It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian philosoph : JC VANDAMME QUOTES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Quotations of Jean Claude Vandamme, the action movie star :

"My currency, is always: recreate. One needs recreate... for recreate... has better you. And Ca, it is very hard! And, and, et,et... c' is very easy in same time "

Jean-Claude Vandamme

"For me dreaming - and everyone, same if people do not know it (and same if they do not know it, they know it) -, the dream, it' s have feeling, it is a feeling, a real feeling which occurs if one wants"

Jean-Claude Vandamme

"I had a very beautiful childhood malgre all... I have been hold dimension countryside, apart from Brussels. And I always grew among the dogs. The animals do not speak too much. They "speak" (with feeling), but they do not have a language for our jitters has us. I have a dog in this moment has dimension of me. I cherish it "

Jean-Claude Vandamme

"water it is something of concrete but not concrete. Because water... can nourish me, but also water... can carry me. Because water... has magic laws. Water can hold of the cargo liners in the sea, of the thousands of tons of steel... It is something which has many dimensions water "

Jean-Claude Vandamme

"to show Me naked back does not pose to me problem but, of face, it is another history, I would not like to lose all my fans."

Jean-Claude Vandamme

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Can you actually understand any of that Nans?

I'm still pretty
over it, hehe...

Of course, that's how you sound when you get really mad on a post Nans, so keep that in mind...(kidding...no way it's THAT bad)!

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
water has magic laws...

that is by far the funniest thing i've heard all day

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Can you actually understand any of that Nans?
I'm still pretty
over it, hehe...

Of course, that's how you sound when you get really mad on a post Nans, so keep that in mind...(kidding...no way it's THAT bad)!

If you dont know Jean Claude VANDAMME (Belgian Karate Actor : Kickboxer, Fullcontact, Street Fighter II...) these are some of his most famous tought (Jean Claude is also a thinker... )
He is funny because is born language is french but because he's an international movie star, he always use english word when he talk to french journalist like "AWARE"...
(We still dont know what mean this word).

More words of the master :

You look at has the interior of you and you become aware of your own body!"
J.C. Van Damme

"the plants for example, which do not have hands, and not ears, they feel the things, the vibrations, they are more awares that the others species"
J.C. Van Damme

"Between you and me there is a product which is called a product, and it is a product which is called oxygen, then if you feel this (inspiration/expiration) like that, you live, but if I kill oxygen as on the moon, you die!!"
J.C. Van Damme

"a woman who is pregnant, for example, it is aware that it awaits a child..."
J.C. Van Damme

"did One replicant when it nait, it is physically form like a 40 year old guy, but its brain... how one says? its computer brain? its brain, it is necessary that it absorbs all that there is around, that it sees colors, that he touches how are the things, he is aware... "

J.C. Van Damme

"a hazel nut, I break it between my buttocks you see..." J.C. Van Damme

"the world is composes of arrows and molecules, and electricity, as the Big-bang you see, and any that together, that forms the Universe." J.C. Van Damme

"When I see a child who is half Belgian, half Vietnamese soldier-Kong (traduction Note : Altavista has traduced Viet-Kong to Vietamese Soldier-Kong
!?) , and which is my child, you see..., it is..., it is..., it is my God what."

J.C. Van Damme

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Nans. While I really like your beer and food, J-C is a French export I cannot understand!

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I recall Eric Cantonar similarly enlightening us with his "thoughts" a few years back. One can only imagine that M. Van Damme should have let his stuntman do more of the action scenes -especially the head-butts.
I think Ultra-P remains unchallenged as the Great Sage of Batavia.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
I'm sorry, Nans. While I really like your beer and food, J-C is a French export I cannot understand!

No.He's Belgian.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I think Ultra-P remains unchallenged as the Great Sage of Batavia.

Huuum, Batavia is a term who suit only to the Netherlands and not to Belgium. May be Zion has a different opinion.

Also, it's true that JCV is often funny. But the french are laughing from him not because he's funny, but because he's a belgian who did ( and still do ) a great career in the USA. If he was coming from France, and not from Belgium, we wouldn't heard them laugh so much.

It's not like David Douillet, who's nothing in comparison with Van Damme

P.S : " Douillet ", in english, mean " sweetie ". It's hard to have such name when you're a judoka.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My dear Ultra-P (you got the authorship of the quotations wrong!!!!)
Estragon can but grovel at the misuse of Batavia: my head was temporaily not right as I was distracted by thoughts of the end of Napoleon and the subsequent Kingdom of the Netherelands, which was Belgium's first (albeit regional) attempt at self-government in the modern era.
And Estargon an Asia hand: Batavia the old name for Jakarta!
Let it not be said that, on the rare occasions -say, once in a decade - when Estragon is not omniscient, that he failed to nibble the gravel.
I kneel at any and all monuments to Leopold of Saxe-Coburg and I shall force myself to drink large quantities of Chimay (freely available in China: cunning Belgians) as a penance.
And you shall henceforth be the Sage of the Scheldt.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

He is NOT FRENCH ! He is belgian !

