It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My formal rejection of Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Auburn2012

In my opinion aliens are just masked spirits. I believe they will reveal themselves as aliens from a distant universe when the time is right in a last attempt to pull humanity into a big illusion that "man is god" and that we "humans" can transform into "higher, enlightened beings", if we just give up our religions and everything that holds us back.

What will be the result of said illusion, though? That everyone fooled by it will go to Hell?

This seriously only makes sense to a mind that is sufficiently soaked in fear to begin with, that said mind is not capable of thinking critically.

The single main reason why I was compelled to walk away from Christianity, was because I could no longer tolerate adherence to a completely fear-based belief system.

I accept the possibility that I am going to Hell. I have resigned myself to it.

Given that, I am going to utilise whatever time I do have in physical incarnation, where I do still have some minor degree of control over my own destiny, in as peaceful, positive, and productive a manner as possible. That does not mean existing in a frenzy of apocalyptic, brainwashed terror.

I have never before said this unequivocally; but I hereby formally reject your religion, Christians. I reject it completely.

I consider your view of God to be horrific, and fundamentally wrong. I also reject the obsession that many of you have with demons and Satan.

I reject Biblical prophecy and eschatology. I reject the concept that humanity has no ability to change or avoid that scenario. Most of all, I utterly reject the implication that God is a sadist to a sufficient degree, that Biblical prophecy would be used to tell us in advance about an unspeakable future scenario, that we supposedly also had no ability to change.

I believe in Jesus Christ, for the record. I believe that he existed, and that the miracles, crucifixion, and resurrection occurred. Yet I also consider contemporary Christianity to be derived from a set of complete lies, and to be an absolutely vile mockery of virtually everything that that man stood for.

There is no group of people on this planet, who spit in the face of Jesus Christ, on a routine basis, to a greater degree, than the very people who claim to be his adherents.

So do your worst to me, Christians. Pile your foul, evil condemnations on me. Tell me I am a demoniac. Tell me I am going to Hell. Tell me I am damned. If I accept this, you have no power over me. There is nothing else you can do to me.

I would genuinely prefer to spend eternity in Hell, than to experience a so-called Heaven, while in the presence of the likes of you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Great post mirrors my feeling to the letter, I have a question about Hell If my son is a bit bad and goes to hell and I goto heaven, I would not like to be in heaven because my son is not there so it wouldn't be my heaven due to the fact I would know my son is burning in hell. If you catch my drift.
Heck don't worry OP give it a few generations and man made religion will be gone, it is shrinking fast.
Also I think the Christian god is not a god of love but hate and murder Heck at least Satan gave us freewill

edit on 15-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Also I think the Christian god is not a god of love but hate and murder Heck at least Satan gave us freewill

I don't view Satan as being any more desirable.
edit on 15-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Tongue in cheek dude

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I also believe in God however I'm not quite sure that God had in his plans churches to worship him, confession, baptism and I'm quite sure he did not have plans for the construction of the Vatican...I'm also pretty sure that in the bible it does not speak of the crusades or the acts used to push religion on people. Although I do not attend church I in my own way make my piece with God from time to time. One of my hardest issues is giving myself forgiveness for past actions which is tougher than one may think...
edit on 15-6-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My Christianity is not fear based, as I have come to realise that "Hell" does not exist. The closest we come to it is the Lake of Fire, and that is for refining, not eternal destruction or eternal punishment. If you do your homework, you too will find the truth about Hell. It basically means the grave, and folks used to hell (a verb) their fruits and veggies if they lacked a root cellar. Helling consisted of digging a trench to below frost line, lining the bottom with straw, laying in the goodies, putting more straw on top, and then covering it all with the excavated dirt. My dad used to do it when he was young. God is Love, and such a God would never, ever send anyone to an eternal Hell. The doctrine of Hell can not even be proven from scripture, and if it is true, the way God acted toward sinners in its pages seems very odd, for He said many times, "Why should you die?," not "Why should I have to send you to eternal fire and torment?"

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no!!
edit on 15-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
To truly denounce religion... you do it in your heart.

Not out loud like you expect acceptance.

