It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update Ocean X: They found ....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
A ROCK!

2012-06-15

BREAKING NEWS
Please find below first updates from Ocean X Team in Swedish media.
www.expressen.se...

google translate

www.oceanexplorer.se...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Who found a rock? Did they smoke it..? What?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This thread needs to be tossed in ocean X ?

Oh! ok it's the baltic anomaly again.
edit on 15-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ah that is quite funny.

So, what was so top secret about a rock then eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You think they'd actually tell us if it was an alien craft?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
error
edit on 15-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It's a strange rock for sure!

I wonder what the tests will reveal..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's a little more than just 'a rock'.

As i've stated here and elsewhere since this anomaly was discovered last year, it appears to be what is starting to look like a constructed structure, rather than a natural one. I never thought it was going to turn out to be a crashed space craft, because of other structures i had noticed on the images that had been posted.

The 'crash trail' always looked to me much more like a ceramonial road or route, such as found at Stonehenge and other places.

www.oceanexplorer.se...

The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before.

First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges.

The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot

Looking to be an ancient human religious construction, that has been sunken over the aeons like many other structures being found all over the world currently.

This thing could be anything from 12,000 year old or further back.

The fact that experts in natural Earth Geology, have 'never seen anything natural resembling the structure' lends weight to it's being something that was built by a long forgotten, yet technologically and socially advanced human civilisation which was abandoned as it sunk beneath the rising waters as the Polar caps receeded in antiquity.

Frankly, i don't know what would be the more controversial discovery, an advanced culturally and technological human society when conventional history says there were none, or a crashed space craft!

In the interests of maintaining the seemingly all important status quo, I would suspect the public wouldn't get the whole accurate story in either case.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm totally convinced that if the ice continue's to recede we will see more and more evidence of lost civilization and arcitecture . it will be like hp lovecraft's " the mountain's of madness"

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reminds me of that whole big foot ordeal ! ........lameski ..... oh well maybe its an important rock !

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot
reply to post by MysterX

ya soot , after that many years of being down their , heh hogwash all of it !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The poster of this thread just wanted to be the first one to report so it seems. He didn´t even bother to read the article.

First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces.
The stones were covered in something resembling soot. “During my 20-year diving career, including 6000 dives, I have never seen anything like this. Normally stones don’t burn. I can’t explain what we saw, and I went down there to answer questions, but I came up with even more questions “, says Stefan Hogeborn, one of the divers at Ocean X Team. The path to the object itself can be described as a runway or a downhill path that is flattened at the seabed with the object at the end of it.

“First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver“, continues Peter Lindberg, one of the founder Ocean X Team.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
The poster of this thread just wanted to be the first one to report so it seems. He didn´t even bother to read the article.

First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces.
The stones were covered in something resembling soot. “During my 20-year diving career, including 6000 dives, I have never seen anything like this. Normally stones don’t burn. I can’t explain what we saw, and I went down there to answer questions, but I came up with even more questions “, says Stefan Hogeborn, one of the divers at Ocean X Team. The path to the object itself can be described as a runway or a downhill path that is flattened at the seabed with the object at the end of it.

“First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver“, continues Peter Lindberg, one of the founder Ocean X Team.

oh geez! lets not make it a big deal now ocean x! i know why it took them so many days to make a statement , cause they were trying to figure out how to put some glorification on a rock !!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

One question: Did you read the article?
If to lazy, I highlighted the part in the text you already quoted.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, they didn't keep their promise to post pictures as was announced last week.
It seems indeed that they found an ancient site. After the last ice age sea level raised around 150 meters/300 feet, so it is possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
i already read and watch video. not realy need write someting more.
its a fcin rock thats all. there is no ufo.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by aytacaksel
i already read and watch video. not realy need write someting more.
its a fcin rock thats all. there is no ufo.

Is that all you were interested in..it being a 'ufo'?

Are you not even the least bit curious that according to a professor of Geology that has been shown the anomaly, it is something he has never seen or heard of in the natural world?

That can more or less be read that the structure is not a natural formation, rock yes, naturally formed no.

Many famous buildings and structures around the world, from the Pathenon in Greece, to Mt. Rushmore in the USA are rock, but none of us would argue they are naturally formed!

Seeing as a UFO was what you seem to have hoped for and to keep your interest, have you considered another possibility...does the description of a 'mushroom shaped structure, with rounded sides and an egg shaped entrance hole in the center and strange circular shapes of smaller rocks around the top' remind you of anything?

Oh i don't know...a UFO maybe?!

The small circles around the top of the 'saucer / mushroom' shaped main structure appear to have been scorched, possibly by a series of fires being lit within the small circles....what do you think a ring of small circles, lit with fires burning inside them, arranged around a central saucer or mushroom shape would look like?

A UFO with a ring or rings of bright lights perhaps?

Who's to say this structure and complex wasn't a prehistoric religious site built to commemorate and venerate a sighting of a landed craft? Many ancient religions around the world have as a central theme, 'the gods decending to Earth from the stars', who's to say the people who built and perhaps worshipped here didn't have the same idea after actually seeing their gods arrive and land in this area before it flooded?

Things are always more complicated than we first think.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So the illuminati planted an easter egg. Stupid people will gafaw!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This it an image from the video:

Sorry guys, it looks like rocks to me.

Using the Bing translator for the article I came up with following:

What the divers saw:

-It looks almost like a necklace, or that someone has tried to make a fireplace with a one foot large stones at the bottom of the sea.

Dykarnas images show that the circle in turn consists of several stones shaped like "buns" or "mushrooms" which are connected with each other and form the circle. Total item 60 metres long and about as wide.

Stefan Hogeborn describes the FEELING of the material as carbonized.

They did show the photo to a geologist, and no he wasn't baffled:

Expressen has allowed Martin Jakobsson, professor of marine geology and geophysics at the University of Stockholm, see a picture from the diving offered.

There is probably some kind of sandstone. When you look at the structure, it looks like it, "he said.

It does look like a sandstone outcrop with unequal erosion.

www.expressen.se...
www.microsofttranslator.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Man made structure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join