and in a lot of cases smarter than these American citizens who are bitching and moaning about them. But they can't admit that...because of their American ego...so they just go with that these immigrants are criminals, stupid, and lazy....even though it just isn't true.

These immigrants come here to WORK their asses off to provide a better life for their children. Their children see all their parents have done for them and in turn they WORK their asses off to become successful in this country.

The Americans in this thread that are bitching about these immigrants are just scared because they know they can't compete with them...because in fact they are the lazy ones...they want the job that gives them everything for doing nothing...they want to get paid a ton of money for little work...they aren't willing to sacrafice to give their children a better life...they want it NOW and they want it for THEMSELVES.

Immigrants aren't lazy, they risk their life in most cases just to get here. They'll take a job that gives them little for doing more work in a day than most people do in a week. They just want to get paid a little money to feed their family (regardless if they live here or in another country). They are willing to sacrafice to give their children a better life. They will do without now, so their children and family can have better later.

What we see here is the difference between two types of people, this subgroup of Americans that hate immigrants because they feel ENTITLED to be successful just because they are a citizen. And we have the immigrants who feel DETERMINED to be successful despite if they are a citizen or not.

This is what it all comes down to....and damn....I might just make a thread about it

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What we see here is:

that this appears to be an - unconstitutional - fiat that not only usurps congressional

authority to set immigration policy but directly contradicts what congress has already

decided.

- King Obama has spoken. -

No one should - dare - to speak out and interrupt Obamas totalitarian lecture to

the very tiny people of America.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Note from OP: This thread is about fairness for those who worked hard, lived right, followed the rules and waited a long time only to see rule-breakers cut in front.

It doesn't matter which country the legal or illegal immigrants are from. This thread is not about left or right, and is not about individuals or nationality. This is a response to the new deportation waiver policy which is yet another poor direction from Obama, and Holder.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
After reading the reply after reply in this thread from American citizens...I think I know what the problem is.

Some American citizens fear competition from immigrants because they know the immigrants will win hands down in the job market.

The immigrants are more driven, harder working, and in a lot of cases smarter than these American citizens who are bitching and moaning about them. But they can't admit that...because of their American ego...so they just go with that these immigrants are criminals, stupid, and lazy....even though it just isn't true.

These immigrants come here to WORK their asses off to provide a better life for their children. Their children see all their parents have done for them and in turn they WORK their asses off to become successful in this country.

The Americans in this thread that are bitching about these immigrants are just scared because they know they can't compete with them...because in fact they are the lazy ones...they want the job that gives them everything for doing nothing...they want to get paid a ton of money for little work...they aren't willing to sacrafice to give their children a better life...they want it NOW and they want it for THEMSELVES.

Immigrants aren't lazy, they risk their life in most cases just to get here. They'll take a job that gives them little for doing more work in a day than most people do in a week. They just want to get paid a little money to feed their family (regardless if they live here or in another country). They are willing to sacrafice to give their children a better life. They will do without now, so their children and family can have better later.

What we see here is the difference between two types of people, this subgroup of Americans that hate immigrants because they feel ENTITLED to be successful just because they are a citizen. And we have the immigrants who feel DETERMINED to be successful despite if they are a citizen or not.

This is what it all comes down to....and damn....I might just make a thread about it

Wow. This post REALLY IRKS ME to no avail! I want to beat-up someone after reading it.........

How dare you call american people lazy and consider yourself left??? What the hell is wrong with you??

I keep forgetting liberals are capitalists with SUPERFICIAL treatment of the capitalist syndrome. You guys are hypocrites just like the conservatives. Americans come FIRST, not mexicans, not somalians, not palestinians, not yugoslavians.

YES wages SUFFER when illegals FLOOD the market and unions go south. This is common sense for everyone. When I work I want good pay, benefits, vacation, health insurance, etc EVEN if I am flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

It is NOT racism. It is PROTECTIONISM from people with imperialist mindsets such as yourself!! I hate cheap labor and YOU LOVE IT.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
Note from OP: This thread is about fairness for those who worked hard, lived right, followed the rules and waited a long time only to see rule-breakers cut in front.

It doesn't matter which country the legal or illegal immigrants are from. This thread is not about left or right, and is not about individuals or nationality. This is a response to the new deportation waiver policy which is yet another poor direction from Obama, and Holder.

It's just another election year gimmick during an election year.

---------
Most people are thinking "Wow, that sounds like a good idea BUT WHY did

Obama wait until June 2012 to trot it out the front door of the White House?"

---------
Looking for votes???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

With 20 million that's a couple million more votes. The majority of Hispanics are like blacks, they primarily and blindly vote Democrat because the Democrats will give them money.

You're totally not a complete racist.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Dbriefed

It's just another election year gimmick during an election year.

---------
Most people are thinking "Wow, that sounds like a good idea BUT WHY did

Obama wait until June 2012 to trot it out the front door of the White House?"

---------
Looking for votes???

Yeah. Ok....keep thinking that!

Both parties are running this republic straight into the ground on a 70 degree tilt. The airplane is going to crash, duh!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It's not going to work.

Obama is doomed.

June 2012 will be Obamas worst month ever.

---------
It all went down hill after his famous quote of 2012.

- The private sector is doing fine. -

Those 6 words sank his campaign. It's over.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It seems many republicans don't like the GOP as well..................

.............. just like democrats do not approve of their party!

edit on 18/6/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The Democrats are disgusted about Obama and his lack of leadership.

Also, apparently Obama does not enjoy their company.

Chris Matthews spelled it all out.

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join