It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama amnesty insults all immigrants who waited in line

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Personally, I think you're full of it. Your writing and use of language leads me to believe you're just another Obama hater who has taken yet another approach to attack our president. Convince me you are who you say you are and you can have some credibility

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
I for one completely disagree with the OP on this.

My wife is Canadian. We did it legally. Yet, I know what's best for our Country despite my personal feelings.
Amnesty is the first step in getting these illegal immigrants "into the system" as it were. Once we know who they are, they can be taxed. Illegal immigration right now taxes those of us who do it right (normal legal tax payers) because we have to pay for their services (welfare, wic, healthcare etc).

If we spend money to "boot" the illegal immigrants, then the tax payer suffers.
If we keep them here but don't get them "into the system" the tax payer suffers.
Amnesty is the first step to getting illegal immigrants to identify themselves, and then get them immigrated into the system so they can be taxed and be normal citizens.

I know your offended...personally it offends me too. However, blame the illegal immigrants, not the Government or President Obama (of who for the record I am not a big fan). As much as I hate to say it, Obama is doing the right thing here.

Well done. I completely agree with you. This is a clear way to help generate more revenue - which ( in case you've been asleep for the past 4 years) we are in desperate need of by the way.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Annee

This is directed mainly at those who are becoming legal adults - - high school graduates - - and college age

You honestly don't see this as an issue?

NO - I don't.

I worked at a processing plant during the last real Amnesty. Those people I worked with were great people. They were hard working and very family oriented. I went to many of their family celebrations.

I was thrilled when they were given the opportunity to become legal citizens.

People are People. They are not better or worse because of where their feet first touch the ground when they are born.

That the child of an illegal immigrant has managed to live and be raised, educated on the public dime for as many as 12 years without his/her immigration status or the legal status of their parents becoming an issue legally....

So what. They did not ask to come here. They were brought here without any say in the matter.

This their home - - their country - - the only one they know.

. . . plundering of our tax dollars in the name of political correctness and "for the good of the children" has enabled this very problem to exist in the first place.

I've seen plenty of plundering of tax dollars in my 65 years - - - that didn't support the possibility of a bright child becoming successful because of an opportunity - - - in the only country they've ever known.

Sometimes it feels good to be human.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by jam321
This is no amnesty. This is not a permanent fixed.

This doesn't give them the right to vote or passway to citizenship.

Stop it with the facts.

This is a Right Wing propaganda thread...complete with all the latest buzzwords spouted from the Right Wing talking heads. Someone TOLD them that all these people will vote for Obama...so they repeat it without even thinking...how dare you try to correct that.

Of course...they are all just mad because this is a big win for Obama.
edit on 15-6-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

I'm shocked someone like yourself, with 7,500 posts and has spent countless hours on ATS still believes in the left vs right paradigm, and still don't realize whether it's Obama or Romney, for the most part they represent the same interests.

This whole right vs left, Democrat vs Republican paradigm is a stage show for the ignorant to get caught up in and take the attention away for the real problems facing this nation. Let me guess, you still believe the President is the one in charge? If so, you're completely ignorant to what goes on behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

I'm shocked someone like yourself, with 7,500 posts and has spent countless hours on ATS still believes in the left vs right paradigm, and still don't realize whether it's Obama or Romney, for the most part they represent the same interests.

This whole right vs left, Democrat vs Republican paradigm is a stage show for the ignorant to get caught up in and take the attention away for the real problems facing this nation. Let me guess, you still believe the President is the one in charge? If so, you're completely ignorant to what goes on behind the scenes.

Why does this have to show up in every discussion.

Why can't we have a normal discussion without this conspiracy theory?

Even though I believe the presidency is a group power behind the scenes - - - why does it have to always be interjected in a discussion that has nothing to do with that point of view?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I worked at a processing plant during the last real Amnesty. Those people I worked with were great people. They were hard working and very family oriented. I went to many of their family celebrations.

Ok, I have worked with a great many good and decent folk from around the globe as well. I have even fought alongside some and considered them a brother in arms. Fine men and women for the most part.

However, that doesn't mean I'd want to finance the education/raising of all their children with my tax liability.

People are People. They are not better or worse because of where their feet first touch the ground when they are born.

This is a straw man argument --- I am not saying anyone is less human than another based upon their citizenship.