Next we'll have "I'm not a christian anymore" parades with people wearing nuns habits dry humping nude priests and flotillas of angry seamen all wanting to burst out onto the street.

That could just be sydney however..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
To truly denounce religion... you do it in your heart.

Not out loud like you expect acceptance.

I don't expect acceptance. There are a lot of outspoken Christians on this forum. I'm not going to get acceptance from them.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You are correct, God doesn't live in the minds of men. God is real, but not a human form that man wants to create in mans image. God is an entity and gods sole purpose is to share itself with all and create things. There are two forces at work and that is all. You cannot have one without the other. So, what does this all mean? Simple, God is all around you all the time, you just have to learn how to see, hear, smell and taste god. God is life and is amongst you everywhere. Jesus told everyone this when he said for every stone you turn you will find me and for every log you split I am there. That's what he was saying. There is no physical church for god, but gods church is this entire universe and others that have been created. You don't need a church to say thanks to god for this gift of life. God knows you are not perfect and god knows you will make mistakes. God has learned this through gods own experience and has come to the conclusion to forgive all for there mistakes as they know no better. So, you don't need a church, you just need to reflect within to find yourself first, then you can find God.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Create and then murder and destroy
also you say he is real but you can not prove it so next time put "In my opinion"
edit on 15-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
My Christianity is not fear based, as I have come to realise that "Hell" does not exist. The closest we come to it is the Lake of Fire, and that is for refining, not eternal destruction or eternal punishment. If you do your homework, you too will find the truth about Hell. It basically means the grave, and folks used to hell (a verb) their fruits and veggies if they lacked a root cellar. Helling consisted of digging a trench to below frost line, lining the bottom with straw, laying in the goodies, putting more straw on top, and then covering it all with the excavated dirt. My dad used to do it when he was young. God is Love, and such a God would never, ever send anyone to an eternal Hell. The doctrine of Hell can not even be proven from scripture, and if it is true, the way God acted toward sinners in its pages seems very odd, for He said many times, "Why should you die?," not "Why should I have to send you to eternal fire and torment?"

Heaven, yes!

Hell, no!!
edit on 15-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

And yesterday you were saying hell was "another dimension"...today it doesn't exist and basically refers to the grave. sounds a lot like my side of the argument yesterday -- grave.

Why the sudden change?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Zing!!! because he changes his mind with each day and has no real idea what he believes lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

And yesterday you were saying hell was "another dimension"...today it doesn't exist and basically refers to the grave. sounds a lot like my side of the argument yesterday -- grave.

Why the sudden change?

Only yesterday? When and where did I say that?? Have you confused me with someone else??? No, I stand by my "hell is the grave" belief.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

In my opinion aliens are just masked spirits. I believe they will reveal themselves as aliens from a distant universe when the time is right in a last attempt to pull humanity into a big illusion that "man is god" and that we "humans" can transform into "higher, enlightened beings", if we just give up our religions and everything that holds us back.

The single main reason why I was compelled to walk away from Christianity, was because I could no longer tolerate adherence to a completely fear-based belief system.

Seems that if you truly have rejected christianity, you would have done so because you find it to be untrue ...
edit on 15-6-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Dear petrus4,

Very powerful post. You may find it hard to believe, but I don't completely understand you.

I agree that a completely fear-based belief system is intolerable, but are you sure you're talking about Christianity? If so, perhaps it's a different Christianity from what I see.

That does not mean existing in a frenzy of apocalyptic, brainwashed terror.
Good, I agree with you, but why this insistence on fear and terror? I see Christianity as full of love and gratitude. Could it be that you've been shown a false model?

I consider your view of God to be horrific, and fundamentally wrong.
See, that's why I'm wondering about what you have been shown. I've never seen horror in God. Are we talking about the views that some people hold? Or Christianity itself? I know I'm frequently wrong, and I suspect others may be, too. So I don't take everything someone says at face value.

But I notice something else. Almost everything you're rejecting, any sane person would reject. Besides the things just mentioned,

I also reject the obsession that many of you have with demons and Satan.
Sure, I'm still with you. I reject that obsession as well. But maybe it's the people who fall short of Christianity's goals that are the problem.

