It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The argument that it's not the kids fault is not cutting it. In fact, many illegals (from Mexico) cross the border to give birth here so they can have anchor babies and free medical care. Citizenship or amnesty is an incentive for the parents to break the law. The constant promise of amnesty (no deportation) is an incitement for people to rush the line, cut in front of others, and get their way.

Bravo for those who came here legally!! Welcome to the USA, get your naturalized citizenship, and come assimilate into the nation our constitution created.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Obama has made an offensive and insulting decision to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants. What of us legal immigrants and children of legal immigrants who had to wait in line, follow the rules, and jump through all the legal hurdles to get here?

Oh boy, self-hater spotted.

The thing is, America needs those young people.

Sadly, racists and self-haters really are blinded by their hatred.

PS.

Word of advice: Life is more than legal/illegal. Just because you did it one way does not mean those other people should have less of a chance than you, because they did it differently for whatever reason. You won't like what I'm saying as it forces you to reflect upon your words, but rest assured that if you don't, you're not going anywhere as there are certain unwritten rules to life.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Yes it is a slap in the face! My husband is Canadian and we did it the right way!! Waited our turn jumped through every legal and medical hoop you can think of and paid out the ASS!! Now should I address my request for a refund to Obama himself or perhaps Michelle since she wears the pants and Obama the panties! Lmao!
:

thanks,
Pax

Such disgusting sentiment.

You HAD the money and the means. Others don't. For you to position yourself as if you can demand ANYTHING is quiet evidence of moral bankruptcy. Then to think that you yourself wouldn't have been able to do what you did if you hadn't been handed what you were handed from your parents.

I find it gross when people can't even show the slightest amount of empathy, yet demand it. Bunch of sociopaths.
edit on 17-6-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Obama has made an offensive and insulting decision to grant amnesty to illegal immigrants. What of us legal immigrants and children of legal immigrants who had to wait in line, follow the rules, and jump through all the legal hurdles to get here?

Oh boy, self-hater spotted.

The thing is, America needs those young people.

Sadly, racists and self-haters really are blinded by their hatred.

PS.

Word of advice: Life is more than legal/illegal. Just because you did it one way does not mean those other people should have less of a chance than you, because they did it differently for whatever reason. You won't like what I'm saying as it forces you to reflect upon your words, but rest assured that if you don't, you're not going anywhere as there are certain unwritten rules to life.

There was nothing racist in what D'briefed posted. No, we do not need thousands of people taking away jobs from citizens. These people are getting more of a chance than those coming here the proper way. That is wrong. There are people from all over the world who deserve a better chance at life, it doesn't mean we can help them all as much as we wish that we could now does it?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Yes it is a slap in the face! My husband is Canadian and we did it the right way!! Waited our turn jumped through every legal and medical hoop you can think of and paid out the ASS!! Now should I address my request for a refund to Obama himself or perhaps Michelle since she wears the pants and Obama the panties! Lmao!
:

thanks,
Pax

Such disgusting sentiment.

You HAD the money and the means. Others don't. For you to position yourself as if you can demand ANYTHING is quiet evidence of moral bankruptcy. Then to think that you yourself wouldn't have been able to do what you did if you hadn't been handed what you were handed from your parents.

I find it gross when people can't even show the slightest amount of empathy, yet demand it. Bunch of sociopaths.

Illegals seem to find the money for their stolen identities and fraudulent documents through deciet. Many work under the table. Many of the women claim they are a one income household when they are not and collect welfare, have medical, cheap housing etc. You want to talk about morals?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

There was nothing racist in what D'briefed posted.

That's your first reading comprehension failure.

No, we do not need thousands of people taking away jobs from citizens.

That's ignorance of economic works right there. Another fail.

These people are getting more of a chance than those coming here the proper way.

Ignorance of immigration issues right there. Third fail. Riddle me this: What do those who go to the US the "proper way" (certainly you'd see bribing officials as the proper way, after all, as long as it nets you money in your head, it's "proper") have that those who go to the US the improper way don't have?

That is wrong.

Until you research more than just; reading everything from right wing news outlets and until you stop soaking up fox news bulletins, then you will not have ANY understanding about immigration and your moral judgement then becomes reflective of you rather than that which you're judging.

There are people from all over the world who deserve a better chance at life, it doesn't mean we can help them all as much as we wish that we could now does it?

Please. If you fail to understand the immigration issues of your own country and how it's irreversibly tied to economical and educational successes of your country(meaning; without those illegal immigrants America would be WAAAAAAAAAAAY worse off) then do not bring in all the other countries in the world into it.

But by all means, don't take your ear away from those right wingers who oppose illegal immigrants with bloodthirsty zealotry, it's not like they made their wealth off the backs of illegal immigrants and outsourcing, right?

PS.