I am saying that it is not the proper use of my tax dollars to fund the education of non-citizens - why don't we just feed clothe and educate the world then? It's a matter of responsible fiscal policy - when you are short money you don't go around taking advances on your credit card to pay for other people's bills. Charity is nice, when and if you have extra cash.

If you haven’t seen the debt clock recently it's spinning at an alarming rate.

So what. They did not ask to come here. They were brought here without any say in the matter.

This is irrelevant.

This is the problem... they should never have been allowed to go as long without some agency checking their status. Never - the government only has like two legitimate functions. One of which is to protect the interest of the people. It's citizens, not everyone but those who are citizens even if that means hurting the citizens of another country. Which is the second function - defense.

Charity or spending our resources on educate of the children of other nations is not a legitimate use of our tax money. Actually it is not a legitimate function of the federal government to be involved in education at all; however, big Jimmy Carter socked that one to the nation and we've been bleeding green ever since.

I've seen plenty of plundering of tax dollars in my 65 years - - - that didn't support the possibility of a bright child becoming successful because of an opportunity - - - in the only country they've ever known.

It is not the responsibility of the American taxpayer to underwrite the education of the children of foreign nations regardless of their relative genius or the idea's merit. There are a myriad of "help the poor children in Ecuador" and such charities if that's where you want to send your money.

I am sorry but bringing a child to the US illegally then stealing an education for them shouldn't then be rewarded with a free path to citizenship.

Sometimes it feels good to be responsible with the taxpayers’ money...

Oh and age and wisdom are not synonyms stop making the implication that your age somehow makes your opinion more weighty than that of another. You include your age in like every thread we get it you are 65 – thankfully you are not making policy or we’d all go broke educating the world’s children.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Anyone one who thinks their vote counts is seriously mistaking

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by KaiserSoze

The kids didn't do it, that's the shame of it.

But, I guarantee if I was the perp and had my 10yr old riding shotgun when I robbed the gas station, if I got caught there would be legal ramifications for both of us.

Yes, the kids didn't do it...that is what this policy is addressing.

You are crazy if you think your 10yr old would be charged with a crime because of your actions.

No offense but you are retarded if you read what I wrote and thought I said my 10 yr old would be charged with a crime. If I got caught I would be headed to prison and the legal ramifications for my child would be becoming a ward of the state.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Ok, I have worked with a great many good and decent folk from around the globe as well. I have even fought alongside some and considered them a brother in arms. Fine men and women for the most part.

However, that doesn't mean I'd want to finance the education/raising of all their children with my tax liability.

This is a straw man argument --- I am not saying anyone is less human than another based upon their citizenship.

I am saying that it is not the proper use of my tax dollars to fund the education of non-citizens - why don't we just feed clothe and educate the world then? It's a matter of responsible fiscal policy - when you are short money you don't go around taking advances on your credit card to pay for other people's bills. Charity is nice, when and if you have extra cash.

If you haven’t seen the debt clock recently it's spinning at an alarming rate.

This is irrelevant.

This is the problem... they should never have been allowed to go as long without some agency checking their status. Never - the government only has like two legitimate functions. One of which is to protect the interest of the people. It's citizens, not everyone but those who are citizens even if that means hurting the citizens of another country. Which is the second function - defense.

Charity or spending our resources on educate of the children of other nations is not a legitimate use of our tax money. Actually it is not a legitimate function of the federal government to be involved in education at all; however, big Jimmy Carter socked that one to the nation and we've been bleeding green ever since.

It is not the responsibility of the American taxpayer to underwrite the education of the children of foreign nations regardless of their relative genius or the idea's merit. There are a myriad of "help the poor children in Ecuador" and such charities if that's where you want to send your money.

I am sorry but bringing a child to the US illegally then stealing an education for them shouldn't then be rewarded with a free path to citizenship.

Sometimes it feels good to be responsible with the taxpayers’ money...

Oh and age and wisdom are not synonyms stop making the implication that your age somehow makes your opinion more weighty than that of another. You include your age in like every thread we get it you are 65 – thankfully you are not making policy or we’d all go broke educating the world’s children.

Uh huh. 65 years of life experience vs ___________?

It doesn't make it more valid - - - it makes it of more life experienced. And I don't mean how many different things you've done in the world.

I have changed thinking and ideologies so many times in my life - - - I feel like my brain is an interchangeable "plug n' play".

