It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inequality: It’s Even Worse Than We Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

In five short years.....The average US family, has lost FORTY PERCENT of its wealth......!!!!
We are talking from 126,000$, down to 77,000$...........!
This is just the tip of the iceberg.........read on my friends.....you are being impoverished at an astonishing rate!
Any thoughts?
Or can anyone see an offset to this alarming trend?
The drain on actual wealth of the 99% is killing the country......
Unempoyment rises and falls minimally, but the past levels of employment may never be reached again!
Current industrial practice of mechanizing human labour is increasing, the technology of the new era is not as labour intensive as the old stuff.......
We the people have been made obsolete, and are being de- capitalised before the depopuation ......IMHO....
Thoughts?
edit on 15-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hoorrayyy, thanks all you elected nitwits for destroying this country

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow $77k you poor beggers, I bet the people who live on less than one buck a day are really worried for you.
Heck its the same everywhere just be grateful you live in a developed country eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks to people that keep voting for the same monstrosities and can't come up with their own opinion because they are too jaded and lost.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My thoughts?? That there is a very small window for the "middle class" to prepare, downsize, and get ready for the S to hit the F.. as in personal armageddon. Time to fight this tooth and nail together and not separated by political party or etc. To come together and make our own change. If we dont... there will be no recovering and there will be 2 classes just as they want... poor and rich. The poor will work for peanuts to feed their families while the rich reap the benefits.

Fortunately there is a little window of time. I guess it depends on what will happen with this country according to how many see the writing on the wall and how many can drop their ego issues and embrace others who are not like them and who do not believe everything they believe to change our country.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
None of the current presidential candidates are going to do a damn thing to change any of it. Just wait till the UN starts taxing us. Its only a matter of time, they've been talking about it forever. The fact of the matter is, people as a whole, just aren't pissed off enough for anything to change. They will still vote people into office that are and have been part of the problem for decades, people who have never held a private sector job for their entire working life. I'd hate to say it because i love the country our founding fathers built for us, but before anything will change we are going to have to loose everything. I don't have faith in the average voter and i don't have faith in the current manipulated system to think any of it will change in the next few voting cycles
edit on 15-6-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Well, in this upcoming election, we will have Obama and Romney. Who do you suggest I vote for, then? Because neither one is going to fix the problem. They'll just make it worse. The only one I would vote for is not going to be on the ticket, so I'll write him in but guess what...he won't be elected. And what were our choices last election? yeah, not much better. Obama won with his suave looks and his smooth talking but that only lasted for so long before people saw right past it. But if we saw past it from the beginning, we would have voted for McCain. yeah, much, much better. Not.

So sick of that argument. Well you voted these idiots in, it's all your fault. Blame me all you want, but as I don't really have a choice at all, it's not my fault.

The non-stop printing of money, causing debt to cover debt is like shoveling dirt right back into the same hole you're trying to dig out of. Do you not think those in charge know this?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My thoughts.....may not be what your expecting....

I am an employer for a company that I don't believe is important for me to name.

In my time with the company I have officially hired an estimated 1,500 employees.

Dealing with so many employees over the years has given me a really good generalized understanding of the work ethic of the average person is....

Unfortunately my mind is blown day in and day out by the performance and ethic of these employees.

Pretty much everyday I deal with people calling off work...being late for work...not even showing up. These are people sometimes that beg me for a job. I will never be able to wrap my head around how it appears that so many people would apparently kill for a job. But then when they finally get one they're always late, don't care enough to do a good job while at work (always texting or worried about the outside world). I usually then have to let them go. Then they beg and plea to give them another chance. This happens everyday. And it blows my mind.

Call me an asshole...or just call me smart. But I could care less about the unemployed peoples. Theirs a reason they are unemployed. They are lazy. They don't care about themselves or others enough to want to do a good job. And are in most cases lost causes. This is a generalization of course. I'm sure theirs lots of US people that have good reasons why they are unemployed and I'm sure would be wonderful committed employees as well.

