It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam prepares to sell out the little guy once again; Real Estate fire sale for the rich ONLY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

These are all the homes that were forclosed on by some government or government sponsored agency. It seems the gubment has been holding on to these properties trying to decide what to do with all of them (like that military housing in my post above).

Now, they've made up their minds; they're gonna sell it all off to the same
who caused this whole mess in the first place. Instead of putting those
in jail, where they belong, the gubment is going to help them get even richer at the expense of the little guy.

Imagine if the gubment would sell them off individually at the same prices as the super rich are getting for buying them in bulk; a person could probably pick up a fairly decent house for the price of a used car!

They can't have that though; only the super rich are allowed to prosper in the Corporate States of AmerCIA.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Imagine if the gubment would sell them off individually at the same prices as the super rich are getting for buying them in bulk; a person could probably pick up a fairly decent house for the price of a used car!

No offense. I get the frustration...BUT I don't have to imagine "if the gubment would sell them off individually"

They have been doing that all along....See my point?

portal.hud.gov.../program_offices/housing/sfh/reo/reobuyfaq

Buying HUD Homes

HUD Announces Launch of HUD Home Store

HUD Home Store is the listing site for HUD real estate owned (REO) single-family properties. This new site provides the public, brokers, potential owner-occupants, state and local governments and nonprofit organizations a centralized location to search the inventory of HUD properties for sale. In addition, registered real estate brokers and other organizations can place bids on behalf of their clients to purchase a HUD property. HUD Home Store also includes many informative user-friendly features providing advice and guidance for consumers on the home buying process.

Here...go find a cheap home.

www.hudhomestore.com...

Search for a HUD home to purchase by doing one of the following:

Click a state on the map to the right

Click one of the HUD Special Program links below

Enter more detailed criteria in the Search Properties area below and click Search

Click on one of the links below to see available properties for HUD Special Programs:

Good Neighbor Next Door

Nonprofits

$1 Homes-Government Sales

Now if you are pissed that the Gov. is looking to unload the properties they haven't been able to sell over the past few years...I don't know what to say. Yes...the wealthy will buy them..hopefully...

These are properties that have not sold despite heavy discounts...

The Gov. shouldn't be holding real estate for 30 years...abondoned real estate hurts neighborhoods in home value, crime etc. At least with an owner, someone is liable for upkeep.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ahhh yes....the rich make money on the way up....and they make money on the way down. The game is rigged and the 99% of us end up holding the bag.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thanks for the link. I'll have to bookmark that.

The thing is though, if they haven't been able to unload those houses, its probably because either they are priced too high or, as in my case, most people have had their credit score ruined by the financial catastrophy and can't get a loan for those places, no matter how cheap they are.

Now, instead of bringing the prices down as the market obviously demands, they are instead going to sell them off super cheap only to those who can lay down at least a billion bucks to buy them in bulk. I would imagine that, if they were to offer them to the public at those same equivilent prices, it would benifit millions of people who dream of home ownership and would probably make even more profit for the gubment over selling them off in bulk to those who are already filthy rich.

Sure, those who have worked hard and payed their high mortgage rates for decades may whine that the guy next store bought his house for a fraction of what he paid for his own but, how is that any less fair than selling it off to some already rich guy for pennies on the dollar?

At least selling it to the average Joe gives him a leg up instead of further enriching someone who has manipulated the system and caused untold misery to millions.

Why can't the gubment look out for the little guy for a change?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Not "we." Sorry JT!

I have tried and tried to get people angry enough to even talk about this stuff. They won't touch it with a 39 and a half foot poll. They are living in literal la-la land. If you tell them something that bothers them, it's la-la-la-la-la.

It is not fair to lay a blanket "we" out there. Plenty of us are aware, but we are too few and far in between. What can we do? email our congressmen? They do whatever the hell they want to regardless! I hate this country! It's beyond repair!

Just look up "Cognitive Dissonance"! Not only will it give you an idea of why and how the world has become what it has today,, it will also give you some insite on how our wonderful military and psychiatrists have banned together to use it against us...................

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why can't they just auction them off for cheap to the public so they can have homes to live in that are paid off? When will the people say enough is enough? I'm afraid that will be after the collapse of the dollar and when it's probably way too late for anything because you won't be able to buy a loaf of bread without half a million in worthless notes...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

When homes are foreclosed on...doesn't the public get a chance at those homes at auction before the bank/gov takes final ownership?
edit on 15-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Yes, we do. The details are always posted on the front door of the premises. When an auction comes and goes with no one buying it, it then becomes the property of the financial institution that is holding the note. The thing is this. It was foreclosed on because certain people couldn't afford the payments. It then goes to auction where people in the same economic class have a chance to buy it. Buy it at a starting price, unless it's a tax sale, that is fair market value. The same market value that the previous owner, in that particular economic class, couldn't afford in the first place.

See the problem here?

I'm not backing the fat cats here, because they don't seem to understand Economics 101 either. It all comes down to fair market value here. A fair market value that people obviously can't afford. This rate of return percentage that they're calculating? That's based, I believe, on the assumption that people will be able to afford their rent. Not to pick on Detroit or anything, but what makes them think that people in Detroit can afford a rent that will be comparable, or even more, to a mortgage payment that other people in the same economic class can't afford? The economy won't magically get better just because billionaires buy up a large swath of real estate. And their assumptions, hard as it may be for them to believe, won't make them richer either. It may pad their portfolio, but that's about it.

Yes, the're showing the world how rich they are and the favoritism that comes with it, but they're also showing the world how ignorant they are at the same time for not being able to understand basic economics. I participated in a thread the other day about how that store Wal-Mart has these buckets of prepared food for sale at a very cheap price. Do you know how stores like that and Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc.... keep making money and even building new stores in this economy? Because they offer things to people that they know people can afford. This is why retail operations like this are flourishing and the real estate market just isn't recovering. One sector has people at the top who know what they're doing while the other doesn't.