There is no group of people on this planet, who spit in the face of Jesus Christ, on a routine basis, to a greater degree, than the very people who claim to be his adherents.
And

I would genuinely prefer to spend eternity in Hell, than to experience a so-called Heaven, while in the presence of the likes of you.
It seems to me that you're primarily rejecting "bad " Christians, those who fail to live up to the standards God deserves.

I believe in Jesus Christ, for the record. I believe that he existed, and that the miracles, crucifixion, and resurrection occurred.
Jesus isn't the problem, then it's

Yet I also consider contemporary Christianity to be derived from a set of complete lies, and to be an absolutely vile mockery of virtually everything that that man stood for.
I agree with you that mocking what Jesus stood for is a terrible thing. And if that's what contemporary Christianity is doing, then it too is a terrible thing.

So do your worst to me, Christians. Pile your foul, evil condemnations on me. Tell me I am a demoniac. Tell me I am going to Hell. Tell me I am damned. If I accept this, you have no power over me. There is nothing else you can do to me.
Why in the world would I want to do a foolish thing like that? You've shown yourself, at least to me, as a man who respects Jesus, and expects others to as well. You reject the terrible things you see in the world, some perpetrated by people claiming to act in a Christ-like manner. I see all that as a positive, a good thing.

So, now, as a man of passion and integrity, will you rescue that which is lost? Will you go back, using whatever tools you can find, to the time when the love and respect for Jesus was good and pure. Build that into your life and come back to us.

When you do, I will be happy to learn your lessons, as I've learned this one.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

My advice, coming from someone on the same page as you; Try and do all of the things that Christ said to do and completely ignore what the modern Christian church says. If you struggle to understand something Christ said ask him to teach you and he will.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

TextThe single main reason why I was compelled to walk away from Christianity, was because I could no longer tolerate adherence to a completely fear-based belief system.
reply to post by petrus4

So basically what you are saying is I was to lazy to read the word of God that he wrote thru his prophets to let us know what to expect . I realize reading takes a little work and one must understand the bible was translated by man , from other languages . Bottom line is most places in the bible when it says to Fear God it should have been translated .Revere or love God , also there is no eternal hell that's a lie of the church to scare people into being good, more bad translations . Don't get me wrong God does and will punish after the millennial rein of Christ but the bottom line is you were to lazy to seek the truth so you coped out .
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So now he's one of those dirty rotten science controlling thought controlling atheists he hates so much.

How ironic.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It was the fear of hell that partly drove me from Christianity in the first place five years ago. Doubts were forming in my mind, despite many visits to apologetics websites and people reassuring me that God was just testing my faith. My belief faded on its own, but fear of damnation kept me hanging on until I couldn't take the anxiety anymore.
And so a new panentheist was created. I couldn't be happier with my new philosophy.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The soul's awakening takes time and is not always pain-free. For rejecting idolatry, there can only be a blessing.

Originally posted by petrus4

What will be the result of said illusion, though? That everyone fooled by it will go to Hell?

This seriously only makes sense to a mind that is sufficiently soaked in fear to begin with, that said mind is not capable of thinking critically.

I accept the possibility that I am going to Hell. I have resigned myself to it.

Given that, I am going to utilise whatever time I do have in physical incarnation, where I do still have some minor degree of control over my own destiny, in as peaceful, positive, and productive a manner as possible. That does not mean existing in a frenzy of apocalyptic, brainwashed terror.

I have never before said this unequivocally; but I hereby formally reject your religion, Christians. I reject it completely.

I consider your view of God to be horrific, and fundamentally wrong. I also reject the obsession that many of you have with demons and Satan.

I reject Biblical prophecy and eschatology. I reject the concept that humanity has no ability to change or avoid that scenario. Most of all, I utterly reject the implication that God is a sadist to a sufficient degree, that Biblical prophecy would be used to tell us in advance about an unspeakable future scenario, that we supposedly also had no ability to change.

I believe in Jesus Christ, for the record. I believe that he existed, and that the miracles, crucifixion, and resurrection occurred. Yet I also consider contemporary Christianity to be derived from a set of complete lies, and to be an absolutely vile mockery of virtually everything that that man stood for.

top topics

join