Theirs so many jobs available its rediculous! I hate hearing theirs no where to work...STFU!!! Theirs zillions of places to land a job you just have to get off the damn couch, put away the damn doritos, type up a nice resume and a clear and concise and meaningful cover letter, hop in your car and start selling yourself! I absolutely hate the whining, crying, of these lazy ass people!

Ah that feels good to get off my chest.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by satron

Well, in this upcoming election, we will have Obama and Romney. Who do you suggest I vote for, then? Because neither one is going to fix the problem. They'll just make it worse. The only one I would vote for is not going to be on the ticket, so I'll write him in but guess what...he won't be elected. And what were our choices last election? yeah, not much better. Obama won with his suave looks and his smooth talking but that only lasted for so long before people saw right past it. But if we saw past it from the beginning, we would have voted for McCain. yeah, much, much better. Not.

So sick of that argument. Well you voted these idiots in, it's all your fault. Blame me all you want, but as I don't really have a choice at all, it's not my fault.

The non-stop printing of money, causing debt to cover debt is like shoveling dirt right back into the same hole you're trying to dig out of. Do you not think those in charge know this?

Don't vote for them, vote for someone else, don't act like your only choices are the ones with Democrat and Republican next to there name on the ballot.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I don't feel bad for them. The majority of people are buying it. A demand is being supplied. People get what they pay for.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's actually Obamney. There is no real difference between the two since they both serve their corporate elite masters.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Did you not read the part where i said:

The only one I would vote for is not going to be on the ticket, so I'll write him in but guess what...he won't be elected.

Voting outside of the two party system only works if everyone is willing to do it but there's just too many people caught up in the game and refuse to see the bigger picture. Their answer is always something like, if you vote for Ron Paul, you might as well just vote Obama back in. Well, not if enough vote for Ron Paul, right? But they have the country divided into one extreme or the other so drastically, that unless they interrupt (insert name of reality show here) to put on an announcement to open their eyes a little bit, no change will happen and we'll continue down this path. It's like everyone gets amnesia. Vote Democrat! Wait, democrats suck....Vote Republican!...no, wait, republicans suck.....rinse, repeat.

Heck, I can't even wake my own husband up. He's voting Obama again and is still stuck on the whole "It's all the Republicans fault" thing, as he watches some stupid Judge show or sporting event.. I would like to smack him when he does that--no, we don't talk politics much.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GARN40ish

The Inequality exist for a reason.

Part of what you said applies, but only to a percentage of people. (I'll go with 80/20 on %'s)

Please do not think I do not agree.

1) My GF is a manager of her store

of the last four that have been hired

Three hit every metric you named. Every dang blasted one.
late, texting, exctra

you forgot the attitude of the job was beneath them

one had problems with husband who did not want her working.... she was however good at the job...

the person who took position is new to being employed, I told her she struck gold. She can mold his work habits and I have watched this kid upsale and side-sale customers.

2)a friend works for wally world

I get to hear inside crap all the time
same garbage

the managers themselves are not wanting to do the job
they are only doing the bare parts to pass what corporate wants that it

(note wally world hit every metric and then some)
also, it appears a new trend emerged
the job is beneath them attitude...

3) my direct management skills had gotten rusty. I decided to sharpen them

I went around to a few people to see about picking up Pecans. I got verbal contracts. (yes I know but my word is solid and contract on this level will cost you more)

I then went and gathered up a workforce

One did not want to get out of bed
Two quit halfway through because they did not like distribution
(Of note the three of them decided to get together and attempt to get the contracts to pick up)
(the old boys asked them where they where at 7am
)

Guess who was the only one who stuck
The one who had a record oddly enough

The only thing I got out of it was sharpening my skills

I am right there with you on lazy non-productive workers and leaders.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by satron

Did you not read the part where i said:

The only one I would vote for is not going to be on the ticket, so I'll write him in but guess what...he won't be elected.

