It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

argentina wants the malvinas islands!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The ESO,(economic sphere of infuence, goes 200 miles....The Falklands are another 100 miles east......
The Argies are just full of BS.....
British sovriegnty over these islands is a must for britain if she hopes to maintain her world standing and position.....The resources are the key.....The Argies are in for a tough fight if they decide to invade agaain, as well as they have relenquished any treaty offered them....
The British will NOT relent ......The Falklands will remain British

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

David Cameron has had a word in old wax face's ear:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Same old same thread!

Many Brits who are clued up on the real history vs others who are not so bright IMO using wrong info/ biased anti UK sources.

It's getting quite boring now

Before posting I think it would be a good idea for people to put themselves in the shoes of a Falklander and see what they would do. If you were 6th/7th generation would you be happy to be thrown off your island?!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by glen200376
The same argentina that didnt even exist when the fawklands were found?they must be needing their asses kicked again.

That is true, but to be honest is Britain so pathetic that is must squabble over a bunch of tiny islands on the other side of the world? Is that what Britain has become?

How is Britain "squabbling" over the Falkland Islands? There are PEOPLE LIVING THERE who wish to remain British. Why would we allow another nation to invade the Falklands and steal those islands from the PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE?

I have no doubt that our government has other motives for defending those islands from Argentina. But as long as the PEOPLE LIVING THERE wish to remain British, I'm happy to see us defending them.

Argentina can sit and swivel, the people on those islands wish to remain British, and British they will remain.

I have capitalized the most important aspects of this post because it seems that many who support Argentina in this seem to conveniently ignore that British people live on those islands.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We still have the power to destroy Argentine Navy, we have the power to destroy Argentine Airforce, who cares what Kirchner says, she's just blowing smoke.

If you want it that bad come and take it.

And anyway...i seem to recall South-America belonged to Inca's, Mayans, Aztecs...maybe she should go back to Spain.

Cosmic..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
argentina presdent kirchner has taken the row of the Falkland islands to the UN, it seems this women wont let this go! maybe its time we deployed hms dragon just off her waters and give her something to moan about ole rubber face

She cannot justify the forced taking back of the breakaway islands unless she presents a grievance to the world first in the UN. Then she can take them. Britain has no money and cannot sustain a war this time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

argentina presdent kirchner has taken the row of the Falkland islands to the UN, it seems this women wont let this go! maybe its time we deployed hms dragon just off her waters and give her something to moan about ole rubber face

She cannot justify the forced taking back of the breakaway islands unless she presents a grievance to the world first in the UN. Then she can take them. Britain has no money and cannot sustain a war this time.

Breakaway islands? Which one's are these then, I thought the thread was about the Falklands.

And you are woefully mistaken if you think the UK cannot protect the islands. We are far more capable than in 1982 and the Argentina even less so. They don't even have any ships for which to transport troops and even if they did, they don't have any modern ASW or Air Defence Frigates or Destroyers to protect such an invasion force.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Quite simply, you're utterly wrong.

Every government has contingency plans for war, including ring-fenced budgets and military strategies for numerous locations and scenarios on file. These are reviewed regularly and the budget lowered/increased depending on any changes in likelihood or circumstances.

I can guarantee that the British government has everything it needs to meet the projected requirements of a defensive endeavor to protect the Falkland Islands.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

wanna bet! we will cruise missle argentina into submission, there i said it

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Originally posted by glen200376
The same argentina that didnt even exist when the fawklands were found?they must be needing their asses kicked again.

That is true, but to be honest is Britain so pathetic that is must squabble over a bunch of tiny islands on the other side of the world? Is that what Britain has become?

It's the lives of the people on the islanders. Why is it pathetic to protect your own people?

Argentina need to back down and shut up.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They can have the Malvina islands where ever they are but the Falkland Islands is ours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join