People think that the entire economy is going to collapse because one sector of it isn't doing well and never will because of the people running that show. Sorry, but the whole thing won't fail. Real Estate might, but not retail. At least that's the way it's all coming down right now. And I just don't buy the conspiracy theory that EVERYone at the top is in all this together. Sorry, but I don't think that people like Lee Scott ( Wal-Mart ) and Mickey Drexler ( J Crew ) run in the same circle as Jamie Dimon ( JP Morgan ) and Lloyd Blankfein ( Goldman Sachs ). They may all have tons of money, but one big thing they all have in common is this: They all know how to protect it. People like Dimon and Blankfein protect theirs by , alleged, unethical means whereas people like Scott and Drexler don't. Scott and Drexler, I imagine, knows that the others' wealth is always short lived. That's why they're relegated to continually doing what they do. And that's why they'll never be in the same class as Scott and Drexler because those two are doing nothing but continually building their wealth by ethical means and sound business decisions while staying away from those "other" people.

My opinion of course.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Indigo5

These are all the homes that were forclosed on by some government or government sponsored agency. It seems the gubment has been holding on to these properties trying to decide what to do with all of them (like that military housing in my post above).

Now, they've made up their minds; they're gonna sell it all off to the same : who caused this whole mess in the first place. Instead of putting those : in jail, where they belong, the gubment is going to help them get even richer at the expense of the little guy.

They can't have that though; only the super rich are allowed to prosper in the Corporate States of AmerCIA.

I would imagine they are selling them off in bundles because regular folks arent buying them..

edit on 15-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I expect to see a rash of inexplicable house fires in empty homes.

Film at 11.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is no good reason why the Federal government hasn't put a moratoria on foreclosures, like they did in the thirty’s.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Jokes on them, a lot of people are having trouble making rent, not just mortgage payments.

They have to collect rent in order to get rich.

...then again, private equity firms specialize in leveraged buyouts, I'm sure they've crunched the numbers, I'm sure they'll get richer. It's called asset allocation. They diversify their invests according to risk vs gain. ...they know their shhhh.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i almost vomited. can you please put a warning next time you post news like this.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
PLEASE, somebody.....just take the 1st shot to start off the revolution.
edit on 15/6/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
PLEASE, somebody.....just take the 1st shot to start off the revolution.

Originally posted by nenothtu
I expect to see a rash of inexplicable house fires in empty homes.

Film at 11.

Somehow, I think this may be exactly what they want. Who wants to bet that they won't insure those houses at full market value? When they try to rent these off to the rest of us at prices they know we can't afford, maybe they are hoping we'll rebel and start burning down the abandoned houses.

Then, they can collect on the insurance money and build a brand new home in its place and charge us for the price of a new house instead of an older model.

The biggest problem with revolution against the 1% is identifying the scumbags. We can identify and destroy their assets but, chances are, they have them insured and will find a way to profit from their destruction.

We need to identify the people behind the curtain and send them all off to jail, or someplace worse...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

"morons in congress"

Ehh I dont think they are morons, i think they are of average intelligence, but when someone says, here is a briefcase with 250,000$ in it, all you have to do is agree with me, what do you say?

These people are in it for the wealth but they are not morons because they know what said agreement entails will not effect them or their family so why should they give a #? This is what happens when politicians and congress are business owners, if they see any way to personally profit they jump all over it.

People dont get into politics these days to help make the country a better place, to represent the people, they do it because they want a means to further their own business goals. I mean just look at your local elected positions, then compare that to how many are business owners. Maybe its not the case, but it is around where I live in Canada.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

"We need to identify the people behind the curtain and send them all off to jail, or someplace worse..."

I would say, start anywhere in congress, if they see the other rats are starting to drop off, I think those rats might start turning into mice.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Criminals & corruption, that's what will be remembered when they look back on these times in the future. They'll shake their heads and wonder how the people let this happen, why they didnt stand up and fight. This will be looked upon as a sad and pathetic time ... and rightfully so.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The agenda is to bankrupt every single person owning a middle to lower class home.

To have two classes, rich and poor.

It's been predicted and ATS members were warmed several years ago but most people don't care unless they lose their job, they have a medical issue or finanical issue.............apathy for the other guy.

Service to self as well as everyone being dumbed down, distracted and divided.

The New World Order, George Bush Sr. promised us is now set into place.

Welcome to 1984.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Government / big business corruption at its very best, ( Sorry, worst..)

Business making money out of ordinary folk who have been foreclosed on, an utter, contemptible disgrace.

I've said it before on ATS, don't vote for anyone in November, the whole rotten, corrupt, system needs to change.

Again, " The tail is wagging the dog " Stop voting for wealthy, privileged people who have only their own squalid interests at heart.

Nope, you'll whoop and holler another self serving, privileged, corrupt by nature politician in to power.

It does,nt really matter which one, either.....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
We have officially discovered how to time travel! First stop, 1984.. All aboard the ho train/ choo chooo etc
This story is fascinating as it alone cannot be spun by political hacks. It speaks for itself.
They created the bubble and burst it while transferring wealth, destroying hope and it was all done in the open. Those of us who are aware of marxist tactics and "political plays" probably aren't surprised by this. Who knew, marxists and crony capitalists would team up to destroy the middle class? This was predicted many years ago.
I bet the chinese are buying these properties up too. Just a guess. Trump? Nah he seems to be against market manipulations?
Anyways., I find it strange that many so called "good people" are openly applauding this "destruction of capitalism" (elimination of the middle class)
The only people who benefit from this political ideology are the super rich. So why do normal citizens fight tooth and nail for them? Are they really this stupid?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join