You don't need to argue back, it is evident that you fail to understand a few things but that never stopped you from forming an opinion. Good for you. Now go educate yourself and get rid of your ignorance.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Its all about building a new voter base. Plain and simple.

01110000 01110010 01101111 01110011 01110000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100000 00101101 00100000 01001100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110011 01110100 01110010 01101001 01101011 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00100000

oh and ya Obama , yadda yadda yadda

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Illegals seem to find the money for their stolen identities and fraudulent documents through deciet. Many work under the table. Many of the women claim they are a one income household when they are not and collect welfare, have medical, cheap housing etc. You want to talk about morals?

Just talk, keep pointing that finger and keep digging a deeper ditch for those already in one. You will meet yourself one day.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Too often I see things differently than others and well, such is life, but I have to pitch in on this one.

On this particular subject matter, unlike others, I see this political gesture as equivalent to a "Trojan Horse", used to deceive those with immigration issues mentioned so that the many illegal immigrants can be identified and dealt with in a quiet manner while everyone thinks they are getting a cut in the line and a free walk into Americanism.

This act by Obama in my opinion is not benevolent favoritism, nor is it going to be used to build some political base.

Whenever these particular controversial subject matter discussions crop up, it is only to create divisiveness, political small talk and to deceive the sleeping masses.

I say deceive, because I know that Obama is not a man of his word and anything he does he does because he was told to do so. As such, this whole media circus about giving illegals a benefit ahead of others is also a deception meant to create that polarized divisiveness that is sought by the Obama puppet masters.

I liken this Obama gesture about illegal immigrants to those letters that law enforcement sends out to hardened criminals telling them they have won tickets to the NBA Playoffs or the super bowl all expenses paid and when all the supposed winners show up, they are processed in, sat down in an auditorium awaiting a speech and later are arrested for the open warrants they possessed.

In such a way, the criminals come voluntarily to "The MAN", thinking they have something special coming to them and after being identified and processed into custody, in the end it truly saves all that drama in rounding them up.

You can see this clever Obama gesture however you like, but as for me, I see it as clever trick meant to look one way in the media, while secretly helping to identify, and round up immigrants by having the illegals eagerly contact and turn themselves into immigration authorities looking for that illegal change in status that Obama just gave them.

While such a ploy will work on the fluoridated, it is why I refer to it as a Trojan Horse, because it offers something for nothing and was intended to get inside the walls that immigrants have built up around themselves.

This is the government I have come to know and it is what I would expect of those that control Obama, for it sells in the media as if he is doing something noble and good for Hispanics and others when in fact, in secret, he is helping to round them up.

For those that see this deception as a good thing, well, just remember that one day you might be asked to report to the post office or a court house or even the police station for something mundane and when you do, you might never be seen again.

When anyone uses such a system of deception such as this, it warrants a concern, because such a system could then be used to build a systemic legal means to get all of us in some legal and yet required way to report willingly for our arrest and execution.

It is something I think about, because many efforts are underway to list everyone and once that is done to some level of satisfaction, then comes the next phase of getting us to process ourselves willingly into FEMA camps. This is why this Obama gesture is to me anything but a good thing, for it is to me, a sign of much more in mind than helping illegal immigrants..

I told you I saw things differently and I hope I didn't disappoint anyone by telling it the way I see it.

Thanks again for the thread.

Your words are nothing more than a rickety hodgepodge of conjecture and fantasy.

Obama’s new policy is consistent with his words and actions.. I've seen first hand how his immigration policies have helped many immigrants stay with their families.

I wish some of you anti-immigrant types, conspiracy theorists, and nescient know-it-alls knew how much your careless words hurt others. I know on this forum your words pose little harm in day-to-day lives of many, but I suspect you disseminate your false information to many others who will take you at your word and spread the lies even further. I am confident most of you would be of a very different mindset if you were walking in the shoes of, or cared for some of these immigrants.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

InfoKartel please don't discount the people that have adhered to the legal immigration process. Despite your rhetoric, "money and means" as you put it does not guarantee a person adhering to the legal process automatic entry and approval to live in the US. It can be an incredibly difficult process and your entire future is in the hands of someone who does not know you,, who can decide they don't like the way you look or the age relationship between you and your immigrating spouse and deny your request after you have spent a couple thousand in fee's just to be turned away. and unlike those have entered the country without attempting to do so legally, once you are in the system, the possibility of sneaking in under the radar is out of the question. One of the arguments offered by undocumented immigrants in hopes of eventually receiving amnesty is that the immigration system splits up families (in regards to deportations), well the legal immigration system also splits up families. Marriage to a US citizen does not guarantee the foreign spouse legal entry and status in the US either....the US Immigration courts have ruled that there is no law that guarantee's a US Citizen any right to live in the US with their spouse. Oh and unlike those who avoided the process, those following the process must go through medical examinations, intensive background checks, and the Legal US Resident or Citizen petitioning the government on behalf of the immigrant must provide verifiable proof that their income meets at least the minimum level they feel is sufficient to ensure the immigrant does not burden the taxpayers by partaking of "means tested public benefits" and accept a contract stating that if the immigrant does at any time partake of "means tested public benefits" they are bound by law to reimburse the Government.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

This type of logic equates the minority of the minorities to the majority of the minorities.