The most important thing I've learned is - - when you have nothing - - Life is Everything. When you accumulate "things" - - life becomes about protecting those "things".

The "human factor" is about Life - - and about Life's opportunities. I'm supporting opportunity for those I think deserve it.

Oh - - and I pay taxes too. I'm fine having less to have more.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well Obama is playing with my 2nd amendment rights, so He lost my vote.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
reply to post by PurpleChiten

How old are you PC?

well, let's see.... depending on the measurement system used....
3, 29, 42, 86, 139 , 508... it's actually very complicated you see....

Cool, how about using dog years as the measurement system. Something we can easily calculate, we can use tard years if you prefer though.,

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
Well Obama is playing with my 2nd amendment rights, so He lost my vote.

What does that have to do with this subject?
edit on 16-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Uh huh. 65 years of life experience vs ___________?

Again, age and wisdom not synonyms - I have met many an aged person who were as short sighted and ignorant as a teenager and I have met a few children who have wisdom beyond their years. I actually find that age has a tendency to make one more fixed their opinion and the way things should be rather than to see things how they are.

Oh - - and I pay taxes too. I'm fine having less to have more.

Awesome - donate away, just don't make it part of government's role to "level the playing field" for the children of other nations. I respect your right to donate as much of your income as you wish to educate the illegal immigrants. Unfortunately the government has seen fit to take my right to decline to do so...the government has no role in charity - at all.

Taking something - in this case a public education to which you are not entitled is theft...add that to illegal immigration and the trend is that these people have no regard for the laws of the country to which they claim to be so in love.

Personally, I'd rather the government stay out of my life entirely and quit taking my income to underwrite the poor decision making skills of others - yet we don't always get what we want.

Perhaps someday the politicians of this nation will start protecting the citizens instead of pandering to the masses but I highly doubt I will live to see this and I know you won't.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Awesome - donate away, just don't make it part of government's role to "level the playing field" for the children of other nations.

I don't consider them children of another nation.

This is the only country they have known.

Yes - - I have met closed and narrow minded people of all ages myself.

I don't happen to be one of them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't consider them children of another nation.

Ah if, if's and buts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas... this doesn't make it so.

Obama has decided to trash the law again to gain some influence in the Hispanic community - not surprising really. Bush did it, they all do it. I wish we could just try them all for high treason...I have yet to meet a politician who was not corrupted by power and money.

Originally posted by AnneeThis is the only country they have known.

Again, should never have been able to be the case. If the government at all levels would protect our interests as they are supposed to do they'd have been screened out early in the process and been long gone by the age of majority.

Yes - - I have met closed and narrow minded people of all ages myself.

I don't happen to be one of them.

I’ll take your word for it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yes it is a slap in the face! My husband is Canadian and we did it the right way!! Waited our turn jumped through every legal and medical hoop you can think of and paid out the ASS!! Now should I address my request for a refund to Obama himself or perhaps Michelle since she wears the pants and Obama the panties! Lmao!
:

thanks,
Pax

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Yes it is a slap in the face! My husband is Canadian and we did it the right way!! Waited our turn jumped through every legal and medical hoop you can think of and paid out the ASS!! Now should I address my request for a refund to Obama himself or perhaps Michelle since she wears the pants and Obama the panties! Lmao!
:

thanks,
Pax

My son-in-law is foreign born. He and my daughter went through all the proper channels.

You are an adult. You chose to marry someone from another country.

I still agree with Obama.

These children did not choose to come here. They had no choice. They were brought by their parents.

This is the only country they know.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

:

thanks,
Pax

My son-in-law is foreign born. He and my daughter went through all the proper channels.

You are an adult. You chose to marry someone from another country.

I still agree with Obama.

These children did not choose to come here. They had no choice. They were brought by their parents.

This is the only country they know.

The parents brought them here illegally. These kids would never have even been here if it wasn't for the parents. But to reward the poor choices of those parents, to allow these kids to jump in the front of the line ahead of those coming here through the proper channels is wrong. We do not need thousands of these kids taking jobs away from citizens who need to feed their families.

It is sad that the kids were placed in such a position, but they can't blame the country they were brought to or demand entitlement.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

:

thanks,
Pax

I commend your husband and all like him for going through the proper channels. It shows respect for the laws and people of this country.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

It is sad that the kids were placed in such a position, but they can't blame the country they were brought to or demand entitlement.

I don't agree with "Sins of the Father".

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join