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
He say all that he think !

And his tought are really funny, almost when you have already read the Tao and Zen philosoph that they inspire them.

[Edited on 24-4-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I shall force myself to drink large quantities of Chimay (freely available in China: cunning Belgians) as a penance.

Bha, I forget the rest of your post. I'll quote you only on the Chimay.

Forcing yourself to drink such a nectar ?

Drink one 4 me and cheer Estragon.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You are a scholar and a gentleman, Sir.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Belgians are for french like french for americans, UP

So everyone here confuse Frenchs and Belgians...
Okay, I'll tell you the truth about the belgian geniuse :

Belgians invented :

Moulds and Fries
Tintin and Milou
The Smurfs
Abbaye Beer
JC VANDAMME

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
You have CHIMAY beer in CHINA !

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Belgians are for french like french for americans, UP

So everyone here confuse Frenchs and Belgians...

Not at all. In Germany and Greece I met many G.I's and they knew the difference between France and Belgium, especially the peoples. I mean that us, the Belgians, were ALLWAYS welcome with them. See what I mean or you need a little pic ?

And on ATS, some peoples called me french, but only to play with my feet.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   

He is NOT FRENCH ! He is belgian !

Aw, heck, I can't always be right, can I? I apologize to all concerned.
U-P, JCV is from Belgium? Quick, run away. Even to France, if absolutely necessary. From there you can fly to the U.S.

By the way, as far as knowing the difference between the two, I know the difference, and as far as being welcommed, I have to say I was treated very well by the French as well as the Belgians. Of course, I never travelled to Paris, I stayed in the countryside where it is civilized!

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Now look here, chaps.
The mere fact of not being born English is a cross you must bear.
On the other hand, the French tell the most wicked jokes about the Belgians.
You are all racist swine: this is obvious.

And, on interesting topics: Chimay is all over the place, My Dear Nans: the 30-35 cl bottle is 9 rmb (that's about 1 dollar and a bit American, say one euro)
I only buy it as a tribute to Ultra-P.
Sprite is my beverage of choice.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Belgium is a country divided between a french talking people and a dutch speaking people and there is rascism even if they are all under the same flag.

French is not a great country, we sell bomb, we make bomb...

That's why I expatriate and often say that I got my gran-pa nationality (swiss). I'd even took my gran-pa religion (Protestant, VAUDOIS, Maybe estragon will know...).

Anyway, JC VANDAMME maybe was french or belgian a long time ago, but since he is a "movie star", he forgot how to speak french...

In his interviews, on french television, it's look like that :

"Et, You know, Enfin tu sais, depuis que je suis une international movie star, heu... comment on dis en fran�ais dej� ? Un actor d'actions movies, le Frend (d�)astaire de la karate...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I only buy it as a tribute to Ultra-P.
Sprite is my beverage of choice.

Thanks Estragon. I bet you don't know my favourite beverage....TEA TIME ! Yep, I LOVE tea.

I don't drink alcohol, soda, cofee, but damn, I'm drinking so much tea. Unbelieveable how I can drink a such quantity of tea.

I need tea, I want tea....GIMME TEA !

Belgium is a country divided between a french talking people and a dutch speaking people and there is rascism even if they are all under the same flag.

Don't forget that we have a german community ( allmost 500k peoples ). And Flemmish and Waloons are not racists. We just have a bunch of little neo-nazis ( The VlaamsBlock as we have the * Bloc Wallon * in Waloonia ) and these guys are not representing the vast majority of the Belgians peoples.

We are just becomming * racist * when some nuts want to split the country in 3 sides and when they say that the North will have to join the Netherlands, the South will have to join France and the East will have to join Germany. At this moment, yes, we are a little bit racist and we are ready to kick some peoples in their balls.

U-P, JCV is from Belgium? Quick, run away. Even to France, if absolutely necessary. From there you can fly to the U.S.

In France ????
Oh my God, what a nightmare !!! NEVER !!! Even if my live was threatened, I would not do it. But I would try to join Great-Britain, even if I have to cross the Channel by swimming. At least, I'll have some chances to stay alive. The sharks are less dangerous than France.

[Edited on 25-4-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
U-P, I share your addiction to tea. It's odd that in China, good Western tea is almost unobtainable: it's Lipton's yellow tea bags, or nothing.
Belgium has produced some great cyclists, some pretty decent footballers and I think that Simenon, inventor of Maigret and one of the best detective-story writers ever, was a Belgian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join