This logic says 1% = 100%.

By this logic we can say the worst of mankind represents ALL of mankind.

By this logic I can say you deserve the death penalty because a miniscule fraction of mankind, which you are apart of, committed genocide.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

InfoKartel please don't discount the people that have adhered to the legal immigration process. Despite your rhetoric, "money and means" as you put it does not guarantee a person adhering to the legal process automatic entry and approval to live in the US.

And that's it isn't it?

THEY HAVE THE MEANS TO LIVE.

The person I was quoting had a husband that moved from CANADA to the US. This person I quoted, is slamming illegal immigrants. Her husband came from CANADA for crying out loud. How many ACTUAL drug wars are being fought in Canada? How many people die at the hand of criminal cartels south of your border?

It's borderline retarded and insane to slam illegal immigrants because they did not do the same as a wealthy person from Canada did(whom did not need to move out of necessity). What it definitely is, is proof of cognitive dissonance.

It's STUPID to argue with people like that or you, if you cannot understand these simple, yet life-changing differences. If you CANNOT show EMPATHY, then NOBODY should pay even the smallest attention to your argument, PERIOD.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I wanted to expand on InfoKartel's reference to Fox News. I agree people really should not pay any attention to these guys. Below are a couple headlines of articles they posted w/in 3 hours of eachother about Obama's new policy which illustrates my point.

“Obama’s immigration move is smart, fair policy”
www.foxnews.com...

“Obama's move on immigration is an unconstitutional disaster for the unemployed”
www.foxnews.com...

Brian Griffin, the dog on Family Guy said it best when he said, “Fox News publishes whatever they d*** well please”.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You knew, I can show empathy, but right now I myself am finding it a bit difficult as....I am stuck in the immigration system. I have been married for 10 years now, my husband was allowed on a k-3 visa to join me in the US in while we went through the remainder of the process, in November 2008 we finally were granted an interview date, but the letter came while I was in the hospital in Intensive care and we missed it so they denied our case we had to apply for a Motion to reopen, waited and waited an finally called them last year in January to question the status of our petition....the looked us up and told us it would be another 6 moths before we could expect to hear anything, 6 months later we received another denial stating they had sent us a an appointment letter in March of the previous year..(although in January last year they said our case was still being processed) so we had them try to look up the supposed letter, they could not find it in their system but they did discover that they had assigned another person the same A number (Alien registration number) as my spouse, when applied for another motion to reopen based on their error and yesterday.......we finally heard back from them.....they denied our case. They provided us with the option of reapplying, the fee is $1070.00, and we are living solely on my income as my husband is not allowed to work in the US without a valid work permit...that would have cost 380.00 in application fee's so.....praying for an appointment and green card...pinning all our hopes on that we waited.

I could use a bit of a break myself here, I will call our congress woman Monday, but based on the denial unless we can scrape up $1070.00 within the next thirty days, the legal immigration process will be splitting my family up....he will have to go back to his home country and wait...for god knows how long.

I'll be honest....I'm beginning to wish we had slipped under the radar like those the government is assisting out of compassion. Their parents have been able to work without authorization and they are easing up on deportations...maybe we could have just quietly lived our lives in peace rather going through all this.

Like I said please don' t discount those who have followed the legal immigration process, they can face an extreme amount of pain, heartache and even feelings of hopelessness.

I'm whining about my issues, but take a moment to Google an article called "dying for a green card"..in this tragic story which I witnessed as it unfolded on one of the immigration forums, involved a married couple her from the US and he was from Mexico...because he had previously entered the country without documentation he was he was inadmissible, in situations such as this the couple can petition for a waiver of inadmissibility if they can provide sufficient proof that a ban would cause extreme hardship for the US petitioner....but he was required to remain in Mexico for a decision to be reached...there are no guarantees. Well........things went far worse for them, and all hope was destroyed.

Just a small additional comparing a difference between the illegal and legal immigration process which actually favors the illegal immigrant. An illegal immigrant is not subject to the rigorous background checks that legal petitioner go through (we wouldn't want to let a legally petitioning terrorist into the country now)...the background check spans the potential immigrants entire life, and if they find anything within the legal system....for example one person I knew on one of the forums had stolen a beer when he was 12, the petition is denied and the hopeful immigrant is banned from entering the country.

edit on 6/17/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I could use a bit of a break myself here, I will call our congress woman Monday, but based on the denial unless we can scrape up $1070.00 within the next thirty days, the legal immigration process will be splitting my family up....he will have to go back to his home country and wait...for god knows how long.

