It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria raids terror networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Published: 15 June, 2012

Consultant and peace activist Christoph R. Hörstel told RT that his information “is directly obtained from Syrian security personnel of various origins personally taking part in battles and other operations, and/or close relatives of such personnel – some are even well-known people.

“The information reaches me through a partner in Turkey. I counter-check all information obtained this way as best as possible under the circumstances,” Hörstel said.

During this week’s Homs-Khaldiyeh-Rastan operations, security forces landed an unexpected catch: due to a lack of convenience, all captured suspected terrorists were put into one detention center in Homs. At that point, one of the suspects quarreled and kicked another terrorist while a third one tried to separate the two. The Syrian prison ward, alerted by the unexpectedly serious brawl among prisoners who were picked up in different towns, decided to interrogate all three of them.

The result was astonishing for Syrian officials and a big blow to Syria’s “Mukhabarat”, the secret service: all three are Libyans, two of them originating from the eastern Libyan coastal town of Derna, the third from Tobruk. The man who was attacked is named Salaf, his attacker Momin, the go-between Dirham. Momin accused Salaf of causing the death of his brother, who was trained in improvised explosives, during a Damascus car bombing.

Salaf was released from Guantanamo after signing a contract with a private US security service, due to a Homeland 2008 Program; Salaf received his first training in the US, then arrived in Tunisia in 2010, where his education was finalized and put to service by a retired Egyptian colonel.

Momin was the coordinator of a "prison evacuation" scam plus a "Lampedusa transfer" operation, which was set up to plant potential al-Qaeda operatives into Europe, after the so-called Arab Spring in Tunisia. Momin acquired an interesting travel history, eventually reaching France via Italy without any passport or money, getting himself arrested there and sent to Turkey courtesy of French security.

Dirham was in charge of financial affairs, called "cellular havala:" in this system, money is transferred by cell phone MMS, showing picture and passport number of a recipient, facilitating the trafficking of refugees on a "special care list" – mainly Pakistanis, Afghanis and Yemenis – into the EU. Dirham was also intermediating and channeling the money flow from the exchange with office owners in Central European countries to his counterparts in Germany, France and the UK.

www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The thread title is

Syria raids terror networks

Is there any proof of this?
I don't think Syria is in a position to attack the US or the terrorist state of israel.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I don't think I've seen a better response in years. Kudos man.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Great thread OP and i am not surpised by this, this part is really interesting
Salaf was released from Guantanamo after signing a contract with a private US security service, due to a Homeland 2008 Program; Salaf received his first training in the US, then arrived in Tunisia in 2010, where his education was finalized and put to service by a retired Egyptian colonel.

Well Well so it seems that Guantanamo is a secret training camp for terrorists not Prison, thats why you don't see any news of any trails coming from Guantanamo bay.

By now you would think those terrorists in Guantanamo would be charged right? speaking of which i have seen several videos of Guantanamo prison/camp.

It doesn't look like a prison to me, the prisoners look as if they are fairly treated pretty well, compared on what on in Iraq's abu ghraib.

new topics

top topics

join