It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's mid June...108 degrees, I hate to think what August is going to be like.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This summer is looming over me like a terrible fire monster. I feel that there are going to be serious wild fires and who knows what else.... I have been in hot weather before, but I don't believe this early. Solar flares, absence of ozone, global warming, whatever the case or a combination of all. I suggest people take measures to keep themselves safe and cool. Excessive heat can have a profound effect on a person's mind. I see it all the time in hot weather. People loose patience much more quickly. So, stay cool in the body and mind these coming months. I just hope my power doesn't go out in a heat wave...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Where are you? I'm in Oklahoma and so far this summer has been nothing like the hell that was last summer. We're getting rain here and there, and the temperatures are much more mild than last year.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

And here I am in the golden south of the USA and today when it should be in the high 80's it is only in the low 70's. There is a slight cloud cover but plenty of blue showing through and a really stiff breeze. Last night my hubby remarked that we'd skipped summer and gone right into fall. In a word the weather is beautiful here today.
Or in other words, the weather is here wish you were beautiful.
Look if the weather were perfectly predictable we wouldnt need the Weather Channel. Sometimes its cool in the summer and warm in the winter. That is not usually a sign of anything and its never a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I hope you have an air conditioner . Are you in Phoenix, AZ? I know they are having a heat wave.

I have a suggestion for you...take a piece of clothing that is all cotton....run cold water over it....and put it in the freezer....when it is really cold...put the clothing on....this really helps to keep a person cool.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am in CA, 2 summers ago when me and my band were playing outside it was 105 and our equipment was having problems and my buddy felt like he was going to die along with my other buddy's mom passing out, it was so hot people could barely function.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Very mild here in southern Illinois

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
New England is having a mild start to Summer this year. Back in February it hit 70+ degrees here, then the 80s in March, then almost 90 in April, but then May & June have been very mild - 50s-70s. There were at least 5 nights this month I had to burn wood for heat at night.

Very unusual weather patterns past 2 seasons, so I have no idea what August will bring.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

105 isn't bad. Drink some water. 105 is cool for summer here.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
108 that it?

Pfft come back when your asphalt is melting okie.

We broke triple digits here in AZ a couple months back this year. Been hot but not has hot as is was in the past.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Okie, this guy isn't an okie. We did the same thing last year bro. Actually broke many records.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And in Vancouver it's cold and early spring-like, many people still have their heat on. I want some heat please!! From the sun, that is!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ack!! 108 sounds awful. i'm in texas and it was over 100 for the whole summer. so far this summer hasn't started off as bad but it's still HOT and we aren't getting any rain.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm in Ottawa and we are expecting 35-40 degres Celcius for the next week or so!!!! Thats hot for mid-June here! but this past week was normal, nice and mild

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Pacific NW is nice and mild. Come on up and send our property values up

By the way OP, solar flares are no more likely to cause heat waves than bell-bottom jeans.

top topics

join