It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones' Info Wars endorses American Corporatocracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
On Alex Jones website, Info Wars, writer Kurt Nimmo, invents a boogeyman strawman to attack the Obama administration. The HIGHLY misleading headline claims that the current Puppet of the United States Barack "Obama Plans Attack On First Amendment if Re-elected."

Now of course this is going to raise anyone's eyebrows. It raised mine. So I clicked the link to find out what was going on, what was being planned. Is it true or nothing but propaganda? Well it turns out it was propaganda. And one of the worst kinds: Propaganda that pushes the Corporate agenda forward and defends the Oligarchy.

From the article:

“When we win, we will use whatever tools out there, including a constitutional amendment, to turn this back,” Axlerod said on Wednesday. “I understand the free speech argument, but when the Koch brothers can spend $400 million, more than the McCain campaign and the Republican Party spent last time, that’s very concerning.”

Full article

So what are they talking about rolling back? Citizens United, the monstrosity that says that Corporations are people and that MONEY is free speech.

Axelrod was NOT saying they were going to "roll back" the First Amendment, but rather that they were going to try to roll back the Citizens United ruling with a constitutional amendment (a claim that I don't buy in the least bit).

I found this article by going to the Info Wars website. I was willing to give Alex Jones a chance. I'm glad I did. It proved to me that Alex Jones and his website is nothing but a Corporate shill.

And, no, before followers of Alex Jones attempt to attack me with lies instead of focusing on the fact that Alex Jones' website is putting out pro-Corporation propaganda and false information, allow me to make it clear: I am NOT an Obama supporter.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
People are people and business is business.Alec has and continues to sell the war against the Elite to the masses.

"Corporatocracy"?

it`s anti-white oligarchy and international law breaking tyranny.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Alex Jones= info sharer......You= verifier......thats the way it should be. I say about half of what hs says is helpfull, some of his info is spot on.When he rants or interupts I tune out.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cheersforthedeers

"Anti-white"? I was with you up to that point. I don't know how it's anti-white in the least bit. Or am I misunderstanding?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Infowars is seriously ticking me off....im beginning to think Alex and Infowars is nothing but a fearmongering machine.

btw alex im still waiting on those bilderburg file leak you promised last week......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Although the article is somewhat sensationalized, did you watch the video where Mitch McConnell came out and said exactly what the Headline "Obama Plans Attack On First Amendment If Re elected"?

Basically, if you compare Citizens United with Moveon.org, you have two organizations, whos' sole purpose is to push the propoganda of their political party, reguardless of the outcome for the American people as a whole.

The Democrats have been pushing to silence the Neocon media for quite awhile. This is really nothing new.

I would be all for silencing Citizens United as long as Moveon.org was silenced as well. But I guess my opinion is based upon the fact that I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of either party! Hmmm, it's TV night, do I watch politics or professional wrestling? Either way, the outcome is planned and there isn't a damn thing real about it, except you get suckered into watching a bunch of theatrical nonsense.

This article just brings me back to my thoughts that both parties are in it for the money and could give a damn less about the citizens in this country. They worry more about their ego's and bank accounts than anything else!

The article is missleading, and yes you were smart to look into it a little further!
edit on 15-6-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah I was wondering the same. Where are the files?

Originally posted by GARN40ish

Infowars is seriously ticking me off....im beginning to think Alex and Infowars is nothing but a fearmongering machine.

btw alex im still waiting on those bilderburg file leak you promised last week......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know what Alex Jones is thinking since I stopped listening to him in 2007, but hear me out for a sec.

The legislative and executive branches wrote and passed the law into US CODE that gives corporations 14th amendment rights of equal protection, and thus 1st amendment rights.

U.S. Code Title 1, Chapter 1, Subsection 1

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, unless the context indicates otherwise— the words "person" and “whoever” include corporations, companies, associations, firms, partnerships, societies, and joint stock companies, as well as individuals

Amendment 14 to the United States Constitution: Section 1.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Simple, really. Get rid of USC Title 1, Chap 1, SS 1. But this has not been the focus of the debate, has it?

The focus has been to denounce the supreme court for not setting the precedent beyond their constitutional power by revoking free speech rights that the congress and the executive signed into law. Americans need to be weary of that kind of precedent.

So ask yourself this: Has this debate been about renouncing corporate person-hood (which would be absolutely simple to accomplish since only a presidential signature is required to nullify it) OR has it been about weakening the very foundation of free speech, about attacking the first amendment?

This is actually a brilliant strategy. Give corporations 14th amendment rights using USC knowing the people would eventually disapprove; When the call comes to get rid of it, the debate is steered towards weakening the Constitution (which grants actual rights) and not the USC that grants color of law rights to corporations. It is Problem-reaction-solution, and since that seems to be the modus operandi these days, that alone should make people weary.

edit on 15-6-2012 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Well Seeker I don't believe a thing either party says either. So I wouldn't say I'd want one silenced but only if the other was silenced. In some ways that's still playing party politics. That's basing justice on an ultimatum.

Also I'm not saying I want Citizens United silenced. I'm saying I'm against the RULING that claims that Corporations are people and that money is free speech.

And if Mitch McConnell said that in the video then the headline should say McConnel says, and then put quotations around the headline.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well Seeker I don't believe a thing either party says either. So I wouldn't say I'd want one silenced but only if the other was silenced. In some ways that's still playing party politics. That's basing justice on an ultimatum.

Also I'm not saying I want Citizens United silenced. I'm saying I'm against the RULING that claims that Corporations are people and that money is free speech.

And if Mitch McConnell said that in the video then the headline should say McConnel says, and then put quotations around the headline.

I agree that corporations are NOT people and I am totally against that ruling! A corporation is made up of people of all differing opinions and you are correct, that an amount of money does not give someone more of a voice than someone who doesn't have money. YES, you are correct! No one should be silenced by anyone else! That "Freedom of Speech" thing is what has made us (at least up to now) a free country.

The title used by Infowars was misleading for those who choose to open their mouths (minds) and except the food that is being fed into it. But we can see that in almost all of the biased media, we are spoon fed, (lied too) every day.

I just wanted to say, I appreciated you looking into it further! I glanced over it and didn't think twice. But after I read your post, you provoked me to look further into it, and I "Thank you" for doing that!

new topics

top topics

join