It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to stop deporting and grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

US to stop deporting and grant work permits to younger illegal immigrants

leanfor ward.msnbc.msn.com

The Obama administration will stop deporting and begin giving work permits to younger illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have since led law-abiding lives. The election-year initiative addresses a top priority of a growing Latino electorate that has opposed administration deportation policies.

The administration's decision will affect as many as 800,000 immigrants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
While I understand that these people need to work to make their lives better, it's a slap in the face of everyday Americans for the Obama administration to have done this. It's bad enough that a lot of Americans cannot find a job and now they have even more competition.

Does it bother anyone else that our government seems to be saying that our borders are completely open now?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think its to honestly to prepare for world war 3,

This is a serious step. once you have these people here, you enact a Draft,
a hardcore door to door search of all people able, and I mean able, kids and granma and pa too.

I dont know, half of me says " hey this is America, not some private yacht club "
the other half says " this isn't the time to try to employ other countries "

So if it's not for a war / draft, maybe it's to secure Obama's second term.

So if they have a H.S. diploma, served in Military, are under 30, immigrants can stay for 2 years and take a test.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Obama pandering to the Hispanic vote, nothing more about it. Send the illegals back! What is so hard about this? Other countries have very strict laws and then our country is sold out!! It is really pissing me off

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As an everyday American, I am happy for them.

it's not their fault that their parents took a risky gamble with their lives as infants.

that's 800,000 young adults that can testify to the world about how America is the greatest nation to ever exist upon Earth.

800,000 young people can say to themselves, even though past generations of immigrants from various places raised children that are now at war against the American system, we can give those obnoxious traitors a smackdown and take their place.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Its the same thing Lincoln did to the slaves.

link   
Maybe its because Illegal workers get paid less get less working rights etc Illegal workers have made many people rich in the states and here in Europe.

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is exactly how I see it as well. There very well could be deeper driving forces, but I'm pretty sure someone in Barry's administration has an eye on some of the hispanic polling data. He losing support across the board and this is a thinly veiled attempt at shoring up a large chunk of his base.

The draft theory is interesting however.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

While I understand that these people need to work to make their lives better, it's a slap in the face of everyday Americans for the Obama administration to have done this. It's bad enough that a lot of Americans cannot find a job and now they have even more competition.

Does it bother anyone else that our government seems to be saying that our borders are completely open now?

Americans can find jobs it's just that many of them refuse to work for the wages being offered. And even more refuse the job because they think it is beneath them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think it's a bunch of bunk! I have a friend who has worked here legally for extended periods of time who had to go back to his home country a few years ago as his time had expired. He really wants to live in the US and bring his whole family with him and has been going about it the LEGAL way. The process has stretched into YEARS and they are no closer to being able to move here than when they started. He and his wife both have guaranteed jobs waiting for them and many close friends to help them get settled. It's just not fair in my book!

And by the way, they are not from Mexico. Maybe that's the problem. I understand people from Mexico want a better life and better opportunities for their children. Heck, that's all anyone wants really! But it's not right to let people who came here illegally "slide" when there are so many deserving people going about it the proper way who can't seem to get anywhere with it because the current administration is only worried about securing the Latino voting block for the upcoming election!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
God forbid that Obama actually believes that if they are going to be here they might as well be able to work legally. God forbid if Obama actually wants to help people who come from violent nations locked into battles with drug cartels and wildly corrupt politicians.

edit on 15-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah must admit I have tried to get a green card for the states (Iam from the UK) and its i impossible, my pal who lives in new york says "just come over you will find work easy because of your accent" but Iam afraid of the cops with guns

So if any of you want an English butler/drinking buddie for $500 a week pm me

edit on 15-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

so what you are saying is that Obama has chosen to implement a plan that has been successful in the past.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And guess how many more taxpayers they'll have based on this . . . Obama is changing the rules so benefit him at the polls, to benefit the corporate giants who refuse to pay what is considered a decent wage and will hire these newly created nationals at those cut rates to bolster their profit margins, and the governments at several levels will benefit from getting to deduct at the source taxes that previously were probably skirted by these workers being paid under-the-table.

It's a winner-winner-chicken-dinner for everyone . . . . EXCEPT . . . the poor folks who've lived and worked here all their lives, but were laid off from jobs due to 'cost cutting' and bolstering the bottom line for shareholders and are now expected to work at 'entry level' wages that are being paid to these 'new nationals.'

Despite a warm and fuzzy for those illegals who now find themselves on the good side of the goverenment, I find it appalling and dead wrong.

Just another example of corporate pocket lining by those who rely on the same corporate pockets to get their rear ends elected.

Makes me wanna hurl, actually.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Forgive me I answered with that to fast and may have been........................
But yes it is kind of similar no???????????????????

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I agree

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
God forbid that Obama actually believes that if they are going to be here they might as well be able to work legally. God forbid if Obama actually wants to help people who come from violent nations locked into battles with drug cartels and wildly corrupt politicians.

and God forbid if Obama actually put the people of the United States first before trying to save the collective butts of every other place on this planet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

and God forbid if Obama actually put the people of the United States first before trying to save the collective butts of every other place on this planet.

I wish I had 4 arms so I can give you 4 thumbs up

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That may be true in some cases, but it does not apply to most people. One of my kids is an LVN but is working part time at a snack bar because that's all she can get right now. My other kid who was an office manager is now cocktail waitressing at a nightclub. One of my neighbors- a land surveyor- is mowing yards and hauling scrap metal just to be able to eat. My nephew with an accounting degree is bartending at a restraunt.

I know many more people in the same boat. People are taking whatever jobs they can get just to survive!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Just another act of war the US.gov. has been waging on it's own people for years now.

We're actually fenced in by our own borders more than anyone is fenced out. They're giving away our ways to make a living and forcing us to sit and starve. These are acts of war and they are going unanswered.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join