Hope and prayers that your family won't be split apart.

I'll be honest....I'm beginning to wish we had slipped under the radar like those the government is assisting out of compassion. Their parents have been able to work without authorization and they are easing up on deportations...maybe we could have just quietly lived our lives in peace rather going through all this.

Some matters we are to learn from, it's not the end of the line for you yet though! Hope and prayer.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Lets put this "Anchor Baby" fluff to rest with some reality!

This "anchor baby" argument is as weak and inaccurate as the ignorant people who use it.

If a woman comes here and has a baby, she has to wait 21 years before that child can so much as sponsor her for a green card. Yes, he/she must be 21 years old to sponsor someone for a GC. And even at that age, that child has to meet a number of requirements in order to qualify as a sponsor. Furthermore, if the mother entered illegally(without inspection) she is NOT even eligible to attain a greencard until she goes back home and returns on a visa. When she goes back home, she faces an automatic 3-10 year ban, or inadmissibility(permanent ban), from reentry depending on how long she's resided illegally in the US. While under this ban she is not eligible to even apply for a VISA or a Green-Card.

This reality I just shared with you explains why less than 0.2% of babies born in this nation are actual "anchor babies".

Anyone want to talk about some real issues?

edit on 17-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: typo

edit on 17-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I am really sorry to hear about your situation.. I can't even imagine the burden you endure.

My thoughts and prayers are with you too.

It is for people like you that I fight anti-immigration so aggressively.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

Sure I'll throw a good one at you. there is a reason I have a little less empathy for the people who enter the country illegally (not the children who are who grow up here but with no legal status) but the parents who being them here or others who come on their own. Now although I am in no way racist this is specific to our south of the border neighbors because of something I discovered.

You might recall the massive media coverage back in 2006 of an illegal immigrant from Mexico named Elvira Arellano, who sought sanctuary in a Chicago church for a year after ordered to be deported, who during her stay here had given birth to a little boy...father unknown...who proclaimed she had a right to live here as it was the governments fault that she was able to gain illegal entry, and since her son was born during her stay and was US Citizen the government was breaking the law by deporting her, along with her heart wrenching claims all over the media that she only came here for a better life and the government was going to separate her from her child. It was what sparked all the huge protests by illegal immigrants demanding the government fix the immigration system and allow them legal status. She gained a huge following from other illegal immigrants from south of the border.

Well while here (she was in the US for 10 years) she founded a group called "La Familia Latina Unida" which she claimed was an organization to support the plight of undocumented women with children in the US, I assume the media simply accepted this without question as she came across as so sad and pathetic. But I went and looked at her sight and lost all sympathy for her, although they've been wiser since so you wont find this on their current site, the mission statement on the website of her organization before she was deported stated the following:

"The popular coalition has made great gains. We have shown that we are not only for protecting the rights of the undocumented but we are struggling for Latinos to become a voice for justice for all of Latin America. We have supported self-determination and opposed assimilation into this nation's individualistic, imperialistic values. We have taught that our people did not come here because of the American Dream but because of what the American nightmare did to our countries of origin. We have asserted that our demand to be here and to be fully enfranchised here is a right not a privilege [sic] and a destiny of our people to transform this nation."

Aside from my hard drive the only other place I can find this statement currently is

Memo From Mexico, By Allan Wall | Elvira Arellano's Unreported Agenda—Latinizing The U.S.

It might be searchable on the internet archive, I did not check there when revisiting this.

She still is actively involved in this and has a substantial following.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Just a small additional comparing a difference between the illegal and legal immigration process which actually favors the illegal immigrant. An illegal immigrant is not subject to the rigorous background checks that legal petitioner go through (we wouldn't want to let a legally petitioning terrorist into the country now)...the background check spans the potential immigrants entire life, and if they find anything within the legal system....for example one person I knew on one of the forums had stolen a beer when he was 12, the petition is denied and the hopeful immigrant is banned from entering the country.

edit on 6/17/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

I want to clarify so people don't get confused.

The two main types of undocumented immigrant which are referred to as 'illegal'. There are those who overstay their visa's and those who enter without inspection.

The only "illegal" allowed to apply for a greencard (adjust their status to permanent resident) are those who overstayed their visa's and are immediate relatives of American citizens. Those who entered without inspection must go back home and wait out the re-entry bar, or apply for a waiver to get around the bar @ a US consulate outside of the US, but the waiver is very difficult to get approved. If they are approved they can then go through the proper channels to apply for a greencard. At that point they are no longer considered illegal.

Also, all applicants go through the same background check. Though some petitions are subjected to extended review, but this is determined on a case-by-case basis.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MuonSpin

Thank you both InfoKartel and MuonSpin for the kindness and compassion.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join