It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to stop deporting and grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sure, if I'm was mexican I'd probably cross too...

...But I'm not, I'm American and care about my own family

There is nothing anybody can say to convince me to want to live in a Mexicanized America.

edit on 15-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

And yet another end run around of Congress and the law.

Bad economy, high unemployment, foreclosures and our Government decides to once again ignore their own constituents in order to represent those who are breaking the law.

I would love to see these idiots arrested and charged for knowingly ignoring and violating the law. Im curious if this is nothing more than an attempt to beef up "voter rolls" for the Dems.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I can't blame them for wanting to come here by any means, I blame them for actualy doing it. I want a million dollars, but I don't go hold up a bank.

The real blame is on the US government for not enforcing the laws, securing the border, seeking out and deporting illegals.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One thing I have to say is an illegal is the best neighbor in the world!!!

Why? Well because they don't want to draw attention to themselves and they sure don't want the police around!

Don't believe all the crap the media feeds you about all the crime caused by illegal immigrants.

The cartels cause problems of course but not the average person looking for a better life.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This has little to do with illegals, mexicans, people wanting better for their kids.. or any of that bleeding nonsense. It has to do with a president that breaks the law when he wants to and suffers no repercussions. If he wants to change the law.. do it properly. Dont just pick and choose which laws you will enforce and which you wont. This is a much deeper issue than illegal mexicans getting a free ride IMO.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by michaelbrux

My ancestors didn't scale any fences, swim any rivers, or break any laws to get here... LEGAL immigration makes us a better country, my wife is a naturalized citizen, BUT illegal immigration is horrible.

It leaves us with a diluted employment and gene pool. Legal immigration takes many of the best and brightest from all over the world.

Illegal immigration takes the people who weren't even employable in Mexico.... yeah great future.

Your lucky your ancestors moved over in a time when they didn't have to scale fences, swim any rivers, or were considered law breakers for wanting to be Americans.

You and your ancestors as well as me and mine, are no better then any of the Illegals that are trying to make their way into the United States to work and make a better life for themselves.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Don't believe all the crap the media feeds you about all the crime caused by illegal immigrants.

Uh, I'd like for you to establish your basis for such a comment. And before you answer, I'll establish mine: 13 years with INS/ICE and counting, and the groups I oversee deal only with criminal aliens.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
You and your ancestors as well as me and mine, are no better then any of the Illegals that are trying to make their way into the United States to work and make a better life for themselves.

Illegals today aren't simply immigrants. All know that coming in the way they do, or over staying their visas is illegal. They knowingly commit a crime. Did your ancestors knowingly commit crimes in order to try an benefit from American systems and being in the US?
edit on 15-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Most of these kids came here at a young age.. They had no choice in that decision. They no longer know their native country and have really grown up with American values. Some no longer speak their native language. I believe they deserve a shot at the American dream.

That being said, I really think it should have gone through Congress. Will be interesting to see if Obama has the legality to implement such a plan.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by Procession101

Illegals today aren't simply immigrants. All know that coming in the way they do, or over staying their visas is illegal. They knowingly commit a crime. Did your ancestors knowingly commit crimes in order to try an benefit from American systems and being in the US?
edit on 15-6-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

The system we have in this day in age is NOTHING like what my ancestors went through. It has turned into a red tape bearucratic nightmare. I believe if my Great, Great, Great Grandparents had to go through what the poor "Illegals" go through now a days, they would have most likely done the exact same thing as I'm sure yours would have to make a better life for their families.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Most of these kids came here at a young age.. They had no choice in that decision. They no longer know their native country and have really grown up with American values. Some no longer speak their native language. I believe they deserve a shot at the American dream.

I think the percent of those who don't speak their native language is infitecimal. Their families almost always speak their native tongue in the home.

They grew up knowing their parents were illegal. By the time your a teen, you can't really hide that fact. They could have turned the parents in. That is one exception I might conceed. I would turn in my family if I knew they were doing something illegal.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

I would be willing to bet that most of our ancestors who came here were hard workers willing to fight to do the right thing. If they couldn't go somewhere legally, they would work on improving their own situations.

If the illegals in the US would have just put their so called hard work to good use in their own home countries, they probably could be combating corruption and improving standard of living and their lives. Instead, they come here and weight down our system, and cost us money, and the majority of the time, fail to assimilate into the local culture.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

So....God Forbid these people help themselves. Instead Mr. Obama has now "helped" them to a country fighting a number of battles in other countries....also fighting a war on cartels and yes even worse politicians...they should beg the ACLU to sue him for his "help".

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is so that Obama can hedge his vote with a bunch of illegals.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by cavalryscout

Uh, I'd like for you to establish your basis for such a comment. And before you answer, I'll establish mine: 13 years with INS/ICE and counting, and the groups I oversee deal only with criminal aliens.

Okay so what are you comparing your arrests too?

the groups I oversee deal only with criminal aliens

You aren't dealing with any other groups then how can you compare the crime rates?

I'm saying compared to black youths, asian youths, white youths etc. the percentage of crimes by illegal mexicans would be far lower.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You guys are so right. We should just have a totally open doors policy.

I hate my own culture and customs so much that I want them replaced with sombreros and tacos.

As long as I'm not seen as an evil racist, I'll even dumb down the curriculum at my kids school for these poor poor people.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Illegals can't vote.......can they?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
You guys are so right. We should just have a totally open doors policy.

I hate my own culture and customs so much that I want them replaced with sombreros and tacos.

As long as I'm not seen as an evil racist, I'll even dumb down the curriculum at my kids school for these poor poor people.

That's a bit much.

Don't you think we as a country have much bigger things to worry about than a few Mexicans sneaking across the border?

I don't know what you think but Arizona isn't bursting at the seams with illegal immigrants. They want you to think that border states are but the truth is it's really exaggerated!

edit on 15-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
ICE Director: U.S. Immigration Law Requires Removal of Illegal Aliens, Deporting Non-Criminals ‘Quite Rare’ - June 12th 2012

(CNSNews.com) – In an interview with National Public Radio’s “Weekend Edition” on Saturday, John Morton, director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, told host Scott Simon that U.S. immigration laws require the removal of aliens who are in the country illegally, but that those without criminal records are “not our priority.”

In the June 9 interview, Simon asked Morton about charges by some critics of his agency that illegal aliens were being rounded up for minor infractions like a broken taillight and being deported.

What I find humorous is this -

Crossing the border is illegal.
Transporting immigrants across the border is illegal
Using forged documents to cross the border is illegal
Hiring an illegal alien is illegal
If a person has knowledge that an illegal alien has entered into the United States, and fails to report that, it is illegal.
If a US citizen marries a foreign national solely to evade immigration laws, it is illegal.
If a US citizen engages in criminal enterprise to evade immigration laws, it is illegal.

Apparently the Federal Government is exempt from prosecution when it comes to violating their own immigration laws.

By intentionally not enforcing immigration laws wouldn't the US government be considered an entity who is engaging in criminal enterprise (job issue) as well as facilitating the transport of illegal into the United States.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Obama pandering to the Hispanic vote, nothing more about it. Send the illegals back! What is so hard about this? Other countries have very strict laws and then our country is sold out!! It is really pissing me off

I agree!

Plus,what's the latest word on the democrats trying to raise minimum wage up to $10.00?

What will happen is that corporations will see absolutely no reason at all to pay more than $7.00 per hour for unskilled type of work, so they certainly will not want to pay them $10.00 an hour. They will simply do more outsourcing, and then we will see a REAL explosion of unemployed Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join