It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Daiichi posoining Japan's rivers, threatens food supply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This bleak video released by NHK shows that all adjacent rivers next to Fukushima Daiichi are being contaminated by radiation. The contamination has spread right across the country from East to West:

What's even worse is that the radiation bio-accumulates in rice plants by a factor of almost 600.

The scale of this industrial accident is unprecedented, and nuclear plants should be phased out before it's too late.

enenews.com... -used-for-its-cultivation-video

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What happened to peoples common sense?
They would never have agreed to these poisonous monstrosities oif they were not lied to by the nuclear industry, and the lobby they set up to jam the plants through goverments....
Somebody must someday pay for the damage they have caused the world.....
We need to shut these poisonous monsters down, and also recover the damages from the companies responsible,AND their INVESTORS AS WELL!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
TERRIBLE THEY COULDNT EVEN PLACE SOME HEAVY RADIATION FILTERS NEAR THE RIVER ENTRANCES.

thanks OP for sharing. NO matter how much I dislike what is happening there 1 must observe and try to keep the vibrations focused. SAD

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
TERRIBLE THEY COULDNT EVEN PLACE SOME HEAVY RADIATION FILTERS NEAR THE RIVER ENTRANCES.

thanks OP for sharing. NO matter how much I dislike what is happening there 1 must observe and try to keep the vibrations focused. SAD

It is obvious that they can not contain the radiation from getting into the air and water. There is a surreal atmosphere about this whole mess. I personally think they are way over their heads and are living in denial.

It is apparent we cannot control this technology, especially since profit and not safety is the main concern.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

It is apparent we cannot control this technology, especially since profit and not safety is the main concern.

Which is sad because what do those who profit think that they can ALLOW EA*RHT to parish and they will somehow BUY a new world. When spoke of heavy radiation filters I was thinking some type of soil or rock sediment artificial that they could lay in the river entrances that would capturs the radio particals and cause them to neutralize and fall or something like that. I talk to people around me and they are so nonchalaunt about JAPAN like hey ITS THERE PROB. AND IT SICKENS ME. I have a feeling this PLANET EA*RTH has guardians and protectors of the animal/sea life and some human. But I think they are not happy with what is going on here and observing who REALLY cares and WHO just is about $$$$

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

It is obvious that they can not contain the radiation from getting into the air and water. There is a surreal atmosphere about this whole mess. I personally think they are way over their heads and are living in denial.

I agree. It does appear they are living in denial. The TRULY scary part is...Daichi means TWO...that means there is a Fukushima ONE....and if you count up ALL the reactors in the affected area....there are 13 or so, and ALL are having problems and NOT functioning as a result of the earthquake and tsunami. Why is it we ONLY hear about Daichi? What about ALL the OTHERS...they also have a couple of PLANTS where they store spent rods as well and THOSE are out of commission too....... AND recently on CNN - they're trying to encourage them to turn back on the remaining reactors in Japan instead of keeping them closed. WHY???

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Big deal, the fireflies cometh.

Larvae artificially raised from genji botaru fireflies in Okuma, Fukushima Prefecture, where the nuclear power plant is located, have been released in a reservoir in Iwaki. The fireflies are expected to emerge early next month.

Norio Abe, 56, director of Itabashi-ku Hotaru Seitai Kankyo-kan (Itabashi Ward firefly ecological environment museum) in Tokyo, collected firefly eggs in Okuma in 1989 and has artificially bred them since then. Because his mother hailed from Okuma, Abe hoped to bring the progeny back to the town someday.

Learning about Abe's efforts, members of a local merchants association in the Iwaki Yumoto hot spring area asked Abe for his support, hoping to "make fireflies near clean water a symbol to dispel harmful rumors" caused by the nuclear crisis, they said.

On June 4, about 110 students of Yumoto No. 1 Primary School in Iwaki released 700 larvae and 5,000 small snails the larvae feed on in a reservoir waterway.

"I want to see fireflies glowing soon," said Kota Suzuki, a sixth-year student.

top topics

join