It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update Ocean X: They found ....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

You don't need to use any translator...the website of the expedition itself writes in English:

The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before.

First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

Bold emphasis added by me.

A huge mushroom shaped formation..with strange stone circle formations (formations plural), looking like fireplaces (rock firepits) complete with evidence of scorching to the rings of rocks that would have encircled a fire. The photo you included shows one of these smaller circles on TOP of the main structure, not the main structure itself.

www.oceanexplorer.se...

Expedition website itself, no translator software required, the breaking news section is in English.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah, I read that, but it didn't have any pictures. We can only work with evidence they give us yeah?

By the way, the Baltic Sea area is not seismically inactive.

Earthquakes in the Baltic sea:

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Baltic Sea tectonics:

It is therefore suggested that the genesis of the Baltic Sea is accounted to the tectonic uplift of the vast area that induced the smaller scale subsidence of the weak lithosphere.

www.cprm.gov.br...

Pictures of sandstone outcrops:

Sandstone outcropping

edit on 15-6-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, at last we know that this "rock" have nothing to do with an ufo/uso... it's just a rock from ancient civilization...

*sigh* all this... for this...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah, I read that, but it didn't have any pictures. We can only work with evidence they give us yeah?

precisely this.
so perhaps instead of jumping to hasty conclusions about exactly what it is and isn't
how about we wait for a little more of that aforementioned evidence stuff, yeah?

everything i read just makes me more and more curious.... egg shaped opening? now THAT makes me wonder.

i read in a couple of places about heightened radiation, has anyone heard any more about that?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

One question: Did you read the article?
If to lazy, I highlighted the part in the text you already quoted.

sir i did read the one from the website , so what's your point here ? enlighten me ?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I must admit, upon seeing the "rocks" for the first time last night I was disappointed. I was not disappointed because it was not a UFO as I knew it was not. Why? because the Governments and Militarys had no interest. I was disappointed because the "rocks" seemed so blah. Then I began to THINK.

These "rocks" appear to be intelligently placed. Why is this significant? Well, they had already stated that this structure predates the ice age placing this, at least at the end of the Pleistocene period. The Pleistocene period was 2,588,000 to 11,700 years ago. The end of this period is when Man was replacing Neanderthal in the European area.

Again, why is this significant? During this period, Man was still hunter/gatherers and nomadic in nature according to our previous understanding. This is a thought out permanent constructed settlement at the time in history that it was thought Man was living in temporary make shift shelters. Because we do not know who built this structure it is safe to say it could have been built by Man or Neanderthal. Either way this discovery completely changes the History books and what we have understood of the advancement of Man.

I understand the disappointment for those that thought/hoped it was an U.F.O. but this discovery is almost as important and I think those of you who are throwing around the "I told you its was nothing but rocks" should stop and think about the implications of this discovery and what it means to our understanding of prehistoric Man and Neanderthals.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
kinda looks like something is buried under the lil rocks n that huge rock being round sure loooks funny

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Completely agree that we can only speculate at this point, based on the limited information that's been released so far, it would be silly to make hard and fast conclusions at this point.

I'm doing just that though, making assumptions and speculating on what this thing may ultimately turn out to be, going along with annecdotal evidence of other sunken complexes and cities that have and are being discovered.

Add in that the last ice age came to a fairly abrupt end around 13,000 years ago after a very long period of glaciation, evidence of global comets / meteorites striking the Earth and wiping out large sections of the animal and human populations including killing off flora also around 13,000 years ago, causing the average sea levels to rise around 300 feet (about the depth of the Baltic 'object')...the pieces of a jigsaw that make a picture of a relatively advanced human civilisation having built structures and monuments, that were wiped out in a meteoric calamity and the evidence of their ever having been here is at the bottom of the sea, in this instance, the bottom of the Baltic sea, is a compelling one in my mind.

I would like a lot more information too, to confirm or refute the 'submerged human complex' scenario, but it's a very real possibility of being a construction, based on even the limited info released so far.

I see where you're going with your link to the sandstone images...and of course i agree that nature can and does shape some wonderful structures, but it doesn't tend to top those structures off with rings of fire pits enclosed in small burnt or scorched rocks. I doubt veteran divers would be amazed and claim what they have claimed if the structure(s) found were natural.

Hopefully we'll get more information and images soon.

edit on 15-6-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Add some global warming and some fire pits to this and a couple hundred years and you have a Baltic Sea Anomoly.

Here you go

edit on 15-6-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Topic already exists here

Closing

top topics

<< 1   >>

join