Voting outside of the two party system only works if everyone is willing to do it but there's just too many people caught up in the game and refuse to see the bigger picture. Their answer is always something like, if you vote for Ron Paul, you might as well just vote Obama back in. Well, not if enough vote for Ron Paul, right? But they have the country divided into one extreme or the other so drastically, that unless they interrupt (insert name of reality show here) to put on an announcement to open their eyes a little bit, no change will happen and we'll continue down this path. It's like everyone gets amnesia. Vote Democrat! Wait, democrats suck....Vote Republican!...no, wait, republicans suck.....rinse, repeat.

Heck, I can't even wake my own husband up. He's voting Obama again and is still stuck on the whole "It's all the Republicans fault" thing, as he watches some stupid Judge show or sporting event.. I would like to smack him when he does that--no, we don't talk politics much.

Doesn't matter if the person you want to vote doesn't have a good chance to become elected. Vote for the person that you like, not the person you think will win. I'm voting for someone that I don't think will win, and not Romney or Obama because, let's face it, they are both pretty s****y and what exactly is the difference between the two?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sorry im late getting back to me own thread....just too damn busy i guess ....trying to support myself ,I tend to blank out when juggling my muti- role retirement.
One day wrecking cell phones, and the next down in a ditch....or eating weeds for some pensioner.....then i have my route every friday, picking up dead and broken electronics from a few small computer stores and one man fixit shops....
I check the 2nd hand stores for stuff that i can get cheep too....gold is where you find it.....
Watches, i rebatteryise watches by the score and try to sell them cheeply to those who want one....i have thousands by now....so many i drop them off by the dozen at thrift shops so they can sell em too.....( i trade them for dead ones which i fix...) and return....
Scrap metal of any kinds i keep my eye out for...and i junk the steel computer cases etc for enough money for gas to pick em up......
The chips and boards and all that stuff has value, and cell phones are even better bet if you can get lots and lots of em.....so far i have three hundred all stripped and stacked for processing....and more coming every week....
Then theres the garden, the fish boat, the firewood, the truck repairs and all the other stuff thats required.
I also have a skidder im just about ready to try to hire out as soon as the finishing touches are done on the winch....
Of course Gold panning takes up some of my time as well as the work to dig the stuff out of the creek bottoms...and rock faces of the local rivers.
Its ten days till pension day, i think i have 95$ in my chequing acct still.....
Tomorrow i will try to sell a couple of briefcases full of the watches i have fixed at the swap meet...i probably can get about 5$ for every 75$ worth of value in them....3$ for a twenty five dollar watch or so.....so long as it is ticking and set right.....if all goes well i will make 30-40$ after my 10$fee for selling there and gas to get there and back oh and maybe a coffee halfway through the 6 hour sale.....
But i can bring a book on processing minerals and get a bit of studying done too.....
yep we are a lazy ass bunch of people sitting on the sofa eating ourselves obese on the food stamps from Uncle.....
When the man says 77,000...thats the familys total wealth....car truck house furniture savings the rolex...everything......
This seems like SFA. compared to the obese fortunes which are the prime movers in our world.....
The day of the ittle guy ruling through democracy, is now defunct.
Democraacy has been sold lock stock and barrel to the corporate machine.
So many things that are approved by our goverments and are merely legalised robbery for the mutinationals to loot the common good of any wealth or meaning.
Not only have they sucked all the wealth unto themselves.....but they have turned the whole world souless and empty Existance if you are not rich, is getting to be nearly intolerable for the bottom earners....(working poor they are called...Some holding two or more jobs)
The wealthy have so very much that it would not even hurt their life style to share their wealth.......yet they persist in trying to get it all into their court....leaving the rank and file destitute in their own country.
The loss of the family nest egg, hits many thousands of times harder than the losses which have been made up by our goverments for the banks mis managment and the wall st greed.........OUR MONEY!
Wheres the bailout for the common man?
Wheres the compassion for the homeless?
It was spent like drunken wages in Iraq, Afghaqnistan, and everywhere the MIL/IND complex has its say.....
There are times i visualise an angry mob of millions descending upon the stately homes of the uber wealthy
brandishing torches and pitchforks.
Surrounding the castles with piles of faggots and setting them alight.......smoking out those cowering within..... to face the wrath of the monster their own arrogance had created.......................
There WILL be blowback someday.....

edit on 16-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join